Topic Wiki

Some Lomdishe Acronyms For This Thread (Feel free to update the wiki as needed.)

AYLR – Ask Your Local Rabbi
KHLH – כל המקיל לא הפסיד
IMHnrO - In My Humble non-rabbinic Opinion
MB – Mishna Berura
MM - Mar'eh Makom
MMR – Machlokes Mechaber & Rema
NM - Nafka Minah
S – Siman
SF – Se’if
SHUA – Shulchan Aruch
SK – Se’if Katan
WTM – What’s The Mekor (?)
YMMV – Your Minhag May Vary

Author Topic: All Halocha Shailos and Tiffeh Questions  (Read 437252 times)

Online TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: All Halocha Shailos and teiffa Questions
« Reply #4350 on: March 03, 2020, 10:23:36 PM »
Are you allowed to answer amen if you overhear Kaddish while in mikva room & nobody’s undressed ?

Online yitzgar

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4351 on: March 03, 2020, 10:35:46 PM »

Are you obligated to answer amen if you overhear Kaddish in a different room? ?

What about this?

Offline myi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 300
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #4352 on: March 04, 2020, 12:19:05 AM »

What about this?
Machlokos...
 ר' יהושע בן לוי אומר אפילו מחיצה של ברזל
One has to answer to the brochos and participate, gemarah in pesachim daf pey daled or pey hay, IIRC.

And then the other opinion is what we hold, the halacha is one is not mechyuv to answer when he's in a different room, that's the pesak in Shulchun Aruch. CMIIW.

Are you allowed to answer amen if you overhear Kaddish while in mikva room & nobody’s undressed ?
That whole shailah is depended on what you consider the mikva room?
 Is it like a beis hamerchatz or not.
 If it is like a B"H then you wouldn't be able to make a bracha, or answer a bracha as well you would need to wash your hands outside.
 Or if you hold like those who say a mikvah is not like a B"H then you can wash your hands inside the room and answer a bracha inside the room if you hear a bracha.
Don't try to be someone else , be who you are because everyone else is taken.

Offline myi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 300
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #4353 on: March 04, 2020, 05:44:48 PM »
Machlokos...
One has to answer to the brochos and participate, gemarah in pesachim daf pey daled or pey hay, IIRC.

And then the other opinion is what we hold, the halacha is one is not mechyuv to answer when he's in a different room, that's the pesak in Shulchun Aruch. CMIIW.
 If it is like a B"H then you wouldn't be able to make a bracha, or answer a bracha as well you would need to wash your hands outside.
 Or if you hold like those who say a mikvah is not like a B"H then you can wash your hands inside the room and answer a bracha inside the room if you hear a bracha.
I stand corrected, I think we paskin if ones in middle of learning then one doesn't have to answer, while if your not then one should answer.
Don't try to be someone else , be who you are because everyone else is taken.

Offline Philosophypsychologypsych

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4354 on: March 05, 2020, 09:37:16 AM »
Machlokos...

It may depend on what kind of Amen you are saying, if you are trying to be yotzei someone elses bracha I think you would not be allowed too, if you are just saying Amen from hearing someone elses bracha then I think it would depend on what kind of Mikvah you`re at, if the showers and changing area and mikvah are all in the same "room/section" then most shitos would say you can`t  since it`s a bais hamerchatz if it Mikvah is set up in separate compartments, water, changing area, showers, and you are standing in an emty changing area most shitos would say you may answer Amen.

Offline davidd75

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4355 on: March 09, 2020, 02:49:26 PM »
what's the inyan of not even tasting anything until after megilla reading tonight?

I know for those that are weak they are permitted to taste something before the reading but many people don't even taste anything.  It is a real chumra/halacha for most of us that are healthy? why only weak people have a heter?

Its it like all other mitzvot(like bedikat chametz and chanuka candles) where we don't eat anything until after the mitzva lest we carry on with our eating?  If so tasting was always permitted by bedkiat chametz and  chanuka candles.  So why here are a lot of people machmir to not taste anything?

Online EliJelly

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4356 on: March 09, 2020, 03:10:40 PM »
what's the inyan of not even tasting anything until after megilla reading tonight?

I know for those that are weak they are permitted to taste something before the reading but many people don't even taste anything.  It is a real chumra/halacha for most of us that are healthy? why only weak people have a heter?

Its it like all other mitzvot(like bedikat chametz and chanuka candles) where we don't eat anything until after the mitzva lest we carry on with our eating?  If so tasting was always permitted by bedkiat chametz and  chanuka candles.  So why here are a lot of people machmir to not taste anything?
Instead of asking "tasting" you can ask on just drinking a coffee, which is allowed before other mitzvos. I always had this question, somebody told me it's because it's after a taanis it's more chumer you shouldn't get stuck eating after a fast day.

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #4357 on: March 09, 2020, 03:26:04 PM »

https://www.hebrewbooks.org/pdfpager.aspx?req=920&st=&pgnum=99
bottom left
Just because things turned out a certain way doesn't mean you were right.

Offline Jeremiah

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4358 on: March 09, 2020, 03:32:03 PM »

Because of the fast,  there is a chashash of shema yimashech

Online EliJelly

• View Profile
« Reply #4359 on: March 09, 2020, 03:34:44 PM »
https://www.hebrewbooks.org/pdfpager.aspx?req=920&st=&pgnum=99
bottom left
But most people are machmir not to eat or drink anything before the megillah even when it's ודאי לילה, what's the reason for that? why not do a coffee break after Mariv before reading the megillah.

Online EliJelly

• View Profile
« Reply #4360 on: March 09, 2020, 03:35:05 PM »
Because of the fast,  there is a chashash of shema yimashech
MM?

Offline davidd75

• View Profile
« Reply #4361 on: March 09, 2020, 03:47:22 PM »
But most people are machmir not to eat or drink anything before the megillah even when it's ודאי לילה, what's the reason for that? why not do a coffee break after Mariv before reading the megillah.

I guess what people here are saying is that even drinking or tasting may lead you to neglect the megilla reading mitzva because of the fast?  you are prone to prolong your eating more so after a fast etc... and thereby delay or neglect mitzavs hayom

Offline davidd75

• View Profile
« Reply #4362 on: March 09, 2020, 03:48:39 PM »
Instead of asking "tasting" you can ask on just drinking a coffee, which is allowed before other mitzvos. I always had this question, somebody told me it's because it's after a taanis it's more chumer you shouldn't get stuck eating after a fast day.

i don't think there is much difference between drinking or eating a snack in the poskim in this context

Online EliJelly

• View Profile
« Reply #4363 on: March 09, 2020, 03:54:23 PM »
i don't think there is much difference between drinking or eating a snack in the poskim in this context
Maybe, but talking in practical terms, a hot coffee before the megillah, the best! :)

Online TimT

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4364 on: March 09, 2020, 06:45:11 PM »
Is it ok for a lady/girl to eat if they’re going to hear Megillah with a later minyan ?