Topic Wiki

Some Lomdishe Acronyms For This Thread (Feel free to update the wiki as needed.)

AYLR – Ask Your Local Rabbi
KHLH – כל המקיל לא הפסיד
IMHnrO - In My Humble non-rabbinic Opinion
MB – Mishna Berura
MM - Mar'eh Makom
MMR – Machlokes Mechaber & Rema
NM - Nafka Minah
S – Siman
SF – Se’if
SHUA – Shulchan Aruch
SK – Se’if Katan
WTM – What’s The Mekor (?)
YMMV – Your Minhag May Vary

Author Topic: All Halocha Shailos and Tiffeh Questions  (Read 950254 times)

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
Re: All Halocha Shailos and teiffa Questions
« Reply #840 on: September 27, 2015, 05:34:17 PM »
Maybe, but the שלחן ערוך הרב says that's it's mutter and I follow him 99%.
I somehow doubt that is the case with cbc
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline koplonko

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: September 30, 2015, 02:38:32 AM »
Maybe, but the שלחן ערוך הרב says that's it's mutter and I follow him 99%.
In that case you probably can't use his heterim when ever you want, they might be from the 1%

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #842 on: October 01, 2015, 12:52:55 AM »

לאחר העיון

אין איסור במעביר אוהל אראי ממקום למקום. נו"ב מ"ת ס"ס ל

.אם נשאר הסוכה בכשרותה אין במחיצות איסור משום בונה כיון שהוא אראי עירובין מ"ה שו"ע שי"א

אם לא נשאר בכשרותה או שנתמעט שטחה ה"ל מחיצה מתרת ואסורה

עדיין יש בו משום מוקצה דכיון שאסור להסתפק ממנו ביה"ש ה"ל מוקצה מחמת גופו מ"ב תרל"ח ס"ק ו' וע"ש בענין אוהל

ציור של טלטול כלאחר יד קשה לתערו כיון שדרך לדחוף דבר גדול בגופו וברגלו וכדומה

עיקר היתר של כלאחר יד כדי להשתמש בדבר המוקצה אינו פשוט ע'  חזו"א

Offline churnbabychurn

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: October 01, 2015, 05:54:42 AM »

לאחר העיון

אין איסור במעביר אוהל אראי ממקום למקום. נו"ב מ"ת ס"ס ל

.אם נשאר הסוכה בכשרותה אין במחיצות איסור משום בונה כיון שהוא אראי עירובין מ"ה שו"ע שי"א

אם לא נשאר בכשרותה או שנתמעט שטחה ה"ל מחיצה מתרת ואסורה

עדיין יש בו משום מוקצה דכיון שאסור להסתפק ממנו ביה"ש ה"ל מוקצה מחמת גופו מ"ב תרל"ח ס"ק ו' וע"ש בענין אוהל

ציור של טלטול כלאחר יד קשה לתערו כיון שדרך לדחוף דבר גדול בגופו וברגלו וכדומה

עיקר היתר של כלאחר יד כדי להשתמש בדבר המוקצה אינו פשוט ע'  חזו"א

Ty.

OK, re the boneh question. Here's a complication: when my succah is close to the house it is under the 2' overhang. It is still kosher because of the other 3 walls.
I am mesupak if. There is a din dofen akumah on a wall that is not being machshir the succa. (Assuming that dofen akumah is possible in this scenario, - where the sechach possul is much higher than the succah)
The nafka Mina would be whether or not one may sit under this area if its less that 4 tefachim.
To our question, would this constitute a movement that is machshir this area of the secach/defanos?
Is it possible that one may not move the succa in even on col hamoed according to those that don't permit taking down a succah on chol hamoed?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 06:03:37 AM by churnbabychurn »

Offline thaber

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: October 01, 2015, 09:41:55 AM »
Ty.

OK, re the boneh question. Here's a complication: when my succah is close to the house it is under the 2' overhang. It is still kosher because of the other 3 walls.
I am mesupak if. There is a din dofen akumah on a wall that is not being machshir the succa. (Assuming that dofen akumah is possible in this scenario, - where the sechach possul is much higher than the succah)
The nafka Mina would be whether or not one may sit under this area if its less that 4 tefachim.
To our question, would this constitute a movement that is machshir this area of the secach/defanos?
Is it possible that one may not move the succa in even on col hamoed according to those that don't permit taking down a succah on chol hamoed?

