Topic Wiki

Some Lomdishe Acronyms For This Thread (Feel free to update the wiki as needed.)

AYLR – Ask Your Local Rabbi
KHLH – כל המקיל לא הפסיד
IMHnrO - In My Humble non-rabbinic Opinion
MB – Mishna Berura
MM - Mar'eh Makom
MMR – Machlokes Mechaber & Rema
NM - Nafka Minah
S – Siman
SF – Se’if
SHUA – Shulchan Aruch
SK – Se’if Katan
WTM – What’s The Mekor (?)
YMMV – Your Minhag May Vary

Author Topic: All Halocha Shailos and Tiffeh Questions  (Read 963394 times)

Offline rbs-g1.5

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: All Halocha Shailos and Tiffeh Questions
« Reply #5340 on: July 21, 2022, 02:09:12 PM »
i have found worms multiple times but i am sure it depends on the source and season

Offline sds1493

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5341 on: July 21, 2022, 02:18:57 PM »
I was told you can generally rely on the ingredients (assuming you know which ingredients are dairy) but there are exceptions where it will be real dairy even if it does not state
What is an example of such a product that contains milk inasmuch as it won't be halachically batul, however, milk is not mentioned in the ingredients. I just can't think of such a case considering that milk is such a high allergen. (For clarity, I am not referring to issues of keilim, rather to identify an items pareve or milk status.)

Offline monoso

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5342 on: July 21, 2022, 02:31:35 PM »
What is an example of such a product that contains milk inasmuch as it won't be halachically batul, however, milk is not mentioned in the ingredients. I just can't think of such a case considering that milk is such a high allergen. (For clarity, I am not referring to issues of keilim, rather to identify an items pareve or milk status.)
Probiotics that are grown on dairy are very likely true dairy.

Online imayid2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5343 on: July 21, 2022, 02:50:08 PM »
i have found worms multiple times but i am sure it depends on the source and season
I’ve seen ants as well.

Offline WAM

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5344 on: July 22, 2022, 02:52:45 AM »
I’ve seen ants as well.
Dairy ants?

Online imayid2

• View Profile
« Reply #5345 on: July 22, 2022, 02:54:34 AM »
Dairy ants?
Nope. Meat. Not sure why it matters though.

Offline WAM

• View Profile
« Reply #5346 on: July 22, 2022, 02:59:34 AM »
Nope. Meat. Not sure why it matters though.
If the package only had an ou and the ants were dairy, it could lead to taaruvois

Online myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #5347 on: July 28, 2022, 04:27:46 PM »
   An Item from Amazon worth around 1k showed shipped with its tracking and all. But 2 days later it disappeared with no tracking update, showed it was in transit.     3-4 days later I looked to see if anything changed, while it still showed its stuck at the fulfillment center. But this time around it was showing with a message to contact Amazon for a full refund, even if it may show at a later date because it's most probably lost in transit.

While I was notified today at the home, that a package was delivered for me with my items I was waiting for.

I decided to call Amazon to ask for a promotional credit for the delayed delivery/order.
 So the rep on the chat tells me oh I see it was lost, even if it was found I'll go ahead and issue a full refund and you can dispose of the item.   
  So I told her, the item came so issuing a full refund would be on my end gezel.
  She's like that very honest of you, so what would you like for me to do. I said a promotional credit for a future order and or a prime month extension. 
 So she said I can issue a $50 credit and we don't give out 1 months anymore so I can give you a full refund of prime for the delayed/lost order.

Was I permitted to take anything that was offered or only some of it? Or all of it? Or where did I err?
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline dm123

• View Profile
« Reply #5348 on: July 28, 2022, 06:18:44 PM »
An Item from Amazon worth around 1k...   
 So she said I can issue a $50 credit and we don't give out 1 months anymore so I can give you a full refund of prime for the delayed/lost order.

Was I permitted to take anything that was offered or only some of it? Or all of it? Or where did I err?

