Topic Wiki

My view on a statement like Rav Miller's is that whatever happens we are supposed to take a lesson out of it. When a tragedy happens and we say it may have been because of this that or the other thing it is simply to take a lesson from it for personal improvement. It is not to lay fault.
« Last edited by ltttc on January 09, 2020, 03:19:19 PM »

Author Topic: Its Open Season on Jews  (Read 199528 times)

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
Re: Its Open Season on Jews
« Reply #240 on: December 31, 2019, 09:43:26 AM »
I was addressing a post that was discussing individual incidents.
Looking at it collectively - I don’t think the gun laws in any state would influence if a gun would be used in a premeditated killing spree, which all the recent incidents were. I can see how they can influence non-premeditated murders though.
I am not disagreeing with that so let me ask it this way. Full auto weapons are extremely hard to get. What if you could buy a full auto as easily as any other handgun. Would it be fair to say in most of these case instead of them using a SA AR-15 they would be using a FA weapon? Doesn't that show regulations do work when applied everywhere.
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline Chapshnell

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Skypesos, AA Shilling, AS Pounds.
« Reply #241 on: December 31, 2019, 09:43:32 AM »
This explains why many people are afraid to file a report. Absolutely crazy
https://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/ny-oped-discovering-huge-holes-in-discovery-reform-20190603-7dczo26lu5fc7e46wvny4chfyy-story.html

bill d'rasha doesnt want crime reported in order to make it seem like crime is down when they release statistics. so the more rules to encourage not to report the better

Offline ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #242 on: December 31, 2019, 09:48:48 AM »
bill d'rasha doesnt want crime reported in order to make it seem like crime is down when they release statistics. so the more rules to encourage not to report the better

Never heard about Vision Zero for any type of crime. It costs money rather than increasing revenue. The only vision zero they enact is revenue generating laws (reduced speed limits, dedicated bus and bike lanes, reduced availability of parking spots - all revenue generators).
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline Chapshnell

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 31, 2019, 09:53:54 AM »
Never heard about Vision Zero for any type of crime. It costs money rather than increasing revenue. The only vision zero they enact is revenue generating laws (reduced speed limits, dedicated bus and bike lanes, reduced availability of parking spots - all revenue generators).

Bill D. is desperately waiting for a white person to do a hate crime. Then you'll see a full blown press conference with "WERE GONNA DO BLAH BLAH BLAH to this white supremacist"
Has to fit the narrative

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile

Offline ltttc

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 31, 2019, 10:05:06 AM »
Rabbi Miller never published the book.  IIRC the intro says something along the lines that he felt it inappropriate to publish it when there were still so many survivors alive.
True. But he left a note telling (his kids?) to please publish it after his passing

Offline Yonah

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 31, 2019, 10:10:39 AM »
Arrested the very next day for another assault & walks free again. Insane!!!
... and another $50 in her pocket, a new pair of shoes, a new coat, a new phone, heck, she might even try to get arrested in april to get some mets tickets - https://nypost.com/2019/12/27/de-blasio-giving-freed-nyc-inmates-cellphones-metrocards-and-gift-cards/

This explains why many people are afraid to file a report. Absolutely crazy
https://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/ny-oped-discovering-huge-holes-in-discovery-reform-20190603-7dczo26lu5fc7e46wvny4chfyy-story.html

This BS is ridiculous. Someone can break into your home in middle of the night, assault or rape you, and then not only be given your personal information, but also be granted access to your home as part of their investigation?

I'd prevent them from coming in, and allow them to arrest me. I'd like to meet the judge that would put me in Jail for doing that!

Better yet, I'd just kill the perpetrator right then and there. I'd claim Insanity because having the burglar in my home again made me relive my nightmare and trigged my temporary insanity. Then I'd sue the Judge for causing mental distress.

