Topic Wiki

DashPass for Chase cardmembers

What DashPass benefits do I get as a Chase cardmember?

DoorDash customers are eligible for exclusive DashPass benefits when adding an eligible Chase credit card to their account. The specific benefits depend upon which Chase credit card is added to your account. Benefits only apply when using your eligible Chase credit card to pay for your DoorDash order.

Benefits for Chase Sapphire Reserve and J.P.Morgan Reserve cardmembers

Free DashPass benefits on eligible orders for at least 12 months (and a maximum of 24 months) after activation.

Benefits for Chase Sapphire Preferred cardmembers

Free DashPass benefits on eligible orders for at least 12 months (and a maximum of 24 months) after activation.

Benefits for Chase Freedom and Slate cardmembers

Free DashPass benefits on eligible orders for 3 months after activation, when the primary cardmember or an authorized user activates the benefit.

After the first 3 months, the user will be auto-enrolled for the next 9 months in DashPass with a 50% discount applied to the then current membership rate.

After the first 12 months, the user will be auto-enrolled into full price membership at the then current rate.

What makes an order eligible for DashPass benefits?

Orders placed with DashPass eligible restaurants, indicated by the blue checkmark, totaling to $12.00 or more will qualify for the DashPass benefits of $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees.

What happens if I remove my Chase credit card from my account?

Exclusive DashPass benefits are available when using your Chase credit card as the default payment method with your activated DashPass subscription. You won’t be able to access exclusive DashPass benefits if you remove your eligible Chase credit card as your default payment method.

Why don’t I see the Chase offer in the DoorDash mobile app?

Here are the two reasons you may not be seeing the Chase offer:

Payments through third-party wallets like Google Pay and Apple Pay are not eligible for the free subscription.  Check to make sure you have entered your eligible Chase credit card information in the DoorDash wallet.

You may need to update your credit card information in the DoorDash app. Within the DoorDash app, tap on the Account icon and navigate to Add a Card to re-enter your card number, expiration date, CVV and zip code. After you save your card information, the promotional offer should appear. 

If you still don’t see the promotional offer, please call the number on the back of your Chase credit card for assistance.

Please note, if you have a Chase Freedom or Chase Slate credit card, the exclusive DashPass benefit is only available to one cardmember per credit card account.  If another cardmember on your credit card account has already activated the discounted subscription, you will not see the offer in the DoorDash app. If the activated user un-enrolls in the subscription the primary cardmember may then activate the subscription. Note, the expiration date will be based on the first activation date.

What happens if I add another eligible Chase card to my DoorDash wallet?

DoorDash benefits are tied to the Chase card that is the default payment for your order. For example, if you add a Chase Freedom card and then add a Chase Sapphire card as your default, you’ll receive the benefits for Chase Sapphire cardmembers immediately upon activation.

How is the expiration date of my Chase benefit determined?

Subscription period for all users on a Chase account will begin and end based on when the first cardmember activates the subscription on the DoorDash mobile app.

What happens if I activated my free DashPass with my eligible Chase card then upgrade or downgrade to another eligible Chase card?

You will be unenrolled from your existing DashPass subscription and notified by DoorDash to update your payment information in your DoorDash wallet with your new Chase card payment information. Once your new card is added to DoorDash you will be prompted to enroll in the benefit offer specific to your eligible Chase product. If the subscription benefit is different for your new product, your subscription will reset including a new activation and expiration date. If the subscription benefit is the same, your subscription will not reset and your expiration date will remain the same.

What happens if I pay for an order with an ineligible payment method?

While you’re free to use the payment method of your choice, exclusive DashPass benefits will only apply when using an eligible Chase credit card as the default payment method. You’ll pay the full delivery fee on an order from a DashPass restaurant if you pay with an ineligible payment method.

To take advantage of your exclusive DashPass benefits, make sure you activate the DashPass subscription and pay for your order using an eligible Chase credit card and select a DashPass eligible merchant.

What happens if I pay for a DashPass membership?

Upon activation of your Chase DashPass membership your existing membership will be replaced and you will no longer be charged for your DashPass membership. In order to take advantage of the DashPass benefits, you will need to use your eligible Chase credit card as your default payment method.
« Last edited by Joel on January 07, 2020, 05:45:16 AM »

Author Topic: Chase Complimentary DashPass  (Read 11330 times)

Offline Joel

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 76
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hertz PC, Enterprise Platinum, Avis PC
Chase Complimentary DashPass
« on: January 07, 2020, 05:03:09 AM »

Slate         https://www.doordash.com/dashpass-v2/chase/slate   Free DashPass for the first 3 months

Freedom & Freedom Unlimited    https://www.doordash.com/dashpass-v2/chase/freedom    Free DashPass for the first 3 months

Sapphire Preferred  https://www.doordash.com/dashpass-v2/chase/preferred  Free DashPass for up to 2 years

Sapphire Reserve  https://www.doordash.com/dashpass-v2/chase/sapphire-reserve  Free DashPass for up to 2 years

F&Q    https://help.doordash.com/consumers/s/article/Chase-Partnership 
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 05:38:02 AM by Joel2 »

Offline Joel

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hertz PC, Enterprise Platinum, Avis PC
Re: Chase Complimentary DashPass
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2020, 06:44:59 AM »
Now i can see chase will increase the AF on both cards
Preferred to $150-195
Reserve to $550
anyone else feel the same?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2020, 08:36:42 AM »
Now i can see chase will increase the AF on both cards
Preferred to $150-195
Reserve to $550
anyone else feel the same?
Where do you see this?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Geshmak25

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2020, 08:40:36 AM »
Where do you see this?
His opinion
PUTPAC = PITA

Offline Joel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2020, 08:41:52 AM »
Where do you see this?
Sorry for my incorrect English .
I'm saying I can understand (see) why chase will increase the AF.
There has also been reports of $550 AF on the CSR. (On the leaked links)

Edit: added more info
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 08:47:05 AM by Joel2 »

Offline mmgfarb

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2020, 08:54:26 AM »
His opinion
It was a rumor reported on DoC a little bit ago.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline stooges44

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 269
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2020, 09:47:27 AM »
DDMS title as well as this one is misleading. It's more like an extended "free trial", not "free" as I had thought when I excitedly clicked the link.
If it's not free shipping it's not worth it.