I imagine you would be entitled to some type of reparation for your delayed item, especially considering the "large" (well, not according to some) item value.
As well, seeing that you were upfront with the rep and they are authorized up to X amount for customer satisfaction, whatever she offers is probably fair game no?
When you say full refund of prime - you mean the annual fee not monthly correct?

All that being said you were definitely עובר the עשה of "אז מ'געבט, נעמט מען"  :o

Offline WAM

• View Profile
« Reply #5349 on: July 29, 2022, 12:08:27 AM »
Can somebody be עובר an עשה?
It's Friday.

Offline ari3

• View Profile
« Reply #5350 on: July 29, 2022, 12:44:25 AM »
   An Item from Amazon worth around 1k showed shipped with its tracking and all. But 2 days later it disappeared with no tracking update, showed it was in transit.     3-4 days later I looked to see if anything changed, while it still showed its stuck at the fulfillment center. But this time around it was showing with a message to contact Amazon for a full refund, even if it may show at a later date because it's most probably lost in transit.

While I was notified today at the home, that a package was delivered for me with my items I was waiting for.

I decided to call Amazon to ask for a promotional credit for the delayed delivery/order.
 So the rep on the chat tells me oh I see it was lost, even if it was found I'll go ahead and issue a full refund and you can dispose of the item.   
  She's like that very honest of you, so what would you like for me to do. I said a promotional credit for a future order and or a prime month extension. 

Why would you not be allowed to take what was offered? IMHO you could have taken the full refund that was offered as well

Offline WAM

• View Profile
« Reply #5351 on: July 29, 2022, 12:49:22 AM »

Is that gezel? Perhaps it could be an issue of whatever it's called (מתנה לנכרי)

Offline DealJew

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Premier Silver, Star Alliance Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Marriott Gold Elite
« Reply #5352 on: July 29, 2022, 09:32:28 AM »

Why would this be Gezel?? When you order something from amazon and it guarantees a delivery date and doesnt arrive by then you are entitled to a refund because they breached the terms of the sale. Also,assuming this is within amazon's policy to provide a refund and you didnt make any false claim although you received the item, even if the refund was intended because they assumed the item was lost in transit, you are still allowed that refund. Put it this way, if amazon didnt want you to get a refund if you received the item then they would not offer you a refund being that this is their policy. At best it would be taus akum which is usually muttar.
PM me for airline compensation help. Your case is not lost!

Offline drosenberg88429

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5353 on: July 29, 2022, 09:54:43 AM »
Is that gezel? Perhaps it could be an issue of whatever it's called (מתנה לנכרי)

מחזיר אבידת עכו'ם? (I don't think you're referring to לא תחנם.) That's only is there's no possibility of kiddush Hashem. In addition, it's possible that actively requesting a refund is different than passively receiving one and not contacting them to reverse.

Offline WAM

• View Profile
« Reply #5354 on: July 29, 2022, 09:56:30 AM »
I was indeed referring to לא תחנם.
What's the kiddush Hashem?
Unless it was shipped to zip 08701

Online zh cohen

• View Profile
« Reply #5355 on: July 29, 2022, 10:57:11 AM »
Can somebody be עובר an עשה?
It's Friday.

Yes.

Offline WAM

• View Profile

Offline koplonko

• View Profile
« Reply #5357 on: July 31, 2022, 12:11:58 AM »
שלשה חלוקי כפרה הם ותשובה עם כל אחד. עבר על מ"ע ושב אינו זז משם עד שמוחלין לו

Offline WAM

• View Profile
« Reply #5358 on: August 01, 2022, 02:43:03 AM »
שלשה חלוקי כפרה הם ותשובה עם כל אחד. עבר על מ"ע ושב אינו זז משם עד שמוחלין לו
Cool, where is this?

Offline koplonko

• View Profile
« Reply #5359 on: August 01, 2022, 07:10:29 AM »
Cool, where is this?
יומא דף פו עמוד א
The exact quote is from Tanya (igeres hatshuva)