Author Topic: Parking Lot Accident  (Read 29585 times)

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
Re: Parking Lot Accident
« Reply #100 on: January 08, 2020, 05:18:06 PM »
Probably did.

Update?
Surprisingly I just got a call from her today.

I'm going to assume she had music on and didn't hear. Doesn't make sense to me otherwise.
what's the over-under on whether she'll make contact? Anybody taking bets?
Or even if she didn't have music on and actually heard it happening, she might have had no clue what that sound was.

She claimed she just found the paper with my phone number written on it, and had no clue that she ever scraped someone's car.
 So I mentioned to her if she remembers when pulling into the TD Bank parking lot did you hear any scratches or noises when turning in?
  After 30 seconds she's like oh yes I do remember, but when I left my vehicle I was staring at the driver in that car and he didn't say anything so I assumed I did nothing, I even looked back and saw no damage to my car so I said it must have been nothing.
    But just finding this paper now so calling to see what it was all about.
    Who knows, but impressed that she actually called!
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline Joel

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 76
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hertz PC, Enterprise Platinum, Avis PC
« Reply #101 on: January 08, 2020, 05:24:49 PM »
Surprisingly I just got a call from her today.

She claimed she just found the paper with my phone number written on it, and had no clue that she ever scraped someone's car.
 So I mentioned to her if she remembers when pulling into the TD Bank parking lot did you hear any scratches or noises when turning in?
  After 30 seconds she's like oh yes I do remember, but when I left my vehicle I was staring at the driver in that car and he didn't say anything so I assumed I did nothing, I even looked back and saw no damage to my car so I said it must have been nothing.
    But just finding this paper now so calling to see what it was all about.
    Who knows, but impressed that she actually called!
Wonder how she didnt notice the note... probably the same way she didn't notice the scratch on her car....

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #102 on: January 08, 2020, 05:27:42 PM »
Wonder how she didnt notice the note... probably the same way she didn't notice the scratch on her car....
ALOL!
 Yup her mind works the same way! So maybe she was saying the truth!
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline crunch

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 10, 2020, 02:05:45 PM »
But if they do file a claim against my insurance will my rates go up due to the accident being on record?
  Actually, according to my agent, rate increases due to accident are based on a monetary threshold of payout and number of incidents determined by the company over a period of time.  So, one fender bender costing $500 might not trigger an increase.  A second a month later, though, costing $600 (this figure is arbitrary), might bring you to the increase level. 
Additionally, even though she is blaming you, her insurance may go up if you file a counter-claim for the damage done to you, especially if this is not her only recent accident.  It appears she doesn't get that, unless the claim is settled entirely in her favor, she too has something to lose.  Actually, if she has a history of accidents, even not at fault, insurance can cancel coverage due to being high risk.
May the damage be a Kapparah.
Have a good Shabbos,
Pearl