Offline Sam Finkelstein

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2020, 09:55:49 AM »
Tells me it expires December 31, 2021. Setting a reminder to cancel on that date...

Still nice to have but I don't really use DoorDash a whole lot.
Formula for success: rise early, work hard, strike oil. –J. Paul Getty

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2020, 09:57:13 AM »
DDMS title as well as this one is misleading. It's more like an extended "free trial", not "free" as I had thought when I excitedly clicked the link.
Is 2 years a trial?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline stooges44

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2020, 10:03:14 AM »
Is 2 years a trial?

I don't have Sapphire

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2020, 10:11:35 AM »
I don't have Sapphire
Banned  ;D
But really, how do you play this game without a Sapphire card in the family?

Offline stooges44

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2020, 11:08:14 AM »
Banned  ;D
But really, how do you play this game without a Sapphire card in the family?

I think the user base of DDF falls into 2 categories. 1 - airline/flying/miles junkies 2- deal junkies (aka cheap)

Neither one is mutually exclusive.

I'm very much part of the 2nd group and joined DDF solely because of the 2nd group (interest in a cheap flight to Israel does not necessarily mean I like flying or miles in general) and since being here is a guarantee that you will be inundated with tons of info from the first group I'm slowly learning and absorbing more and more.

Given my allegiance to group 2, every card which has any sort of annual fee regardless of the perks takes a great big leap out of my comfort zone so at this point I have a few AMEX cards probably because I had the chase freedom card long before I ever knew of DDF and I never had an amex card so one day I decided to take the leap and open a blue cash card, since then I've opened a few more amex cards but I have not yet ventured into the world of chase.

Finally, I will say this, after all this time I still have not graduated from miles 101 despite all the reading, reading, and more reading. Maybe if I had a tutor  ;) I would be able to understand (not just see) the benefits of the "Chase Quinfecta earnings machine".

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2020, 11:28:57 AM »
I think the user base of DDF falls into 2 categories. 1 - airline/flying/miles junkies 2- deal junkies (aka cheap)

I'm very much part of the 2nd group and joined DDF solely because of the 2nd group (interest in a cheap flight to Israel does not necessarily mean I like flying or miles in general) and since being here is a guarantee that you will be inundated with tons of info from the first group I'm slowly learning and absorbing more and more.

Given my allegiance to group 2, every card which has any sort of annual fee regardless of the perks takes a great big leap out of my comfort zone so at this point I have a few AMEX cards probably because I had the chase freedom card long before I ever knew of DDF and I never had an amex card so one day I decided to take the leap and open a blue cash card, since then I've opened a few more amex cards but I have not yet ventured into the world of chase.

Finally, I will say this, after all this time I still have not graduated from miles 101 despite all the reading, reading, and more reading. Maybe if I had a tutor  ;) I would be able to understand (not just see) the benefits of the "Chase Quinfecta earnings machine".
Need to spend money to make money. DDF is the tutor. I just can't imagine not taking advantage of abundant low hanging fruit just because of a $95 fee.

Offline Joel

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2020, 11:34:34 AM »

Not everyone is cut out for the credit card game. No matter how many times I explained it to certain family members and friends, they will never understand.
Paying annual fees has to be justified and you have to learn how to maximize each cards benefits.

Offline Joel

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2020, 02:20:33 PM »
Where do you see this?
Annual fee on CSR is increasing to 550 on April 1. Some lyft and doordash benefits being added

Seen a memo in branch. Existing renewals april 1 onwards and new applications meant to be asap(though some confusing language about it kicking in on jan 12 for new applicants

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase-sapphire-reserve-cardholders-being-offered-two-years-or-doordash-dashpass-normally-9-99-a-month-for-free/#comment-867175

Offline shapsam

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2020, 03:46:18 PM »
Offer not popping up after adding my CSR. Anyone else?

Offline Joel

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2020, 04:05:32 PM »
I was trying to see the difference in price with the pass.
Looks like you must actually use at checkout the card the free pass is associated with. I had another amex on the account it didn't give me the pass discount saying i need to select the chase card for the pass to work.

Offline db23

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: hilton diamond,bonvoy gold, hertz president circle
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2020, 04:55:47 PM »
did the steps and telling me i can get 1 month free. i have a csr

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2020, 05:50:12 PM »

Even after all this if you're not spending or don't have where to spend on, then yes this is kind of a waste.
  Everything makes sense in a situation where you're spending and a reason to have x amount of cards.
    So the chase game works for those that have the need to spend and would enable them to earn the most possible, vs doing the same spending and receiving little but nothing.
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline Meno

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2020, 12:14:18 PM »
I added my Sapphire Preferred card but I see nothing about this promotion.

Anyone know how to get it to work?