Offline Chapshnell

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 31, 2019, 10:25:32 AM »
... and another $50 in her pocket, a new pair of shoes, a new coat, a new phone, heck, she might even try to get arrested in april to get some mets tickets - https://nypost.com/2019/12/27/de-blasio-giving-freed-nyc-inmates-cellphones-metrocards-and-gift-cards/

This BS is ridiculous. Someone can break into your home in middle of the night, assault or rape you, and then not only be given your personal information, but also be granted access to your home as part of their investigation?

I'd prevent them from coming in, and allow them to arrest me. I'd like to meet the judge that would put me in Jail for doing that!

Better yet, I'd just kill the perpetrator right then and there. I'd claim Insanity because having the burglar in my home again made me relive my nightmare and trigged my temporary insanity. Then I'd sue the Judge for causing mental distress.

Do you live in NY????

"I'd like to meet the judge that would put me in Jail for doing that!"

Its a kangaroo court in NY. These "judges" are made up of school rejects who were put in as judges under the name of equality. Its the same ethical court as in Sodom.

Offline Tomorrow

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 31, 2019, 11:04:58 AM »

Do you live in NY????

Its a kangaroo court in NY. These "judges" are made up of school rejects who were put in as judges under the name of equality. Its the same ethical court as in Sodom.

You can say that again!

My father works for the court system, every few months he gets a new boss of some ethnic minority, or some "identity" difference, who know nothing about their job title, but are simply being pushed from one high position to the next for the sake of "acceptance" & "inclusion".

My father has reached the highest position he can get, because anything above him is reserved for minorities & people with connections, and has absolutely nothing to do with qualifications.
Sorry if I ask so many questions, but life is short and there is so much to learn! Let's help each other be great!

Offline Yonah

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 31, 2019, 11:27:45 AM »
Do you live in NY????
Yes - state, not city.

To be fair, I've met quite a few judges who are fair and capable, and would scoff at these laws - > there is only one problem, they do not make the laws, they only interpret and enforce them. While some of them may be incompetent and/or agree with the legislation, it's the legislators that are the problem

Offline deltastubs

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 31, 2019, 12:33:10 PM »
RE weapon choice. Assuming he didn’t just happen to have that weapon lying around... Was probably more of a money issue then anything else. You could buy guns knives axes, you could buy pretty much anything at Walmart. But a machete at 5$ is way cheaper then any gun

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 31, 2019, 12:40:29 PM »
RE weapon choice. Assuming he didn’t just happen to have that weapon lying around... Was probably more of a money issue then anything else. You could buy guns knives axes, you could buy pretty much anything at Walmart. But a machete at 5$ is way cheaper then any gun
The best thing we have going for us in these tragedies is these criminals are not rational thinkers. I guess if they were they would never commit these senseless acts to begin with.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Online Something Fishy

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 44
    • View Profile
    • Kosher Horizons
Check out my site for epic kosher adventures: Kosher Horizons

Offline Yonah

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: December 31, 2019, 01:33:02 PM »
Cruel and unusual punishment?

Said the Indians fan....

Offline mendy from lakewood

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 26
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Premier 1K, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, National EE, Hertz Presidential.
« Reply #257 on: December 31, 2019, 01:50:14 PM »
"Respect is earned, Honesty is appreciated, Trust is gained, Loyalty is returned"

Offline ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #258 on: December 31, 2019, 01:58:48 PM »
http://chng.it/yxryrCSD

Many attacks have been happening on Jewish people in NYC/Ny and nothing is being done. The people who attack are seen as “unstable” and after a few hours are returned to the streets. Anti-semitism needs strong punishments! People need to know that this is not tolerated!

Two separate issues here:
1. Violent mentally-ill people should be kept off the street regardless of whether they attack Jews or others. Releasing them to menace and harm the public because they are mentally ill makes no sense.

2. The Al Sharpton's et al instigators should be dealt with (to the extent allowable by the constitution).
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 31, 2019, 02:32:07 PM »
http://chng.it/yxryrCSD
Our system lets out all criminals before they should. I guess you missed the presidents criminal reform push.