Author Topic: Israel's good friend Obama...  (Read 124492 times)

Online Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
Re: Israel's good friend Obama...
« Reply #540 on: December 29, 2016, 12:03:34 PM »
So you didn't like the answer?  :)

As I said, the question is ridiculously obtuse, any one word answer you would accept would be be Kerry-level-stupid on its face.

Offline JTZ

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: December 29, 2016, 12:04:41 PM »
If I consistently side with Bibi vs. BO on one issue, are you going to claim I am anti-American?
This is the whole problem. I wouldn't do that but most here are doing the reverse.
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #542 on: December 29, 2016, 12:09:27 PM »
So you didn't like the answer?  :)
The problem was within the question.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline CZ60

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: December 29, 2016, 12:10:04 PM »
This is the whole problem. I wouldn't do that but most here are doing the reverse.

I see your point. But that resolution does not contain just 1 issue of settlements.

It misses what most congresspeople and the Israeli public think is the root of not having peace. It's BO's opinion that the root is the settlements. It misses the point of the Jewish connection to Jerusalem (specifically Western Wall). It misses/disagrees with A LOT more than 1 issue.

So you're question isn't a valid question, because its not one issue. There are multiple issues on that resolution, many of which don't coincide with the opinions of the congresspeople of this fine country, nor with the Israeli govt. Saying BO is anti-israel because of settlements is not fair, agreed. But that resolution was a lot more than that.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #544 on: December 29, 2016, 12:13:42 PM »
But that resolution was a lot more than that.
That is a whole discussion by itself.
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #545 on: December 29, 2016, 12:16:10 PM »
The problem was within the question.
So is that a no?  ::)

Offline CZ60

• View Profile
« Reply #546 on: December 29, 2016, 12:18:07 PM »
That is a whole discussion by itself.

And so then your question wasn't valid. So you can't really keep asking people for a one-word answer.

As I said, the question is ridiculously obtuse, any one word answer you would accept would be be Kerry-level-stupid on its face.

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #547 on: December 29, 2016, 12:20:09 PM »
So is that a no?  ::)
You know when your teacher told you there is no such thing as a stupid question.

She was wrong.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Online Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #548 on: December 29, 2016, 12:23:55 PM »

Please. I have defended Obama here plenty. With the resolution, he left a lot of people saying this:

https://twitter.com/EliLake/status/813057148435517440

Kerry's speech yesterday made the resolution *even worse* - it clearly revealed a fundamental lack of understanding of the core issues, and created a moral equivalence between murdering innocent children and building houses. Not to mention the lies and deceit that came along with it.

Bibi is a right winger reviled by so many on the middle and left, here and Israel. Yet, magically, on this the consensus is Obama screwed up.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #549 on: December 29, 2016, 12:25:19 PM »
And so then your question wasn't valid. So you can't really keep asking people for a one-word answer.
You keep reading a lot more into the question than what is there. Stop approaching the question as if I answer this how is he going to turn this against me.

If asked that question to 100 people on the street what do you think there answer would be?

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #550 on: December 29, 2016, 12:26:17 PM »
You know when your teacher told you there is no such thing as a stupid question.

She was wrong.
She was right when she told me there are stupid answers.

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #551 on: December 29, 2016, 12:32:23 PM »
Your joking right? If I side with Russia consistently over the US I wouldn't be called anti-American?
Regarding policy? Why would it be? Would it be anti american to feel that Russia has a right to Crimea? Maybe I am just not fully briefed on Crimea. If it is a question of policy then it would not be anti American if it would be to favor Russia. If it is something about which they are adversarial and it would be to the detriment of the US then it would be. That is why I specified policy yet you created a straw man.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline CZ60

• View Profile
« Reply #552 on: December 29, 2016, 12:41:23 PM »
You keep reading a lot more into the question than what is there. Stop approaching the question as if I answer this how is he going to turn this against me.

Well you seem to be trying to corner everybody who says anything except "Yes" to your answer so your attitude is contradictory. And I'm not really reading anything more into it, but I'd like to understand what you mean by the question before I answer it. Wasn't aware asking for definitions of some of your terms was considered avoidance.

Here's another analogy for you - "Do you want to play ball?" "What type of ball? Basketball, baseball, football..." "Stop avoiding my question and answer, do you want to play, yes, or no?"

You can't have it both ways.

If asked that question to 100 people on the street what do you think there answer would be?

You'd probably get a mix of "yes" idk" "maybe" "no".

Online Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #553 on: December 29, 2016, 12:45:42 PM »

If stopping people on the street is your criteria for insightful answers, you might be disappointed.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #554 on: December 29, 2016, 12:53:32 PM »
But we know how that is how we need to answer any such question from you. Just look at how you created a straw man from 3 words of my answer.

Offline Super Speed

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis First, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum.
« Reply #555 on: December 29, 2016, 12:57:22 PM »
Well you seem to be trying to corner everybody who says anything except "Yes" to your answer so your attitude is contradictory. And I'm not really reading anything more into it, but I'd like to understand what you mean by the question before I answer it. Wasn't aware asking for definitions of some of your terms was considered avoidance.

Here's another analogy for you - "Do you want to play ball?" "What type of ball? Basketball, baseball, football..." "Stop avoiding my question and answer, do you want to play, yes, or no?"

You can't have it both ways.

You'd probably get a mix of "yes" idk" "maybe" "no".
And how ironic coming from JTZ our in house master of deflection.

Offline ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
« Reply #556 on: December 29, 2016, 01:05:48 PM »
So now not only is he anti-Israel he is also anti-American? The hits just keep on coming.  :)
He (BHO, just clarifying as my head is spinning from trying to catch up on this thread) got elected twice as an Anti-American. Though he often lied his way through it.

For the record, I define Anti-American as opposing the values and positions of the US Constitution (originalist).
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #557 on: December 29, 2016, 01:11:42 PM »

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #558 on: December 29, 2016, 01:15:50 PM »
The president supports Israel, congress supports Israel, AFAIK the American people support Israel and I also support Israel. For anyone to call the president anti-Israel based on this one toothless resolution is crazy.
As far as the resolution being toothless, there are reasons it may have sharper teeth than you realize as well as it being significantly worse that the resolutions previous presidents allowed to pass.

http://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-1.761090
http://www.jpost.com/Arab-Israeli-Conflict/Analysis-Will-the-UN-resolution-help-spur-a-full-ICC-war-crimes-probe-476487
http://www.timesofisrael.com/abbas-confidant-we-will-take-hundreds-of-idf-soldiers-to-icc-this-year/

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #559 on: December 29, 2016, 02:21:33 PM »
Well you seem to be trying to corner everybody who says anything except "Yes" to your answer so your attitude is contradictory.
I am not cornering anyone. If you don't want to answer the question as asked that is fine. Don't answer it and don't twist what I an saying.
Your answer is yes. See how easy that was for about the 100th time.