Topic Wiki

Shuls:
Kesher Israel (great minyan with breakfast after shachris)
Chabad
Degel Israel

Hotels Near Shuls:
IHG Only one in walking distance from KI, 36min
Days Inn 17min from Chabad
ABVI 25min from Chabad
SPG, None are walking distance:
Sheraton 7k/C&P (3 suites, corner rooms are very large, kids aren't allowed in the club lounge)

FP 4k
FP 3k/C&P

Kosher Food:
Central PA's Kosher Mart
Weis Markets - carries packaged deli and cheese.
1700 Fruitville Pike, Lancaster, PA 17601
(717) 397-8127

Cheaper Tickets:
http://www.dansdeals.com/archives/42557

Attractions - Harrisburg: - Check Groupon for Deals
http://www.hersheypark.com/
https://www.hersheys.com/chocolateworld/en_us.html
https://www.laketobias.com/
http://indianechocaverns.com/
http://www.crayolaexperience.com/easton

Attractions - Lancaster: Check Groupon for Deals
Dutch Wonderland
Cherry Crest Farm
Crayola Factory
Kreider Farm Tour
Turkey Hill Factory

« Last edited by ajs625 on July 30, 2020, 06:15:07 PM »

Author Topic: Lancaster, PA (And Hershey Park) Master Thread  (Read 78551 times)

Offline lunatic

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
Re: Lancaster, PA (And Hershey Park) Master Thread
« Reply #90 on: June 24, 2014, 11:46:37 AM »
Also, what is cheapest way to get tickets

Offline AtallD

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 24, 2014, 01:52:46 PM »
I heard that there will be some type of kosher food in Dutch Wonderland in August. Does anyone here have more info? Also, what are good point options in the area

http://centralpaskoshermart.com/dutch-wonderland.php

Offline joed25

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 08, 2014, 07:57:36 PM »
Anyone stay at the Doubletree recently? It's like $250 a night when I would like to go next week. Should I rather wait a few days and stay at the Eden when it's available? Any other recommendations? Thanks

Offline joed25

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 09, 2014, 07:51:41 PM »
I booked in the Best Western Eden. I have a choice of a villa suite or king suite in the main building. Anyone know which one is better?

Offline DansDealsLover

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 14, 2014, 10:41:40 PM »
Looking to go to Lancaster (Dutch Wonderland) next week with my wife and 3 kids under 6yrs. I know I'm very late, but both Eden resort and Doubletree have no suites available. I really don't like the looks of the Country Inn (looks old and basic, and even perhaps dirty?). Does anyone have pics of the bathrooms in those double queen suites?
Any other suggestions?

Offline GAJ2303

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 14, 2014, 10:56:23 PM »

Anyone stay at the Doubletree recently? It's like $250 a night when I would like to go next week. Should I rather wait a few days and stay at the Eden when it's available? Any other recommendations? Thanks

The doubletree is nice. Haven't stayed at the Eden recently. See if you can pay the double tree with Hilton gift cards through Amex and get the $50 back.

Offline lunatic

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 15, 2014, 09:45:38 PM »
Looking to go to Lancaster (Dutch Wonderland) next week with my wife and 3 kids under 6yrs. I know I'm very late, but both Eden resort and Doubletree have no suites available. I really don't like the looks of the Country Inn (looks old and basic, and even perhaps dirty?). Does anyone have pics of the bathrooms in those double queen suites?
Any other suggestions?
I was at the country Inn and suites a few years ago. Nothing special.

Offline AtallD

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 16, 2014, 04:46:27 PM »
Any other suggestions?

We were in the same situation last year - both Eden resort and Doubletree were booked. We ended up staying at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Revere Inn & Suites and it was pretty decent. Nothing fancy, but clean and free breakfast (fruit, kosher cereal and yogurts),  a pretty central location, and a great price.

Offline waterpri

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 16, 2014, 05:28:49 PM »
Stayed at the homewood suites 2 years ago and was really impressed.  Nice size suites (not as big as Eden).  Very clean.  Only drawback is there was no outdoor pool - only indoor.

Offline Blazer

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 23, 2014, 11:48:50 PM »
I'm planning to head down with my kids to Dutch Wonderland, I heard there are ways to get cheaper tickets to get in (it's now around $35 per ticket) anyone has any ideas.

Offline lunatic

• View Profile

Offline pharmdear

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
    • Dr chulent's blog
  • Programs: HHonors Diamond
« Reply #101 on: July 30, 2014, 03:31:53 PM »
Guys if you need a place to stay look for Vacation Property rentals. They are less than a hotel room (about 150-200/night), lots of room(usually 3-4 bedrooms, 2 baths), great for families.

