Author Topic: Iran's Top Terrorist Taken Out By The U.S.  (Read 98455 times)

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
Re: Iran's Top Terrorist Taken Out By The U.S.
« Reply #200 on: January 06, 2020, 06:49:52 PM »
Why can’t the party’s candidates simply admit Qasem Soleimani’s death makes Americans safer?
Maybe because they don't believe it?
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 06, 2020, 07:05:10 PM »
Is targeting cultural sites an international war crime?

Seems someone understands the law: "We will follow the laws of armed conflict," Esper told CNN Monday. When pressed if that meant not targeting Iranian cultural sites, Esper replied, "That's the laws of armed conflict."

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 06, 2020, 07:10:29 PM »

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 06, 2020, 10:04:17 PM »
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/khamenei-wants-to-put-irans-stamp-on-reprisal-for-us-killing-of-top-general/ar-BBYGcIB?ocid=spartanntp

"In the tense hours following the American killing of a top Iranian military commander, the country’s supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, made a rare appearance at a meeting of the government’s National Security Council to lay down the parameters for any retaliation. It must be a direct and proportional attack on American interests, he said, openly carried out by Iranian forces themselves, three Iranians familiar with the meeting said Monday."

Offline Proisrael

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG,Hilton,Club Carlson
« Reply #204 on: January 07, 2020, 02:11:25 AM »
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/khamenei-wants-to-put-irans-stamp-on-reprisal-for-us-killing-of-top-general/ar-BBYGcIB?ocid=spartanntp

"In the tense hours following the American killing of a top Iranian military commander, the country’s supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, made a rare appearance at a meeting of the government’s National Security Council to lay down the parameters for any retaliation. It must be a direct and proportional attack on American interests, he said, openly carried out by Iranian forces themselves, three Iranians familiar with the meeting said Monday."

I do not understand your basis for not supporting killing this guy. He probably is directly or indirectly responsible for more deaths of American troops then Osama ever was. He is the direct cause of terrorist organizations like Hezbollah and Hamas. Unfortunately there may be retaliation and we may be dragged into war (though I doubt troops would be used) but this guy deserved what he got at least as much as Osama.

You legit have TDS and it is clouding your judgement. Oh and about Bibi you have it completely wrong. He stood by Trump 100% when the story broke (I also read somewhere that the only world leader read into this was Bibi not even England).  He was only sending a message to Iran that Israel was not responsible for this particular bombing as we are not interested in defending missiles from Iran at the moment.

Offline Yammer

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 07, 2020, 02:44:27 AM »
Maybe because they don't believe it?
They can agree that him gone is a good thing, without agreeing on the method or timing.

Joe Leiberman is right. Everything is partisan.
Is targeting cultural sites an international war crime?

Seems someone understands the law: "We will follow the laws of armed conflict," Esper told CNN Monday. When pressed if that meant not targeting Iranian cultural sites, Esper replied, "That's the laws of armed conflict."
I think we both believe that he's saying that try and scare Iran.

This would be suicidal for them... Unless it's a Cyber attack, that causes chaos but not major damage ( or any casualties)

There is one thing that drives me crazy though... Is how media outlets can use the term  WWIII... The US vs Iran would cause the US pain but would leave Iran in shambles ( with their cultural sites intact )

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 07, 2020, 06:08:40 AM »
I do not understand your basis for not supporting killing this guy.
This is your problem. You can't understand anything but the way you see it. Any reasonable person might not agree but at least they understand. You and most here can not look at this objectively.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 07, 2020, 06:14:00 AM »
They can agree that him gone is a good thing, without agreeing on the method or timing.
The question was if it makes American safer.
I think we both believe that he's saying that try and scare Iran.
No this idiot was no respect for the rule of law.

Offline Proisrael

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 07, 2020, 06:26:37 AM »
This is your problem. You can't understand anything but the way you see it. Any reasonable person might not agree but at least they understand. You and most here can not look at this objectively.

So tell me objectively (not that you can be) why it was worse to kill this terrorist then OBL?

