Author Topic: Iran's Top Terrorist Taken Out By The U.S.  (Read 30051 times)

Offline EliJelly

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Iran's Top Terrorist Taken Out By The U.S.
« Reply #690 on: January 15, 2020, 10:23:07 AM »
They sound like an excellent candidate for regime change. Almost as good as Iraq. How is that working out?  :)

There is one thing this strike did do. It unified the hatred all Iranians have for the US.

Don't be so naive to think that hating a dictatorship means they love the US.
Iran is a total different story, Iran had a western like civilization just 40 years ago, the entire population was against the Shah but the radicals let the fight, replacing one dictatorship with another. It is known that millions of Iranians were bitterly upset with the outcome. Until today Iran is still a much more civilized country than Iraq and Libya, they have collages, industries etc and the country functions very well. So it's not a comparison to Iraq at all, they are Persians, a total different culture.

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #691 on: January 15, 2020, 10:27:42 AM »
Iran is a total different story, Iran had a western like civilization just 40 years ago, the entire population was against the Shah but the radicals let the fight, replacing one dictatorship with another. It is known that millions of Iranians were bitterly upset with the outcome. Until today Iran is still a much more civilized country than Iraq and Libya, they have collages, industries etc and the country functions very well. So it's not a comparison to Iraq at all, they are Persians, a total different culture.
I am sure they still have not forgot the US's part with the Shah. I guess our chances are with the younger Iranians.
You're so far up Trump's a** you can see Giuliani's feet.  HT Baruch

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #692 on: January 15, 2020, 10:29:19 AM »
When I see millions marching in the street screaming death to America that is evidence to me.
Now do you have any evidence it didn't?
30 seconds hate?
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #693 on: January 15, 2020, 10:30:53 AM »
How about Israel. Does the majority of Iran hate Israel? If they got a new leader you would all be OK with them getting the bomb?

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #694 on: January 15, 2020, 10:31:56 AM »

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #695 on: January 15, 2020, 10:34:01 AM »
30 year hate?
I guess you are not getting my reference (although it should have been 2 minutes hate)

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #696 on: January 15, 2020, 10:41:54 AM »
I guess you are not getting my reference (although it should have been 2 minutes hate)
Thought it was a play on "30 seconds of fame".

Offline Yammer

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: January 15, 2020, 11:45:09 AM »
So you completely avoid the question with a question. I will take that as a yes to my question.
As far as your question that had nothing to do with mine the answer would be yes. I believe some R's voted against her also.Then have a resolution for those few. Iran's actions have shown they hate America. If you somehow want to try and twist that into they are our friends, go right ahead. Maybe while you are at it try and twist that Palestine is Israel's friend? I am sure there are a few of them that refuse to walk on the American flag.You would have to ask her.Unless they been living under a rock (or sheltered from the real world) they know who he is. A terrorist that is responsible for killing Americans. So what is flawed is your logic.
I will say I am confused about how many. It started at 600 and moved to thousands just like he was planning to attack one embassy then became four embassies.

So you completely avoid the question with a question. I will take that as a yes to my question.
As far as your question that had nothing to do with mine the answer would be yes. I believe some R's voted against her also.Then have a resolution for those few. Iran's actions have shown they hate America. If you somehow want to try and twist that into they are our friends, go right ahead. Maybe while you are at it try and twist that Palestine is Israel's friend? I am sure there are a few of them that refuse to walk on the American flag.You would have to ask her.Unless they been living under a rock (or sheltered from the real world) they know who he is. A terrorist that is responsible for killing Americans. So what is flawed is your logic.
I will say I am confused about how many. It started at 600 and moved to thousands just like he was planning to attack one embassy then became four embassies.

1. I was pointing out that she couldn't have been that bad if 6 Democrats voted for her.

2. First off, my overall understanding always was that the US supports anyone around the world that's wants freedom. Whether it's in Syria, Libya, Egypt, North Korea, Hong Kong, or Iran. It doesn't mean that we need get involved militarily.

But I was simply pointing out, that in a country that's been indoctrinated with anti American propaganda for 40 years, to have ppl not step on an American flag is pretty significant, and perhaps worthy to show our support.

( Either way I think it's a play from Trump to show that he didn't just back down...and/or to show I Iran that if they attack us we can get involved in toppling the govt etc.

Lastly

3. It struck me as well, but I remember that a few articles ( if I remember correctly one was a NYT article ) stated that while most Americans haven't heard of Qassam etc, the military establishment etc..