I think we need a pic :)

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
« Reply #845 on: October 01, 2015, 11:14:36 AM »
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 11:18:11 AM by churnbabychurn »

Offline gtyossi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: October 01, 2015, 11:46:08 AM »
We have a commercial keuring machine. I have been using it and most the coffees we have here are kosher. Someone just starting bringing in campbells soup mix k cup and now I am concerned that it cant be used. I dont want to kasher the machine before each use. Should I consider the machine treif?

Offline gubevo18

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: October 01, 2015, 11:48:18 AM »
We have a commercial keuring machine. I have been using it and most the coffees we have here are kosher. Someone just starting bringing in campbells soup mix k cup and now I am concerned that it cant be used. I dont want to kasher the machine before each use. Should I consider the machine treif?
Not necessarily. Depending on what it's made of if you run the machine once without anything that can be considered kashering. Ask your LOR that's what mine told me once.

Offline thaber

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: October 01, 2015, 12:39:17 PM »
Not necessarily. Depending on what it's made of if you run the machine once without anything that can be considered kashering. Ask your LOR that's what mine told me once.
take a look at the Keurig thread. It's real tarfus , not just a chashash. and there is always a little residue left even after running it empty

Offline gtyossi

• View Profile
« Reply #849 on: October 01, 2015, 01:14:42 PM »
take a look at the Keurig thread. It's real tarfus , not just a chashash. and there is always a little residue left even after running it empty
Link?

Offline Ergel

• View Profile
« Reply #850 on: October 02, 2015, 01:29:36 AM »
Ty.

Fairly sure it's pashut that that is dofen akumah. Don't think that would assur you from moving it on chol hamoed but understand why that could present a real challenge on yuntif
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #852 on: October 02, 2015, 01:38:20 PM »
Ty.

This would be dofen akuma but I don't think your nafka mina is true without schach kasher on the other side. If it would be a three wall sukka with open air on the other side IIRC you still would not be able to sit there.

In this case the movement would be making a mechitza materes which Orchos Shabbos 9 footnote 60 I think it is brings from R Shlomo Zalman that it would be assur. An eitza for that would be to have schch pasul there so that it would not be usable even after it is moved.

Offline Work-for-ur-muny

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: October 07, 2015, 06:47:32 PM »
Ty.

Probably not nogea any longer, but your shaila may be dependent on the machlokes rashi and tosafos of what the din of dofen akuma means. Whether is see it as if the entire wall is crooked from the base up, or it's as if the wall bends 90o at its top. I don't remember exact MM but its in masches sukka. IIRC, tosafos alone mentions that the NM would be if it's permitted to sit under that portion of schach pasul.

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
« Reply #854 on: October 07, 2015, 07:39:48 PM »
Probably not nogea any longer, but your shaila may be dependent on the machlokes rashi and tosafos of what the din of dofen akuma means. Whether is see it as if the entire wall is crooked from the base up, or it's as if the wall bends 90o at its top. I don't remember exact MM but its in masches sukka. IIRC, tosafos alone mentions that the NM would be if it's permitted to sit under that portion of schach pasul.
The nm that I posted was incorrect. We pasken that one may not sit under a DA but if the pesul is less than 4 tefachim it would not need a din DA and would therefore be like regular SP where u could sit.
Btw the sofek of the MB in 632-4 applies here because the SP is much higher than the dofen.

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
« Reply #855 on: October 07, 2015, 07:40:33 PM »

The nm that I posted was incorrect. We pasken that one may not sit under a DA, but if the pesul is less than 4 tefachim, it would not need a din DA and would therefore be like regular SP where u could sit.
Btw the sofek of the MB in 632-4 applies here because the SP is much higher than the dofen.

Offline yochiek93

• View Profile
« Reply #856 on: October 08, 2015, 09:58:17 PM »
Where is it mentioned not to say tachnun from after sukkos till beginning of cheshvon

Offline Freddie

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: October 09, 2015, 01:09:57 AM »
Where is it mentioned not to say tachnun from after sukkos till beginning of cheshvon
Kitzur shulchan aruch.

Offline yochiek93

• View Profile
« Reply #858 on: October 09, 2015, 01:11:28 AM »

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
« Reply #859 on: October 09, 2015, 09:25:19 AM »
Ashkenaz says