Author Topic: 23,500 miles for opening a citi bank account  (Read 3709 times)

Offline ganizzy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
23,500 miles for opening a citi bank account
« on: August 18, 2011, 07:01:04 PM »
As a loyal Citi® / AAdvantage® credit cardmember, you are eligible for this special offer: open a regular checking account in The Citibank® Account or Citigold® account package, complete everyday banking activities and qualify to earn up to 23,500 American Airlines AAdvantage bonus miles¹. Why? Because you deserve it, and we know it.

Earning up to 23,500 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles is simple.

To qualify to earn 23,500 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles, first open a new regular checking account in a Citigold® account package by 8/31/2011. Or, to qualify for 10,000 AAdvantage bonus miles, first open a new regular checking account in The Citibank Account package by 8/31/2011. Then, within 45 days after opening your regular checking account, begin performing at least one of the following everyday banking activities each month for two consecutive months:

• One or more direct deposits

• Two or more electronic bill payments

offer expires aug 31

Terms and conditions of accounts, products, programs and services are subject to change.

1 This offer is available to Citi® / AAdvantage® credit card members who receive this communication. One offer per customer only. All accounts subject to approval and applicable terms and fees. Existing checking customers are not eligible for this offer. Offer may be modified or withdrawn at any time without notice, expires 8/31/11, is not transferable and cannot be combined with any other offer. Persons under 18 years of age are not eligible. To qualify for the 10,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles offer, first open a new regular checking account in The Citibank Account package, or, to qualify for the 23,500 AAdvantage® bonus miles offer, first open a new regular checking account in a Citigold® account package by 8/31/11. Then, for either offer, within 45 days after account opening, you must also begin performing at least one direct deposit to, or at least two electronic bill payments from, the checking account each month for 2 consecutive months. Electronic bill payments are those made using Citibank® Online, Citi MobileSM, or CitiPhone Banking®. A bill that is paid by making a transfer between linked accounts and/or transfer payments made to accounts within Citibank or to accounts with Citibank affiliates does not qualify as a bill payment for this offer. Offer limited to United States (U.S.) citizens or resident aliens with a valid U.S. taxpayer identification number. The bonus will be reported to the IRS as miscellaneous income on Form 1099-MISC, as required by applicable law. The AAdvantage® bonus miles will be credited to your AAdvantage® account within 90 days from the end of the statement period in which you met all qualifying requirements stated in this offer. Your Citibank checking account in The Citibank or Citigold Account Package and Citi® / AAdvantage® credit card account must be open and in good standing at the time the AAdvantage® bonus miles are posted to your AAdvantage® account.

Offline Smokey Joe Robinson

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, Club Carlson Gold Elite, Best Western Diamond Elite, Marriott Rewards Silver, Hertz President's Circle, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, United Premier Silver
Re: 23,500 miles for opening a citi bank account
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 07:07:47 PM »
Anyone can get this?
My Programs Are Listed So That I Don't Forget Them :)

Offline ganizzy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 07:30:09 PM »
 This offer is available to Citi® / AAdvantage® credit card members who receive this communication

but if u go in and ask them what offers they have...

Offline smurf

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 07:58:39 PM »
As a loyal Citi® / AAdvantage® credit cardmember, you are eligible for this special offer: open a regular checking account in The Citibank® Account or Citigold® account package, complete everyday banking activities and qualify to earn up to 23,500 American Airlines AAdvantage bonus miles¹. Why? Because you deserve it, and we know it.

Earning up to 23,500 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles is simple.

To qualify to earn 23,500 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles, first open a new regular checking account in a Citigold® account package by 8/31/2011. Or, to qualify for 10,000 AAdvantage bonus miles, first open a new regular checking account in The Citibank Account package by 8/31/2011. Then, within 45 days after opening your regular checking account, begin performing at least one of the following everyday banking activities each month for two consecutive months:

• One or more direct deposits

• Two or more electronic bill payments

offer expires aug 31

Terms and conditions of accounts, products, programs and services are subject to change.

1 This offer is available to Citi® / AAdvantage® credit card members who receive this communication. One offer per customer only. All accounts subject to approval and applicable terms and fees. Existing checking customers are not eligible for this offer. Offer may be modified or withdrawn at any time without notice, expires 8/31/11, is not transferable and cannot be combined with any other offer. Persons under 18 years of age are not eligible. To qualify for the 10,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles offer, first open a new regular checking account in The Citibank Account package, or, to qualify for the 23,500 AAdvantage® bonus miles offer, first open a new regular checking account in a Citigold® account package by 8/31/11. Then, for either offer, within 45 days after account opening, you must also begin performing at least one direct deposit to, or at least two electronic bill payments from, the checking account each month for 2 consecutive months. Electronic bill payments are those made using Citibank® Online, Citi MobileSM, or CitiPhone Banking®. A bill that is paid by making a transfer between linked accounts and/or transfer payments made to accounts within Citibank or to accounts with Citibank affiliates does not qualify as a bill payment for this offer. Offer limited to United States (U.S.) citizens or resident aliens with a valid U.S. taxpayer identification number. The bonus will be reported to the IRS as miscellaneous income on Form 1099-MISC, as required by applicable law. The AAdvantage® bonus miles will be credited to your AAdvantage® account within 90 days from the end of the statement period in which you met all qualifying requirements stated in this offer. Your Citibank checking account in The Citibank or Citigold Account Package and Citi® / AAdvantage® credit card account must be open and in good standing at the time the AAdvantage® bonus miles are posted to your AAdvantage® account.
caveat emptor

Offline muttman

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 08:17:18 PM »
I take no responsibility for the results of your actions

Offline Smokey Joe Robinson

• View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, Club Carlson Gold Elite, Best Western Diamond Elite, Marriott Rewards Silver, Hertz President's Circle, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, United Premier Silver
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2011, 08:29:36 PM »
is there a monthly fee for this checking account?f
My Programs Are Listed So That I Don't Forget Them :)

Offline gozalim

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2011, 08:31:18 PM »
It seems like to get the 20,000 instead of the 10,000 you need a 'citigold' account. Isn't that where you Keep $50,000 deposited?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2011, 08:37:06 PM »
It seems like to get the 20,000 instead of the 10,000 you need a 'citigold' account. Isn't that where you Keep $50,000 deposited?
Yes.  Although I think that's waived for 3 months.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline ganizzy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2011, 09:22:49 PM »
so with the reporting the points to the irs - its not worth it right?

Offline clownaparte

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2011, 09:39:47 PM »

Back in February I was mailed a similar, though more attractive offer from Citibank - 30k miles for Citigold account, and either 20k or 25k (don't recall) for a regular (6k in the bank) checking. It expired a couple weeks later.

Offline moko

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2011, 07:50:50 PM »
I waited 3 months for my miles to post sent a couple of sm's they responded that i would be receiving them soon
sent an sm a few days ago asking where the points were they sent me back a message that they reviewed my acct. and my bill payments were not eligible bec. i pay my amex via amex website and not through the citi  billpay option

Offline Yellow

• View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Hertz #1 gold, Accor Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2011, 08:33:43 PM »
I got this too but i don't have 50,000 dollars to deposit