Author Topic: Israel's good friend Obama...  (Read 122720 times)

Online jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
Re: Israel's good friend Obama...
« Reply #520 on: December 29, 2016, 11:06:35 AM »
It depends if JJ will let me visit something he claims to own.
Funny you should say that as a Levi I personally don't own any land as my life is dedicated to serving Hashem. *Halo emjoi*
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline alexk.

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: December 29, 2016, 11:11:56 AM »
Just weighing in...
I think the answer to your question  is as follows:
When you say " opinion of World Leaders", you are assuming that these are objective opinions. As you can see from the "greatest" democracy in the world, a world leader does not necessarily carry the opinion of what congress (in our case), which gives a broader representation of our country feels. If our democratic leader is skewed by his own personal agendas, what does that say for the rest of the world??? The bottom line is that the Moslem population worldwide outnumbers the Jewish population by many multiples. World leaders have their own agenda, wither it is to make their constituents happy, keep their power, financial considerations of their country and own wallets, etc...

Look at Egypt and Saudi Arabia... They have to put on a front of we hate Israel, but reports show that they are absolutely scared of what would happen if Israel would be Palestine. You think the Chinese don't benefit and appreciate Israel's contribution to their economies? But the Arab world is so much bigger... Same with Russia. So, how are we to weigh public opinion? How many Arab Israelis are afraid of living in "Palestine"? They would lose their democratic rights... Israel allows Arabs to live in their country. Palestinians have said they would never allow Jews in their country.

We as jews, may be biased to Israel. But we all are biased one way or another.

However, the United States and Israel, 2 democracies that are both sworn enemies of "Radical Islam" ( don't tell BO we used those words), have a common fight. We gave land to the terrorists in the name of peace before. What did they do with it? Appeasement with land does not work with these people.

BO has taken the position, wither it was Iran, Egypt, Syria, etc... that instead of standing for what American Values are, we will try to appease them and they will like us more. What do you think the world opinion is with regard to a Nuclear Iran? It is a good idea??? But the world leaders would rather stick their heads in the sand and worry about their own countries.

American values have always been pro-democracy. Israel is a democratic country. Would Palestine be democratic??? The stance he took was against the wishes of his constituents ( congress) and against the only other democracy in the region. How can the United States turn blindly to the Terrorism that is sponsored by Palestinians? Only BO, who believes that you appease the wolf first would think that this is the best form of peace.

At best he is misguided in thinking that the only way to peace is to first give the terrorists what they want and that will stop them from their terrorist ambitions. More likely, he is just anti-american and anti-Israel. It is all about his liberal agenda.

Why no intervention in Syria? That could've been his legacy? This was just much easier for him. And if this was his policy all along, why wait until after the election, in the 11th hour to do it? Obviously he knew that the "popular opinion" is not with him...

So if the leader of the most "democratic" country does not follow the popular or sensical opinion of his country and pushes his personal Liberal agenda, what does that say for every other country? Everyone has an agenda ( as do we...).

The bottom line is we are too small of a factor of the world for the "world leader opinion" to be objective.   

Offline JTZ

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: December 29, 2016, 11:13:59 AM »
Funny you should say that as a Levi I personally don't own any land as my life is dedicated to serving Hashem. *Halo emjoi*
I was talking about the Temple you claim is part yours. You real need to get on the ball. From someone that was Ivy league educated you are getting beat up by someone who shouldn't of even graduated HS.  :P
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #523 on: December 29, 2016, 11:21:08 AM »
At best he is misguided in thinking that the only way to peace is to first give the terrorists what they want and that will stop them from their terrorist ambitions. More likely, he is just anti-american and anti-Israel. It is all about his liberal agenda.
So now not only is he anti-Israel he is also anti-American? The hits just keep on coming.  :)
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline alexk.

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: December 29, 2016, 11:27:35 AM »
That line was a nod to many of the Republicans who have used that verbiage before.... You have to be willing to hear an answer if you want to propose a question...

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #525 on: December 29, 2016, 11:30:01 AM »
That line was a nod to many of the Republicans who have used that verbiage before.... You have to be willing to hear an answer if you want to propose a question...
The problem is a can never get an answer to what I ask. You clarified what you meant and I appreciate that.

