Author Topic: Iran's Top Terrorist Taken Out By The U.S.  (Read 99939 times)

Online yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
Re: Iran's Top Terrorist Taken Out By The U.S.
« Reply #680 on: January 14, 2020, 11:56:24 PM »
You just told me the leader of our great country is a "habitual liar". How can anyone have confidence he is doing what is right?
I didn't say to have confidence in Trump. Leave Trump out of the picture. It does not matter who is President. Killing an evil person is the right thing to do.

Offline Yammer

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: January 15, 2020, 12:59:49 AM »

Is this the same Ms Hasple?

The Trump administration’s nominee to be CIA director, Gina Haspel, personally supervised the torture of a CIA detainee in 2002 leading to at least three waterboard sessions, subsequently drafted the cable that ordered destruction of the videotape evidence of torture, and served as a senior CIA official while the Agency was lying to itself, Presidents George W. Bush and Barack Obama, the Congress, and the public about the effectiveness of torture in eliciting useful intelligence, according to declassified documents posted today by the National Security Archive at George Washington University.

Isn't that the one that had 6 Dems vote for her, at the confirmation hearing?

This idiots wants a resolution to support the protester's. He claims we need to let the protesters know the US stands with them. NO YOU IDIOT the US doesn't stand with those that want to kill us.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/01/13/kevin-mccarthy-to-introduce-resolution-in-support-of-iran-protesters/
How about the ones that refused to walk on the American and Israeli flags?

And while Pelosi, doesn't think that the protests have anything to do with Sulameni, does she agree that it has to do with the sanctions that are killing the Iranian economy?

I see military experts all over the place on this. Where are you getting most military experts thinks this makes us safer?

The poll about making us safer is not just along party lines. A 1/3 of R's said it made us less safe. Now you can say the poll is wrong but lets not spin the results.

Most Americans never heard about him before the strike...

I'm not debating now whether the strike was justified, simply pointing out why it's flawed.

Online CountValentine

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #682 on: January 15, 2020, 06:24:55 AM »
Isn't that the one that had 6 Dems vote for her, at the confirmation hearing?
So you completely avoid the question with a question. I will take that as a yes to my question.
As far as your question that had nothing to do with mine the answer would be yes. I believe some R's voted against her also.
How about the ones that refused to walk on the American and Israeli flags?
Then have a resolution for those few. Iran's actions have shown they hate America. If you somehow want to try and twist that into they are our friends, go right ahead. Maybe while you are at it try and twist that Palestine is Israel's friend? I am sure there are a few of them that refuse to walk on the American flag.
And while Pelosi, doesn't think that the protests have anything to do with Sulameni, does she agree that it has to do with the sanctions that are killing the Iranian economy?
You would have to ask her.
Most Americans never heard about him before the strike...
I'm not debating now whether the strike was justified, simply pointing out why it's flawed.
Unless they been living under a rock (or sheltered from the real world) they know who he is. A terrorist that is responsible for killing Americans. So what is flawed is your logic.
I will say I am confused about how many. It started at 600 and moved to thousands just like he was planning to attack one embassy then became four embassies.
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #683 on: January 15, 2020, 06:32:07 AM »
I didn't say to have confidence in Trump. Leave Trump out of the picture. It does not matter who is President. Killing an evil person is the right thing to do.
You said to trust the US and want to leave the person who is making the decisions for the US out of the picture? You are joking I hope.

So you are saying it is OK to kill every evil person?
I ask this before but no one answered. Why not take out the leader on Iran who gave him his orders?

What about killing Putin who is an evil person that is responsible for American deaths?

Offline RobsPoints

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: January 15, 2020, 06:51:52 AM »
They probably love us? ROFLMAO
I've got about 15 family members who have lived in Iran their entire lives and ya...they love us, they want to come here or London, they want to wear western fashion, makeup, listen to western music, build a business (mostly auto mechanics, don't ask me why) and would love nothing more than to drag the mullahs into the street and hang them. But they can't.  They don't have weapons and the mullahs do.  But that is just my assessment from 50 years of conversations with people that live there, so I guess I could be wrong.

Offline Boruch999

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: January 15, 2020, 07:04:41 AM »
Iran's actions have shown they hate America. If you somehow want to try and twist that into they are our friends, go right ahead. Maybe while you are at it try and twist that Palestine is Israel's friend? I am sure there are a few of them that refuse to walk on the American flag.

