Topic Wiki

My view on a statement like Rav Miller's is that whatever happens we are supposed to take a lesson out of it. When a tragedy happens and we say it may have been because of this that or the other thing it is simply to take a lesson from it for personal improvement. It is not to lay fault.
« Last edited by ltttc on January 09, 2020, 03:19:19 PM »

Author Topic: Its Open Season on Jews  (Read 199602 times)

Offline chevron

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Its Open Season on Jews
« Reply #540 on: January 06, 2020, 12:00:37 AM »

Offline chevron

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: January 06, 2020, 12:35:53 AM »
Anyways, as with the 2a stuff. I'm going to bow out. Admittedly I don't have the answer, I don't even know the questions.

I haven't spent time in NYC much in the last 10 years so I am clueless.

I do know that it's all prospective, I had a Lyft driver in Raleigh NC, African American young lady rail about racism in the area and the next day a middle aged African American male Lyft driver said she's full of crap it's really how you act (insert Chris rock how to not get beaten by the police)

Others have theorised that the reason we see this in NYC is due to close living.  Tensions run high and Jews are insular generally .

I made a couple of guesses,  *shrugs* I'll go crawl back into my hole  ;)

I edited my comments accordingly to at least try to stay on focus, sorry to veer off, I have really bad ADD.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 12:41:58 AM by chevron »

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #542 on: January 06, 2020, 08:15:11 AM »
not exactly helping your credibility
DId you read it? It was actually an excellent article.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: January 06, 2020, 09:23:04 AM »
I found out what's causing all the anti semitism
Its because jews control the weather, & we're not letting it snow this year. Just ask Trayon White.

Offline Yehuda57

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #544 on: January 06, 2020, 09:53:31 AM »
The people who commit these acts aren't reading Farrakhan. It's a trickle down of the conspiratory thoughts that becomes the conversation in certain circles.

@CountValentine did you see this video? I'm skeptical of "man on the street" videos because I know how heavy editing can be - and is - used to make people say the exact opposite of what they believe. However, in this instance, it matches *exactly* to what gets yelled to me and my neighbors on the street and on the Subway every single day.

As you can see, the conspiratory thoughts are not repeated from Farrakhan, but the same conspiracy themes are there. We own everything, we don't share, we are the source of all the problems, and we don't come from the neighborhood. (I rent a 2 bedroom apartment in a building about 49% Jewish, 49% African American; my father was born in Crown Heights in 1950, my grandparents in Brownsville in the '20s - you get the picture).

Offline skyguy918

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: January 06, 2020, 10:02:21 AM »
@CountValentine did you see this video? I'm skeptical of "man on the street" videos because I know how heavy editing can be - and is - used to make people say the exact opposite of what they believe. However, in this instance, it matches *exactly* to what gets yelled to me and my neighbors on the street and on the Subway every single day.

As you can see, the conspiratory thoughts are not repeated from Farrakhan, but the same conspiracy themes are there. We own everything, we don't share, we are the source of all the problems, and we don't come from the neighborhood. (I rent a 2 bedroom apartment in a building about 49% Jewish, 49% African American; my father was born in Crown Heights in 1950, my grandparents in Brownsville in the '20s - you get the picture).
You forgot the part where we're apparently sending all our earnings to Israel or something.

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #546 on: January 06, 2020, 10:04:16 AM »
You forgot the part where we're apparently sending all our earnings to Israel or something.

Well, that would be correct if you have kids in yeshivah/seminary there  :P :'(

Offline ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
« Reply #547 on: January 06, 2020, 12:26:22 PM »

Where are "black leaders" coming out in public, dissecting the claims and allegations being made (which, as pointed out by @Yehuda57 are extremely prevalent), pointing out that (1) even if anything was true - it was never a justification for violence and hate crimes, and (2) how baseless and ridiculous the claims are.

@CountValentine this video needs to be watched over and over again, until it is obvious to all that the major culprits in the antisemitic violence are the left, such as Bernie Sanders with their class-warfare rhetoric, no less than the opportunist hate-mongers such as Al Sharpton and Louis Farrakhan.

