Author Topic: Jetstar on OW award debacle  (Read 1405 times)

Offline moish

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
Jetstar on OW award debacle
« on: November 08, 2011, 02:28:18 PM »
i booked a OneWorld award for my trip to Australia, and included some Jetstar segments that had QF flight numbers associated with it.

It was ticketed in September.

2 days ago, a flight opened up that had nothing to do with the jetstar part and i called aa to make a switch which included paying a redeposit fee and reissue of the ticket since i changed the routing with the switch.

today, i get an email to call aa about my reservation

i call aa, and they tell me it cant be ticketed since jetstar cannot be used for a oneworld award, only for an all partner award. i tell her she must be mistaken since i know people that used it without a problem and besides, this ticket was ticketed already in Sept! it only needed to be reticketed for an unrelated route change!

i elevate the call to a supervisor who informs me of the same, and that the agent who originally booked my ticket was probably new and wasnt aware of all the rules. i explain to her that before it was ticketed, it was in the queue a bunch of times and rejected for other issues - never because of jetstar!
she offered to take the jetstar portion out of the OW and ticket it separately as an All Partner Award, and credit my account for the 30k miles it would cost for the 3 tickets. i agree, and she puts me on hold.
5 minutes later, she comes back and OOOPS.... she made a mistake, its 30k for one way, 60k rt and shes only authorized to credit 30k
so she tells me that to buy the ticket outright would cost $650 for the 3 of us, so she would book the tickets and send me vouchers for the 650. problem is that im waiting for the preceeding flight to open up earlier and change the first jetstar flight to an earlier as well, saving me a full day on the trip. with a mileage ticket, thats perfectly fine, but for a paid ticket im subjected to a myriad of fees and fare differences. (besides the fact that i can buy aa vouchers for less than 80% of face)

basically, they screwed me. WHAT TO DO? anybody have ideas?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: Jetstar on OW award debacle
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 02:56:52 PM »
Dems the breaks with the OW award.
I made a non-related change and they busted me for eliminating LHR as a stopover but there was no availability to make LHR a stopover again.  My ticket was stuck in catch-22 status until I finally got a supervisor to override it.

In all of my re-ticketing and problems though the JetStar flight was never mentioned.  They did make problems for tons of other stuff, but that's expected with a ticket with so many rules.

Good luck, the OW is not for beginners, that's for sure.

Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline moish

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 03:46:04 PM »
if they claim that qantas wont allow it, is there anything for a supervisor to override?

also how long do you think i could leave it in limbo before they decide to cancel it? i figure if its in limbo i could make routing changes without paying the fee?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 03:50:02 PM »
It has nothing to do with Qantas or Jetstar allowing it, these are AA rules.

I doubt they'll cancel it without warning you first.  I got a warning call from a manager and thought my whole trip was toast but she was able to work it all out.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline moish

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 04:10:29 PM »
It has nothing to do with Qantas or Jetstar allowing it, these are AA rules.
thats what i thought too, but the supervisor told me that i will have a problem when checking in. its probably bs, but how would i convince them to overide

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2011, 06:28:05 PM »
thats what i thought too, but the supervisor told me that i will have a problem when checking in. its probably bs, but how would i convince them to overide
Definitely BS as I had no problem flying JQ.  They told me the same thing that CX wouldn't let me checkin if I had 2 stopovers in HKG.
HUCA is my only advice.