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #698 on: January 15, 2020, 11:56:25 AM »
1. I was pointing out that she couldn't have been that bad if 6 Democrats voted for her.
How many D's or R's voted one way or the other does not determine what she did or didn't do. You can argue about EIT's but that doesn't change her participation.

Enhanced Interrogation Techniques
"Enhanced interrogation techniques" or "enhanced interrogation" is a euphemism for the U.S. government's program of systematic torture of detainees by the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA), and various components of the U.S. Armed Forces at black sites around the world, including Bagram, Guantanamo Bay, and Abu Ghraib, authorized by officials of the George W. Bush administration. Methods used included beating, binding in contorted stress positions, hooding, subjection to deafening noise, sleep disruption, sleep deprivation to the point of hallucination, deprivation of food, drink, and withholding medical care for wounds, as well as waterboarding, walling, sexual humiliation, subjection to extreme heat or extreme cold, and confinement in small coffin-like boxes. A Guantanamo inmate's drawings of some of these tortures, to which he himself was subjected, were published in The New York Times. Some of these techniques fall under the category known as "white torture." Several detainees endured medically unnecessary "rectal rehydration", "rectal fluid resuscitation", and "rectal feeding". In addition to brutalizing detainees, there were threats to their families such as threats to harm children, and threats to sexually abuse or to cut the throat of detainees' mothers.

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #699 on: January 15, 2020, 12:04:32 PM »
How many D's or R's voted one way or the other does not determine what she did or didn't do. You can argue about EIT's but that doesn't change her participation.

Enhanced Interrogation Techniques
"Enhanced interrogation techniques" or "enhanced interrogation" is a euphemism for the U.S. government's program of systematic torture of detainees by the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA), and various components of the U.S. Armed Forces at black sites around the world, including Bagram, Guantanamo Bay, and Abu Ghraib, authorized by officials of the George W. Bush administration. Methods used included beating, binding in contorted stress positions, hooding, subjection to deafening noise, sleep disruption, sleep deprivation to the point of hallucination, deprivation of food, drink, and withholding medical care for wounds, as well as waterboarding, walling, sexual humiliation, subjection to extreme heat or extreme cold, and confinement in small coffin-like boxes. A Guantanamo inmate's drawings of some of these tortures, to which he himself was subjected, were published in The New York Times. Some of these techniques fall under the category known as "white torture." Several detainees endured medically unnecessary "rectal rehydration", "rectal fluid resuscitation", and "rectal feeding". In addition to brutalizing detainees, there were threats to their families such as threats to harm children, and threats to sexually abuse or to cut the throat of detainees' mothers.
This sounds like an opinion piece.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #700 on: January 15, 2020, 12:11:28 PM »
This sounds like an opinion piece.
The opinion would be if you consider it torture. The EIT used are well documented and undisputable. Plenty of documents released with more info being unclassified. Documentaries also made about it. Simple Google search will bring them up for anyone to come to their own conclusion. 

A couple things about EIT. They are now banned and our great American War Hero John McCain called EIT torture.

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #701 on: January 15, 2020, 12:20:01 PM »
The opinion would be if you consider it torture. The EIT used are well documented and undisputable. Plenty of documents released with more info being unclassified. Documentaries also made about it. Simple Google search will bring them up for anyone to come to their own conclusion. 

A couple things about EIT. They are now banned and our great American War Hero John McCain called EIT torture.
That she participated in what was US policy at the time does not really tell us much. That they are banned means nothing. Policies often change with a change of administrations. McCain was a war hero but that doesn't mean that every word he says is the word of G-d.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #702 on: January 15, 2020, 12:27:40 PM »
That she participated in what was US policy at the time does not really tell us much. That they are banned means nothing. Policies often change with a change of administrations. McCain was a war hero but that doesn't mean that every word he says is the word of G-d.
Spin it anyway you want but it doesn't change the fact what I post was accurate. My original question was this the same person. The answer is YES.

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #703 on: January 15, 2020, 12:38:00 PM »
Spin it anyway you want but it doesn't change the fact what I post was accurate. My original question was this the same person. The answer is YES.
Okay therefore what?

Offline chinagel

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: January 15, 2020, 12:44:53 PM »
Spin it anyway you want but it doesn't change the fact what I post was accurate. My original accusation was this the same person. The answer is YES.
FTFY