Author Topic: payment  (Read 648 times)

Offline candles

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
payment
« on: January 12, 2020, 06:55:03 PM »
hi,

my husband and I have a chase card and were under the impression that if we have automatic payment we don't need to worry. somehow our credit card went over the limit and the bill wasn't paid and our credit score decreased by 100 points in one week.  when we caught this we immediately paid the bill and it went back up 50 points.  I am assuming it is still not good to have this fluctuation … also how did this occur to begin with?

Offline Sam Finkelstein

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: payment
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2020, 10:38:16 PM »
You should call them and explain. If it's an isolated incident, they'll remove the missed payment.

Also, never good to use too much of your credit line at once. If you're getting even close to 10% of your credit line you should ideally start paying towards the balance.
Formula for success: rise early, work hard, strike oil. –J. Paul Getty

Offline yitzgar

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: payment
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2020, 10:43:24 PM »

Also, never good to use too much of your credit line at once. If you're getting even close to 10% of your credit line you should ideally start paying towards the balance.

Only matters until the next statement. If you aren't applying immediately, you don't have to worry about utilization on a temporary basis