Author Topic: Citi Holiday Sweepstakes  (Read 5832 times)

Offline good sam

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
Citi Holiday Sweepstakes
« on: November 15, 2011, 05:37:26 PM »
Register your Citi card to win a prepaid gift card ($10-$10,000).  Every purchase gets another entry.
https://www.sweepstakes.stories.citi.com/
If you don't care why would you comment?
HT: DMYD

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
Re: Citi Holiday Sweepstakes
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 05:53:37 PM »
Register your Citi card to win a prepaid gift card ($10-$10,000).  Every purchase gets another entry.
https://www.sweepstakes.stories.citi.com/

From the offer T&Cs:

ARV for each Entry Period is $61, 750.   Each Prize, as listed above, will be awarded in the form of a Citi Prepaid Card.  Citi Prepaid Cards are subject to all standard terms and conditions imposed by Citibank, N.A.  A total of   21,861 prizes will be available in this Sweepstakes, with a total ARV for all Entry Periods of $555,750.  All federal, state and local income taxes, and any other costs, fees and expenses associated with prize receipt and/or use not specified herein as being provided are the sole responsibility of the winner.  Limit one prize per person for Prize Letters A . B for the duration of the Promotion Period.  If a prize winner is 18 years of age but considered a minor in his/her state of residence, the prize may be awarded on the winner.s behalf to his/her parent or legal guardian. By participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to accept any prize that may be awarded to them in the manner set forth herein. Prizes are not redeemable for cash and prizes cannot be substituted.  Winner will be issued an IRS 1099 form for prize valued over $600 in January 2013.

If you win the 10k GC you'll have to pay the IRS whatever your tax rate is in case (or pay a extra ~2% to OfficialPayments for processing your payment with the giftcard...)

I'm not saying it's not worth it or anything, just giving a heads up.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 06:04:23 PM »
From the offer T&Cs:

If you win the 10k GC you'll have to pay the IRS whatever your tax rate is in case (or pay a extra ~2% to OfficialPayments for processing your payment with the giftcard...)

I'm not saying it's not worth it or anything, just giving a heads up.
Less of a worry when the prize is cash (or cash equivalent) instead of an over-inflated prize.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 06:04:37 PM »
Less of a worry when the prize is cash (or cash equivalent) instead of an over-inflated prize.

Agreed.

Offline Red

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2011, 07:10:24 AM »
It's not letting me register my cards. I keep getting an error telling me to reenter my info. Anyone else having this issue?

Offline YG

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2011, 07:31:39 AM »
i did, i called and went around in circles with someone that doesnt speak english a hundred times before realising they didnt know what the sweepstakes is bichlal.

my card is too new - brand new in fact.  there is a date that the card has to have been around before - i never noticed it in the T&C i think she may have say oct 23

Offline Red

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2011, 07:34:38 AM »
i did, i called and went around in circles with someone that doesnt speak english a hundred times before realising they didnt know what the sweepstakes is bichlal.

my card is too new - brand new in fact.  there is a date that the card has to have been around before - i never noticed it in the T&C i think she may have say oct 23
That would make sense, my cards are new too. I sent a SM we'll see what they come up with.
Thanx

Offline Red

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2011, 03:20:05 PM »
Well the first reply I got was that my cards weren't activated (they were the day before), so I had them activate them again. Next try brought the same results, another SM and this time the reply was:

We apologize for any inconvenience this experience may have caused you.

We apologize for the difficulties you've experienced while trying to enter the sweepstakes. Our programmers are working on the issue you reported and we expect to have it resolved soon. Your patience is appreciated.

You can mail your entries to:
2011 Holiday Sweepstakes
PO Box 834
Lombard, IL
60148-08934

This is from their official rules:

1.  ELIGIBILITY.  The 2011 Citi® Holiday Sweepstakes, (.The Sweepstakes.) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and D.C. who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry and as of October 27, 2011, have a Citi-branded credit card...

It seems to be what they told you is right there in the rules. I still haven't been told this yet by a rep. so I'm going to try to milk it for what it's worth and hopefully come out with some bonus miles. I will update if there is any.

Offline good sam

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2011, 11:47:35 AM »

Citi customer service is horrendous.

Offline Red

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2011, 12:21:35 PM »
Citi customer service is horrendous.
My craziest ever cs fiasco was with citi. I wouldn't even believe it if someone posted it here. Instead of transferring me to whichever department i needed to speak with i got transferred to a phone sex hotline. I did get a few thousand aa miles out of it, but i'm still astonished that it happened.

Offline good sam

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2011, 12:42:55 PM »
no way

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2011, 08:24:04 PM »
My craziest ever cs fiasco was with citi. I wouldn't even believe it if someone posted it here. Instead of transferring me to whichever department i needed to speak with i got transferred to a phone sex hotline. I did get a few thousand aa miles out of it, but i'm still astonished that it happened.

Someone probably confused one of the toll free prefixes (800, 888, 877, 866 and now 855) with another, when manually transferring you to a different number.

Offline elikay

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2011, 12:06:44 AM »
Someone probably confused one of the toll free prefixes (800, 888, 877, 866 and now 855) with another, when manually transferring you to a different number.
sometimes they take numbers which were discontinued as well.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2011, 12:07:56 AM »
sometimes they take numbers which were discontinued as well.

Or similarities to common numbers, like I'm really going to be interested in their service when I mistakenly dialed my bank ::)

Offline Red

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2011, 02:12:32 AM »
It could be any of the above. It could also be a disgruntled employee who was taking the "waiter sprinkles dandruff or worse in your food" to the next level. Whatever it was it took me so much by surprise that I had the phone on speakerphone and just sat there for like a minute, me looking at my wife and she looking back at me. Then I hung up and as a good ddfer, called right back to see what I can get out of them.