Online PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 07, 2020, 06:38:04 AM »
So tell me objectively (not that you can be) why it was worse to kill this terrorist then OBL?
Nobody is claiming it is morally worse. The issue is the repercussions may be more severe. You are totally ignoring that by shifting the argument to which is more justifiable.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline Proisrael

• View Profile
« Reply #210 on: January 07, 2020, 06:40:24 AM »
Nobody is claiming it is morally worse. The issue is the repercussions may be more severe. You are totally ignoring that by shifting the argument to which is more justifiable.

What repercussions can Iran do to the USA? They cant hit the USA with missiles. Leaving aside Israel..

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 07, 2020, 06:41:41 AM »
Many terrorist have been taken out by this and past presidents. This was a terrorist tied to a country and OBL was not. You need to way the consequences and the benefits of every action.

When the US took out Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi did you see me say this was not the right move? It was the right thing to do.

Do you understand why most of the world and probably at least half of the US thinks this was the wrong thing to do?

Online PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 07, 2020, 06:45:32 AM »
What repercussions can Iran do to the USA? They cant hit the USA with missiles. Leaving aside Israel..
Seriously?
They can hijack planes and fly them into US soil skyscrapers
They can attack the countless US personnel and assets in the region
They can attack key US allies like Israel and Saudi Arabia, hurting US interests
They can launch deadly cyber attacks against US soil 

Granted, I support this murder, but I am not blinded enough to not consider the counterargument
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline Proisrael

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 07, 2020, 06:50:31 AM »
Seriously?
They can hijack planes and fly them into US soil skyscrapers They wouldn't dare
They can attack the countless US personnel and assets in the region That is the risk with any combatant in that part of the world
They can attack key US allies like Israel and Saudi Arabia, hurting US interests The US consulted with Bibi first and they gave the ok
They can launch deadly cyber attacks against US soil You are a fool if you think they have not tried to in the past

Granted, I support this murder, but I am not blinded enough to not consider the counterargument

Israel has been killing Iranian soldiers for the better part of 2 years. Granted they were not on this caliber but do you really think Iran would not hit back if they could??? Listen at the end of the day time will tell if they hit back, but I am of the opinion that even if they hit back (which I do not believe will be in any way a big attack) it was worth it.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 07, 2020, 06:53:38 AM »
Listen at the end of the day time will tell if they hit back, but I am of the opinion that even if they hit back (which I do not believe will be in any way a big attack) it was worth it.
You could be right and no one is disagreeing with that. What I am asking is do you understand why some disagree with you?

Offline Proisrael

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 07, 2020, 06:56:48 AM »
You could be right and no one is disagreeing with that. What I am asking is do you understand why some disagree with you?

The part I do not understand is why we should be afraid of a possibility of repercussions for taking someone out that HAS killed and HAD plans to kill more. In talmud we have a saying ספק ובריא בריא עדיף. Which means when you have a possibility vs a guarantee the guarantee is better.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 07, 2020, 07:03:51 AM »
The part I do not understand is why we should be afraid of a possibility of repercussions for taking someone out that HAS killed and HAD plans to kill more. In talmud we have a saying ספק ובריא בריא עדיף. Which means when you have a possibility vs a guarantee the guarantee is better.
This isn't about being afraid. It is about what is best for the US. A legit question is does this make the US safer? To a lesser extent does this make our allies safer, especially Israel?

We are still left with the question, why now? So far the WH has not answered that.

Offline zagguru

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 07, 2020, 07:06:47 AM »
This isn't about being afraid. It is about what is best for the US. A legit question is does this make the US safer? To a lesser extent does this make our allies safer, especially Israel?

We are still left with the question, why now? So far the WH has not answered that.

If he was planning and plotting additional attacks, then it makes the US safer

Offline Proisrael

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 07, 2020, 07:07:24 AM »

I am curious would the question have been the same with Hitler? Why drag the US into a war they did not need?

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 07, 2020, 07:18:53 AM »
If he was planning and plotting additional attacks, then it makes the US safer
I believe he (Iran) has been and is now plotting attacks. The question is did killing him reduce that or accelerate it? Do you really believe these attacks will stop?

Also no one has addressed the reason for killing him now. We are told it was because on imminent attacks against the US. Trump loves releasing info, even classified info to stroke his ego. So where is the info to support his claim?