Offline acercomp

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 25, 2014, 11:51:27 AM »
Does anyone know what time mincha/maariv is at the kosher stand in Hershey Park?
thanks

Offline Cw3323

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UR, MR, UA, AA, JB, HH.
Lancaster, PA (And Hershey Park) Master Thread
« Reply #103 on: August 26, 2014, 01:46:44 AM »
I did Lancaster last week with my family so Here is the TR

We went with 3 children oldest 7yrs
we stayed at the "Doubletree" {5*} 2qn + sofa room. There was no availability so I  kept checking everyday and finally I got this one. Very expensive but I made sure to get about 7.3 UR points per dollar spend (UR mall gave me 5 (5.5)points for buying thru Hotels.com and I used my sapphire to pay the hotel 2.14)
The room was a nice size and clean, the kids loved the pool with the slides open till 10pm every night.

We decided to drive down motzei shabbos so we could have the full day Sunday,

Sunday: "Hershey Chocolate" we did the "4D show" {3*} and the "Chocolate Tour"{2*}, Kids didn't really liked both. We wanted to do the "Create your own Bar" but it was sold out for the day. Then we went to "Dutch Wonderland" {5*} about 6pm (Note: "DW" has a hidden policy that if you come the first day less then 3hrs before closing they will stamp your ticket and you could come the next day again, it's called "preview") park wasn't so full anymore and we did a lot of rides in short time, there is a picnic area where you could grill if you like to, there was constantly minyunim mincha-Mariv @ the kosher stand area, I didn't eat their food but it looked decent,

Monday: we went to Amish Town on a Buggy Ride we went with "AAA Buggy Rides" {4*} there is a coupon on their site for $2 off per adult, we did the 60min tour they took us in to someone's house and farm and drove us around town. Then we went to "Herr's Food Factory" {5*} reservation is needed in advance for good timing, we saw how they are doing Pretzels, Tortilla chips and potato chips you see the whole process up close and then they gave us hot fresh potato chips right of the machine and then they gave everybody 2 bags of chips after the tour (Tour is FREE). Then about 4pm we arrived to Dutch W. Again.

Tuesday: "Cherry Crest Farm" {2*} they have like a small peddling zoo and you could hold Baby Chickies and a tractor ride and a corn maze and a giant slide.

For the best ticket pricing and kosher info check out Centralpaskoshermart.com

I marked everything {*} on the rate the kids enjoyed it.

Offline lunatic

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 26, 2014, 05:52:42 AM »
I did Lancaster last week with my family so Here is the TR

We went with 3 children oldest 7yrs
we stayed at the "Doubletree" {5*} 2qn + sofa room. There was no availability so I  kept checking everyday and finally I got this one. Very expensive but I made sure to get about 7.3 UR points per dollar spend (UR mall gave me 5 (5.5)points for buying thru Hotels.com and I used my sapphire to pay the hotel 2.14)
The room was a nice size and clean, the kids loved the pool with the slides open till 10pm every night.

We decided to drive down motzei shabbos so we could have the full day Sunday,

Sunday: "Hershey Chocolate" we did the "4D show" {3*} and the "Chocolate Tour"{2*}, Kids didn't really liked both. We wanted to do the "Create your own Bar" but it was sold out for the day. Then we went to "Dutch Wonderland" {5*} about 6pm (Note: "DW" has a hidden policy that if you come the first day less then 3hrs before closing they will stamp your ticket and you could come the next day again, it's called "preview") park wasn't so full anymore and we did a lot of rides in short time, there is a picnic area where you could grill if you like to, there was constantly minyunim mincha-Mariv @ the kosher stand area, I didn't eat their food but it looked decent,

Monday: we went to Amish Town on a Buggy Ride we went with "AAA Buggy Rides" {4*} there is a coupon on their site for $2 off per adult, we did the 60min tour they took us in to someone's house and farm and drove us around town. Then we went to "Herr's Food Factory" {5*} reservation is needed in advance for good timing, we saw how they are doing Pretzels, Tortilla chips and potato chips you see the whole process up close and then they gave us hot fresh potato chips right of the machine and then they gave everybody 2 bags of chips after the tour (Tour is FREE). Then about 4pm we arrived to Dutch W. Again.

Tuesday: "Cherry Crest Farm" {2*} they have like a small peddling zoo and you could hold Baby Chickies and a tractor ride and a corn maze and a giant slide.

For the best ticket pricing and kosher info check out Centralpaskoshermart.com

I marked everything {*} on the rate the kids enjoyed it.
When you went the second day at 4, was that another preview? Or your admission