Are you really not able to understand that a majority or large minority of people living under a dictatorship may have views vastly different than that of their dictators'?

The Palestinians are not the Iranians and it just may be that most Palestinians agree with the anti-Israel rhetoric of the Palestinian leadership and the majority of Iranians do not agree with the anti-US an anti-Israel rhetoric of the Iranian leadership.

Offline gingyguy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 36
    • View Profile
  • Programs: I don't like to brag
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 08:33:41 AM by gingyguy »
May you slide down the banister of happiness & get many splinters of success up your career.

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #687 on: January 15, 2020, 10:10:07 AM »
I've got about 15 family members who have lived in Iran their entire lives and ya...they love us, they want to come here or London, they want to wear western fashion, makeup, listen to western music, build a business (mostly auto mechanics, don't ask me why) and would love nothing more than to drag the mullahs into the street and hang them. But they can't.  They don't have weapons and the mullahs do.  But that is just my assessment from 50 years of conversations with people that live there, so I guess I could be wrong.
Are you really not able to understand that a majority or large minority of people living under a dictatorship may have views vastly different than that of their dictators'?

The Palestinians are not the Iranians and it just may be that most Palestinians agree with the anti-Israel rhetoric of the Palestinian leadership and the majority of Iranians do not agree with the anti-US an anti-Israel rhetoric of the Iranian leadership.

They sound like an excellent candidate for regime change. Almost as good as Iraq. How is that working out?  :)

There is one thing this strike did do. It unified the hatred all Iranians have for the US.

Don't be so naive to think that hating a dictatorship means they love the US.

Online zh cohen

• View Profile
« Reply #688 on: January 15, 2020, 10:15:19 AM »
There is one thing this strike did do. It unified the hatred all Iranians have for the US.

Do you have evidence for this claim?

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #689 on: January 15, 2020, 10:21:24 AM »
Do you have evidence for this claim?
When I see millions marching in the street screaming death to America that is evidence to me.
Now do you have any evidence it didn't?

Online EliJelly

• View Profile
« Reply #690 on: January 15, 2020, 10:23:07 AM »
They sound like an excellent candidate for regime change. Almost as good as Iraq. How is that working out?  :)

Don't be so naive to think that hating a dictatorship means they love the US.
Iran is a total different story, Iran had a western like civilization just 40 years ago, the entire population was against the Shah but the radicals let the fight, replacing one dictatorship with another. It is known that millions of Iranians were bitterly upset with the outcome. Until today Iran is still a much more civilized country than Iraq and Libya, they have collages, industries etc and the country functions very well. So it's not a comparison to Iraq at all, they are Persians, a total different culture.

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #691 on: January 15, 2020, 10:27:42 AM »
Iran is a total different story, Iran had a western like civilization just 40 years ago, the entire population was against the Shah but the radicals let the fight, replacing one dictatorship with another. It is known that millions of Iranians were bitterly upset with the outcome. Until today Iran is still a much more civilized country than Iraq and Libya, they have collages, industries etc and the country functions very well. So it's not a comparison to Iraq at all, they are Persians, a total different culture.
I am sure they still have not forgot the US's part with the Shah. I guess our chances are with the younger Iranians.

Online aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #692 on: January 15, 2020, 10:29:19 AM »
When I see millions marching in the street screaming death to America that is evidence to me.
Now do you have any evidence it didn't?
30 seconds hate?
Feelings don't care about your facts

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #693 on: January 15, 2020, 10:30:53 AM »
How about Israel. Does the majority of Iran hate Israel? If they got a new leader you would all be OK with them getting the bomb?

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #694 on: January 15, 2020, 10:31:56 AM »

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #695 on: January 15, 2020, 10:34:01 AM »
30 year hate?
I guess you are not getting my reference (although it should have been 2 minutes hate)

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #696 on: January 15, 2020, 10:41:54 AM »
I guess you are not getting my reference (although it should have been 2 minutes hate)
Thought it was a play on "30 seconds of fame".