Online jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #526 on: December 29, 2016, 11:35:21 AM »
I was talking about the Temple you claim is part yours. You real need to get on the ball. From someone that was Ivy league educated you are getting beat up by someone who shouldn't of even graduated HS.  :P
Man oh man are you lost. The temple can't even be visited during galus.

The problem is a can never get an answer to what I ask. You clarified what you meant and I appreciate that.
Because you ask ridiculously vague questions.

Offline Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #527 on: December 29, 2016, 11:36:07 AM »
The problem is a can never get an answer to what I ask.

You ask ridiculously obtuse questions to expect pointed one word answers.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #528 on: December 29, 2016, 11:40:04 AM »
I can ask if 2+2=4 and wouldn't be able to get a straight answer.

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #529 on: December 29, 2016, 11:40:30 AM »
Try me

Offline alexk.

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: December 29, 2016, 11:41:39 AM »
The term "anti" is used a lot in this thread so let me try one. If you consistently side with a foreign governments position over the US is that being anti-American? - This is the question.

The short answer is: The world view is also "Anti-American". They do not hold our values. So why would siding with Foreign Governments be " Pro - American"? That would be "Anti-American".

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #531 on: December 29, 2016, 11:44:06 AM »
It seems at least one person is capable on answering.
The short answer is: The world view is also "Anti-American". They do not hold our values. So why would siding with Foreign Governments be " Pro - American"? That would be "Anti-American".

Offline shulem92

• View Profile
« Reply #532 on: December 29, 2016, 11:45:55 AM »
Did u mean 1+1=3? HT AchasVachas

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #533 on: December 29, 2016, 11:47:09 AM »
Did u mean 1+1=3? HT AchasVachas
What ever happen to him? Hope everything is OK.

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #534 on: December 29, 2016, 11:57:00 AM »
With due respect, saying the rest of the world doesn't "share our values" is equally idiotic and obtuse.

Define: anti American.
Define: values.

"Foreign governments" range from Russia, Syria, New Zealand, Zimbabwe, Israel, Germany to Kenya. Do you honestly believe one answer fits all?

Online jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: December 29, 2016, 11:57:55 AM »
His answer is very one sided. Assuming that world governments don't hold the same values as the US does.

Online jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: December 29, 2016, 11:58:20 AM »
With due respect, saying the rest of the world doesn't "share our values" is equally idiotic and obtuse.

"Foreign governments" range from Russia, Syria, New Zealand, Zimbabwe, Israel, Germany to Kenya. Do you honestly believe one answer fits all?
Lol, seems we are answering the same thing here.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #537 on: December 29, 2016, 12:00:15 PM »
His answer is very one sided. Assuming that world governments don't hold the same values as the US does.

So you didn't like the answer?  :)

Offline CZ60

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: December 29, 2016, 12:00:58 PM »
The term "anti" is used a lot in this thread so let me try one. If you consistently side with a foreign governments position over the US is that being anti-American? Should I wait until Friday for this question?  :)

I'd like to take a stab at this.

Let's start with: Define foreign govt position.

Define US position.

Define consistently.

If you're talking about the leader of each of these countries, what if the leaders' opinions don't agree with the people of that country? If BO's opinion on something is not what most of the ppl want, what then? What about if I agree with BO/American ppl on everything except one issue? Do I need to be put in my place? Should my opinions be limited to what the govt says, for fear that I am anti-American or offending someone?

If I consistently side with Bibi vs. BO on one issue, are you going to claim I am anti-American?

And what if I side with Russia on Syria vs. the American policy of "Red-Lines-Oops-They-were-crossed-and-we're-still-not-going-to-do-anything. Five-years-later-and-we're-still-clueless"? Does that make me anti-American?

Even if I don't support what our govt is doing around the world, or even in the US, am I still anti-American? I can't hold American values (see: Constitution but you can ask me to be more precise, its only fair) but disagree with our president/people?

Disagreement with the President/Ppl on foreign/domestic policy does not equal Anti-American.

You jumped up about 15 flights of stairs with that question. If you took it one step at a time, you might have been able to corner some sucker into saying "ah-uh-um-uh-5th-amendement".

Offline CZ60

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: December 29, 2016, 12:02:18 PM »

+1