I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline Yonah

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: January 06, 2020, 12:52:00 PM »
this video needs to be watched over and over again, until it is obvious to all that the major culprits in the antisemitic violence are the left, such as Bernie Sanders with their class-warfare rhetoric, no less than the opportunist hate-mongers such as Al Sharpton and Louis Farrakhan.

To @ExGingi 's point - I saw that Sharpton was at a meeting recently condeming violence. I couldn't understand why. Considering his history of stirring up the pot, coupled with the fact that most of the perpetrators of the most recent attacks - including Jersey City and monsey - were black - it made no sense.

... and then I realized that he came out on the day where it was reported that 2 of the thugs that attacked jews were released because of Bail Reform. I am thoroughly convinced that Al Sharpton came forward because he was worried that it would adversely impact bail reform, and not because he gives a rats behind about Jews. History is on my side.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
« Reply #549 on: January 06, 2020, 12:54:28 PM »
To @ExGingi 's point - I saw that Sharpton was at a meeting recently condeming violence. I couldn't understand why. Considering his history of stirring up the pot, coupled with the fact that most of the perpetrators of the most recent attacks - including Jersey City and monsey - were black - it made no sense.

... and then I realized that he came out on the day where it was reported that 2 of the thugs that attacked jews were released because of Bail Reform. I am thoroughly convinced that Al Sharpton came forward because he was worried that it would adversely impact bail reform, and not because he gives a rats behind about Jews. History is on my side.

No need for such a pilpul. It serves his purpose/agenda/MO perfectly. Condemn violence while stirring the pot and inciting by decrying unfair treatment, inequality, etc. etc.
-- Dan

Offline Yonah

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: January 06, 2020, 12:56:55 PM »
No need for such a pilpul. It serves his purpose/agenda/MO perfectly. Condemn violence while stirring the pot and inciting by decrying unfair treatment, inequality, etc. etc.

:) I always say I'd love to be in a debate with him, every response would be the same four words - "Tawana Brawley Crown Heights"

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #551 on: January 06, 2020, 01:04:59 PM »
:) I always say I'd love to be in a debate with him, every response would be the same four words - "Tawana Brawley Crown Heights"
"Tawana Brawley Crown Heights Freddy's Fashion Mart"

But it's actually much more than that, though it would be harder to summarize the other stuff on his rap sheet into 2-3 words each.

Offline whYME

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: January 06, 2020, 01:08:25 PM »

Offline CountValentine

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #553 on: January 06, 2020, 01:28:09 PM »
@CountValentine did you see this video?
No. Is there a reason I should watch it?
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #554 on: January 06, 2020, 01:30:32 PM »
No. Is there a reason I should watch it?

Where are "black leaders" coming out in public, dissecting the claims and allegations being made (which, as pointed out by @Yehuda57 are extremely prevalent), pointing out that (1) even if anything was true - it was never a justification for violence and hate crimes, and (2) how baseless and ridiculous the claims are.

@CountValentine this video needs to be watched over and over again, until it is obvious to all, that the major culprits in the antisemitic violence are the left, such as Bernie Sanders with their class-warfare rhetoric, no less than the opportunist hate-mongers such as Al Sharpton and Louis Farrakhan.

-- Dan

Offline CountValentine

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #555 on: January 06, 2020, 01:35:18 PM »
I can't watch it just yet but I guess a better question would be anything in it I don't already know?
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #556 on: January 06, 2020, 01:40:39 PM »
I can't watch it just yet but I guess a better question would be anything in it I don't already know?

Whether you know things or not, is one thing. This will let you see and get a taste of what we experience.
-- Dan

Offline Dawie

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: January 06, 2020, 01:41:27 PM »
Whether you know things or not, is one thing. This will let you see and get a taste of what we experience.
you were supposed to give him that on the CH tour...

Offline as2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: January 06, 2020, 01:43:04 PM »
Memories last forever, make them while you can.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #559 on: January 06, 2020, 01:46:19 PM »
you were supposed to give him that on the CH tour...

He never had a CH tour, only a 770 tour (and the short walk from the world-famous Mermelstein's to 770).  ;)
-- Dan