Offline Yammer

• View Profile
« Reply #697 on: January 15, 2020, 11:45:09 AM »
So you completely avoid the question with a question. I will take that as a yes to my question.
As far as your question that had nothing to do with mine the answer would be yes. I believe some R's voted against her also.Then have a resolution for those few. Iran's actions have shown they hate America. If you somehow want to try and twist that into they are our friends, go right ahead. Maybe while you are at it try and twist that Palestine is Israel's friend? I am sure there are a few of them that refuse to walk on the American flag.You would have to ask her.Unless they been living under a rock (or sheltered from the real world) they know who he is. A terrorist that is responsible for killing Americans. So what is flawed is your logic.
I will say I am confused about how many. It started at 600 and moved to thousands just like he was planning to attack one embassy then became four embassies.

As far as your question that had nothing to do with mine the answer would be yes. I believe some R's voted against her also.Then have a resolution for those few. Iran's actions have shown they hate America. If you somehow want to try and twist that into they are our friends, go right ahead. Maybe while you are at it try and twist that Palestine is Israel's friend? I am sure there are a few of them that refuse to walk on the American flag.You would have to ask her.Unless they been living under a rock (or sheltered from the real world) they know who he is. A terrorist that is responsible for killing Americans. So what is flawed is your logic.

1. I was pointing out that she couldn't have been that bad if 6 Democrats voted for her.

2. First off, my overall understanding always was that the US supports anyone around the world that's wants freedom. Whether it's in Syria, Libya, Egypt, North Korea, Hong Kong, or Iran. It doesn't mean that we need get involved militarily.

But I was simply pointing out, that in a country that's been indoctrinated with anti American propaganda for 40 years, to have ppl not step on an American flag is pretty significant, and perhaps worthy to show our support.

( Either way I think it's a play from Trump to show that he didn't just back down...and/or to show I Iran that if they attack us we can get involved in toppling the govt etc.

Lastly

3. It struck me as well, but I remember that a few articles ( if I remember correctly one was a NYT article ) stated that while most Americans haven't heard of Qassam etc, the military establishment etc..

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #698 on: January 15, 2020, 11:56:25 AM »
1. I was pointing out that she couldn't have been that bad if 6 Democrats voted for her.
How many D's or R's voted one way or the other does not determine what she did or didn't do. You can argue about EIT's but that doesn't change her participation.

Enhanced Interrogation Techniques
"Enhanced interrogation techniques" or "enhanced interrogation" is a euphemism for the U.S. government's program of systematic torture of detainees by the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA), and various components of the U.S. Armed Forces at black sites around the world, including Bagram, Guantanamo Bay, and Abu Ghraib, authorized by officials of the George W. Bush administration. Methods used included beating, binding in contorted stress positions, hooding, subjection to deafening noise, sleep disruption, sleep deprivation to the point of hallucination, deprivation of food, drink, and withholding medical care for wounds, as well as waterboarding, walling, sexual humiliation, subjection to extreme heat or extreme cold, and confinement in small coffin-like boxes. A Guantanamo inmate's drawings of some of these tortures, to which he himself was subjected, were published in The New York Times. Some of these techniques fall under the category known as "white torture." Several detainees endured medically unnecessary "rectal rehydration", "rectal fluid resuscitation", and "rectal feeding". In addition to brutalizing detainees, there were threats to their families such as threats to harm children, and threats to sexually abuse or to cut the throat of detainees' mothers.

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #699 on: January 15, 2020, 12:04:32 PM »
How many D's or R's voted one way or the other does not determine what she did or didn't do. You can argue about EIT's but that doesn't change her participation.

Enhanced Interrogation Techniques
"Enhanced interrogation techniques" or "enhanced interrogation" is a euphemism for the U.S. government's program of systematic torture of detainees by the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA), and various components of the U.S. Armed Forces at black sites around the world, including Bagram, Guantanamo Bay, and Abu Ghraib, authorized by officials of the George W. Bush administration. Methods used included beating, binding in contorted stress positions, hooding, subjection to deafening noise, sleep disruption, sleep deprivation to the point of hallucination, deprivation of food, drink, and withholding medical care for wounds, as well as waterboarding, walling, sexual humiliation, subjection to extreme heat or extreme cold, and confinement in small coffin-like boxes. A Guantanamo inmate's drawings of some of these tortures, to which he himself was subjected, were published in The New York Times. Some of these techniques fall under the category known as "white torture." Several detainees endured medically unnecessary "rectal rehydration", "rectal fluid resuscitation", and "rectal feeding". In addition to brutalizing detainees, there were threats to their families such as threats to harm children, and threats to sexually abuse or to cut the throat of detainees' mothers.
This sounds like an opinion piece.