Author Topic: What kind of donuts did you get? How much did they cost? How many did you eat?  (Read 7399 times)

Offline erlich

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Not normal what prices you can charge for a donut..
   Sesame bakery and the rest.

Solid money making opportunity for chanakah.
Like every seasonal item by us frum yidden ,
Sukkas,esrogim,matzoh , and the list is long, b"h we have the zechiya to celebrate nice yomim tovim ,but every individual needs to stay foucused what he can afford, same goes with lifestyle

Offline erlich

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
I broke my policy for many years over not buying any store bought donuts ,because most of them the dough is not edible and doughy , this mini cheese raspberry strawberry donut from Bakerie is crown heights is fluffy and delicious, but $5 is really expensive

Btw i saw they are opening a location in Williamsburg

Offline mileagejunkie

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 607
    • View Profile
Toppings are cool but doughnuts for me come down to the dough. My two favorites are Queens Pita and cronuts at Cafe Chocolat in Cedarhurst. The former used to be $1.75 but now $1.95. Cronuts are $5 or $6, I haven’t been this year.
Flavors pictured here from Queens Pita are Nutella, chocolate mousse, vanilla, pistachio, strawberry, and halva. Third picture is cronuts taken from Cafe Chocolat’s Facebook page.

Offline SSLPhD

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
Try the cheese donut from Gombos in CH. YUM!
I bought one (!) of those a few years ago, brought it home to try.  We absolutely loved it.  It had this slight key lime flavor that was so delicious.  Went back the next week to get more, and didn't see it.  Described to the person there, and they had no idea what I was talking about.  Got the cheese donut that they did have, but compared to the last one, it was a disappointment. 
44/50, 46/63

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
I bought one (!) of those a few years ago, brought it home to try.  We absolutely loved it.  It had this slight key lime flavor that was so delicious.  Went back the next week to get more, and didn't see it.  Described to the person there, and they had no idea what I was talking about.  Got the cheese donut that they did have, but compared to the last one, it was a disappointment. 
Same. Exact. Thing happened to me. Dan was there a week before me, got this mystery cheese donut.

I went a week later got a similar one and it was eh... employees were clueless.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
The grove surfside.

$4.99/fancy donut and $2.99/regular donut.

They were decent. Made a wholesome breakfast.

(The oreo one was actually rancid though.)
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline grodnoking

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile

(The oreo one was actually rancid though.)

Krispy kreme in PA has an oreo donut that is incredible. Maybe they make them in NMB too...
I'm not who you think I am.

Offline Proisrael

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG,Hilton,Club Carlson
I have found the doughnuts absolutely lacking in the jelly department. Putting in one half of one half a teaspoon and calling it a Jelly doughnut is cheating!! Its like selling Aravos missing the leaves!

Offline YitzyS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
As the story goes...Pinky Weber enters the bakery asking for a custard doughnut, "give me a custard doughnut with a nice chunk of custard in it, not like the other ripoffs" . "Here you have one"  replies the seller "go ahead and enjoy it". Pinky gives one bite, and a second bite and no custard is showing up. "same like the others!! Where's my custard?" "You gotta give another bite sir" says the seller. After the additional 2 bites with a tiny piece of doughnut left in his hand he shouts again "So where's my custard you ripoff" "OH, NOW YOU BIT TOO MUCH- YOU MUST HAVE MISSED IT"
Is there a connection to Pinky Weber here?

Offline stooges44

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 269
    • View Profile
All you missed is them ripping people off. $14 for a doughnut?  >:(

https://streamable.com/90cyc

:-X ???
If it's not free shipping it's not worth it.

Offline Abebee

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 735
    • View Profile
  • Programs: National EE
DH is a BIG donut guy... Here's his picks from Boro Park bakeries:
Caramel- sesame, kaffs (cheesy whipped caramel combo) yossis (donut is very oily, but caramel is amazing--heavy!!) all milchig
Lotus- Sesame (the donut with the hole, the one with lotus cream, too much!) Pareve
Jelly- Weiss bakery (perfection!) pareve
custard--Fallsburg Pareve
hazelnut/Nutella--Weiss (heavy) and Sesame Pareve
White chocolate/cheese- Bagels n greens milchig
Don't have time to travel to taste from other locations... Any other recommendations from other Brooklyn locations?
Tam Eden had 2 very interesting flavors (that I have never seen before). Pina colada & Passion fruit. Mixed reviews at the party, imo they were pretty solid.

Offline chayal101

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Tam Eden had 2 very interesting flavors (that I have never seen before). Pina colada & Passion fruit. Mixed reviews at the party, imo they were pretty solid.
Though their dough is nothing special...Not a fan.
Chaya L.

Offline mochjas

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
I really liked their chocolate pudding one, but yes their dough needs to get better. Its too thick and gets hard fast

Offline lazertek

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
  • Programs: delta gold medllion status alaska mvp marriott gold elite uber gold Hertz PC Aeoroplan silver National EE
English Cake Ramat Eshkol 9 shekel a piece was delicious i tried the mekupelet ,chocolate mousse & cheese doughnut.
The only difference between a good day and a bad day is your attitude(:

Offline chayal101

• View Profile
English Cake Ramat Eshkol 9 shekel a piece was delicious i tried the mekupelet ,chocolate mousse & cheese doughnut.
I Hear Pizza Uri in Geulah has the best caramel donuts in the WORLD!!
Chaya L.

Offline lazertek

• View Profile
  • Programs: delta gold medllion status alaska mvp marriott gold elite uber gold Hertz PC Aeoroplan silver National EE
I Hear Pizza Uri in Geulah has the best caramel donuts in the WORLD!!
I was actually there yesterday a bit overrated and stingy on the caramel.

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
In Israel you need to chap arain now because you won't see another donut for the next 10 months.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline lazertek

• View Profile
In Israel you need to chap arain now because you won't see another donut for the next 10 months.
There is actually New york bake shop next to mir that makes doughnuts year round.

Offline Abebee

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 735
    • View Profile
  • Programs: National EE
These days I think you can say the same thing about Brooklyn. You can't such doughnuts all year round.

Offline chayal101

• View Profile
These days I think you can say the same thing about Brooklyn. You can't such doughnuts all year round.
Royal donuts is delicious all year long... However on Chanuka they are mass produced and don't taste as good, the chocolate is off, etc... Sesame sells a large variety of donuts every day including lotus & caramel I believe. But the other fancy creams are exclusively a Chanukah Hock!!
Chaya L.