Author Topic: 95% off ripleys in Times Square  (Read 19614 times)

Offline Moshe123

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Lost
Re: 95% off ripleys in Times Square
« Reply #80 on: January 09, 2020, 11:19:22 AM »
Site is working now, but discount with the coupon is minimal. Dead or doing something wrong?

Offline as2

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 09, 2020, 11:21:27 AM »
Error page for me
Memories last forever, make them while you can.

Offline Mootkim

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 09, 2020, 02:51:48 PM »
Easily. Better go first thing tomorrow if you want a shot.
Everyone check your spam emails because it looks like they cancelled everything. However, they are offering one free ticket as compensation...

"Believe it or Not! Ripley’s Times Square has experienced an internal technical error that caused tickets to our attraction to show incorrect pricing.

We have worked quickly to resolve the issue and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused our customers. You are receiving this e-mail as you purchased tickets during this issue and we are notifying you that your order(s) have been cancelled.

To make up for any inconvenience, we are offering you one (1) free ticket to Ripley’s Believe it or Not! Times Square (this location only) that will be valid through March 9, 2020. To complete this offer, please email us at Fun@ripleysny.com. A confirmation number for your free ticket will be emailed to you within 72 hours. To redeem the tickets, please provide the confirmation number to one of our guest agents at our ticket counter.

We appreciate your understanding and hope to see you at our attraction soon."

Offline mringelheim

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 09, 2020, 02:55:59 PM »
I bought 8 Adult tickets and 4 kids tickets- not going to be able to use within 60 days. Will sell for 100 obo

Online Joel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 76
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hertz PC, Enterprise Platinum, Avis PC
« Reply #84 on: January 09, 2020, 03:05:33 PM »
Everyone check your spam emails because it looks like they cancelled everything. However, they are offering one free ticket as compensation...

"Believe it or Not! Ripley’s Times Square has experienced an internal technical error that caused tickets to our attraction to show incorrect pricing.

We have worked quickly to resolve the issue and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused our customers. You are receiving this e-mail as you purchased tickets during this issue and we are notifying you that your order(s) have been cancelled.

To make up for any inconvenience, we are offering you one (1) free ticket to Ripley’s Believe it or Not! Times Square (this location only) that will be valid through March 9, 2020. To complete this offer, please email us at Fun@ripleysny.com. A confirmation number for your free ticket will be emailed to you within 72 hours. To redeem the tickets, please provide the confirmation number to one of our guest agents at our ticket counter.

I wonder if they can know which tickets where paid or got for free.
Only way to find out if someone actually tries to use the free tickets..

Offline Pesach

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 09, 2020, 03:11:07 PM »

they have a way to cancel the barcodes in the pdf files? or are they bluffing? are the names on the  tickets transferable   ? because I made up names during the checkout due to  the data breach and the names are displayed on each ticket

Offline Mootkim

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 09, 2020, 03:21:01 PM »
I wonder if they can know which tickets where paid or got for free.
Only way to find out if someone actually tries to use the free tickets..
TARB

Online Joel

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hertz PC, Enterprise Platinum, Avis PC
« Reply #87 on: January 09, 2020, 03:24:47 PM »

Offline as2

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 09, 2020, 03:27:08 PM »

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #89 on: January 09, 2020, 03:34:35 PM »
they have a way to cancel the barcodes in the pdf files? or are they bluffing? are the names on the  tickets transferable   ? because I made up names during the checkout due to  the data breach and the names are displayed on each ticket
Of course they do. Easy peasy.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Essen est zich

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 31
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Nichoach Vol 2
« Reply #90 on: January 09, 2020, 03:58:55 PM »

You probably could even edit the page with the barcode and change your name to whatever you want. The only question is if those tickets still work.
Shloffen Shloft Zich

Offline as2

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 09, 2020, 04:02:59 PM »
Cancellations have begun...

Online Joel

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 09, 2020, 05:01:21 PM »
2 DPs on two separate forums showing the tickets worked today and didn't check ID.

Offline LoLo

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 09, 2020, 05:17:59 PM »
Surprised people think it'd be a hard thing to cancel all tickets purchased with the promo code etc. C'mon, it's 2020.

Offline sammy n

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 09, 2020, 05:42:39 PM »
Surprised people think it'd be a hard thing to cancel all tickets purchased with the promo code etc. C'mon, it's 2020.
Of course. The same way they gave out everyones information when the glitch was going on last night!

Online Joel

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 09, 2020, 05:48:28 PM »
Any tech guys here who can confirm the tickets can be canceled after its issued?

Offline Essen est zich

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 31
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Nichoach Vol 2
« Reply #96 on: January 09, 2020, 05:52:11 PM »
Also is there any difference between a ticket purchase with PayPal without the promo code? And is there a difference with one that was completely free?
Shloffen Shloft Zich

Offline nynick12

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 09, 2020, 06:51:43 PM »
Hi everyone!!

I was actually the one who found this deal,
I was in times square yesterday and my hotel gave me 1 free ticket as part of tier destination fee, so I was looking for discounts so that I could buy another ticket for cheap (groupon cant be used the same day)

I stumbled upon this by mistake when i was scrolling thru pages
I left my computer for a few min, and then there was a popup with a $2 off code
i checked out without issue

I didnt believe it will work and probably wouldnt even have tried if i would of had to enter my CC info,
but since i didnt have to enter my cc info and riplys was 1 block away from my hotel, I didnt have anything to loose

I went there, they scanned my ticket and nicely opened the gate for me without any issue

Only after I got back to the hotel I sent it around to a few friends of mine and to statuses that I enjoy (like naftali status) and to Dans Deals thru Instagram
so that other yiden could enjoy it as well

I used it yesterday around 7PM, I dont know if they have a way to cancel or not, but by me they didnt ask me or look at anything, they just scanned and let me in.

I hope some of you were able to get it!

Attached is proof that it was me, as you can see that I got it 7:26 PM way before there was any mention anywhere

Offline coffeebean

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 10, 2020, 06:31:28 AM »
Hi everyone!!

I was in times square yesterday and my hotel gave me 1 free ticket as part of tier destination fee, so I was looking for discounts so that I could buy another ticket for cheap (groupon cant be used the same day)

I didnt believe it will work and probably wouldnt even have tried if i would of had to enter my CC info,
but since i didnt have to enter my cc info and riplys was 1 block away from my hotel, I didnt have anything to loose

I went there, they scanned my ticket and nicely opened the gate for me without any issue

Only after I got back to the hotel I sent it around to a few friends of mine and to statuses that I enjoy (like naftali status) and to Dans Deals thru Instagram

I used it yesterday around 7PM, I dont know if they have a way to cancel or not, but by me they didnt ask me or look at anything, they just scanned and let me in.

Attached is proof that it was me, as you can see that I got it 7:26 PM way before there was any mention anywhere
Welcome to DDF!

Offline justmeha

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 10, 2020, 09:54:45 AM »
Hi everyone!!

i think this might be a record for post to like ratio 1/3