Author Topic: Air Serbia $275 NYC-TLV  (Read 23277 times)

Offline shaulyaakov

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: Air Serbia $275 NYC-TLV
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2020, 12:46:56 PM »
Worked yesterday just fine if you followed the instructions.
Why not?
In the course of chasing down a refund they promised me, I saw many reports of people getting stuck in the case or IROPS. Airlines refuse to touch their tickets and they don't assist with any rebooking.

Offline yoelkon

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2020, 12:22:23 PM »
just got a cancelation email for my Sukkos flights. Hmm due to Covid

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2020, 12:51:57 PM »
just got a cancelation email for my Sukkos flights. Hmm due to Covid
Dates?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline m65

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2020, 01:20:36 PM »
just got cancelation email on jul-aug tickets. booked thru chase. what are my options?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2020, 01:21:23 PM »
What does the email say?

What a bummer. Knew many people hoping to go to Israel for their first time with this fare.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Savingsbeast

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2020, 01:27:19 PM »
They sent a cancellation email for my Pesach tickets but I have not yet received the refund. Anyone else?

What are my best options? Am I eligible for compensation according to DOT rules?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2020, 01:30:55 PM »
Do you want a refund or reschedule?

Anyone able to share a screenshot of the cancel email?
Has anyone not been cancelled?

Offline m65

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2020, 01:50:41 PM »
Do you want a refund or reschedule?

Anyone able to share a screenshot of the cancel email?
Has anyone not been cancelled?
screenshot

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2020, 01:53:22 PM »
Weird, as they're still selling it.

Offline m65

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2020, 02:27:22 PM »
Weird, as they're still selling it.
whats ur take?

Offline CR

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2020, 02:27:39 PM »
I personally know 2 people whose tickets got canceled today, both booked thru chase as well. However only the outbound flight was canceled and they still showed confirmed for the return from Israel. Very weird because one of them was to leave on Aug 18 and return on Aug 31 ( not canceled) and other was supposed to leave on 9/21 and that was canceled.

Offline yoelkon

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2020, 02:40:06 PM »
Dates?

for now only my return, October 14th TLV-BEG, BEG-JFK

Offline rivkao

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2020, 02:47:51 PM »
I got canceled for the outbound and return got updated but the second leg from BEG leaves before the first leg from TLV arrives

Offline justaguy

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2020, 05:29:44 PM »
We too had our outgoing flights cancelled. Here's the nussach:
Dear Passenger,

We would like to inform you that flight JU0810, scheduled to leave Belgrade, Serbia BEG, on 05 Aug 2020, 10:00, has been canceled.

Your flight is canceled due to the special circumstances of the COVID -19 Pandemic.

Air Serbia would like to assist all our passengers with canceled flights due to COVID-19 to better adjust their travel plans, especially those who do not want to rebook for a future date at this time, we offer a Credit Voucher of equal value to the ticket purchased +10% increase on base fare and fuel tax, the voucher is valid until 31DEC20 and can be redeemed for any Air Serbia operated flight available in the system at the time of redemption.

COVID-19 flight cancellation options:

get 10% value increase (of the net fare and fuel tax) by applying to receive Air Serbia voucher for purchasing of the new ticket. Application form and detailed terms and conditions can be found here.
change the travel dates without penalty and processing fee, provided that travel must be completed at the latest on 31DEC20. Only one change per ticket is permitted, without penalty. If originally paid fare is not available, the difference in fares will not be charged. If the passenger does not know the new date of travel at that moment, original itinerary may be cancelled and new ticket will be issued subsequently. The passenger must keep the number of the original ticket.
choose any other Air Serbia destination within Air Serbia network, except New York. New ticket will be issued without penalty and processing fee. Passengers will not pay the difference in fares and taxes if any. Only one change per ticket is permitted, without penalty. Travel must be completed at the latest on 31DEC20.

The return trip was rescheduled for 2 days later, but not cancelled.

First, I notice that they're not offering us our money back for either one. Can they do that? We used a mix of Chase miles and cash. What's my next move? It was for early August to late August. Anyone know which flights were cancelled? Are they running flights out at all in August? If I decide to try to get my money back (seems like our best option), do I contact Chase, AirSerbia or both?
TIA

Offline joshj

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2020, 10:05:59 AM »
I called Air Seribia this morning and the agent recommended that I request a refund through my booking agent (Chase UR). I asked if I could hold onto the tickets and rebook at a later date, and was told that things a bit crazy there and it would be best to just request a refund but I could always wait and see. I assume that means that they most probably wont still be operating after this? Anyone have a similar experience?

Offline justaguy

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2020, 12:08:55 PM »
I haven't tried yet, but that makes it strange that they haven't cancelled the return flights and that they're offering rescheduling until 12/31, no? Still looking for advice if anyone has some.

Offline joshj

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2020, 03:36:37 PM »
We too had our outgoing flights cancelled. Here's the nussach:
Dear Passenger,

We would like to inform you that flight JU0810, scheduled to leave Belgrade, Serbia BEG, on 05 Aug 2020, 10:00, has been canceled.

Your flight is canceled due to the special circumstances of the COVID -19 Pandemic.

Air Serbia would like to assist all our passengers with canceled flights due to COVID-19 to better adjust their travel plans, especially those who do not want to rebook for a future date at this time, we offer a Credit Voucher of equal value to the ticket purchased +10% increase on base fare and fuel tax, the voucher is valid until 31DEC20 and can be redeemed for any Air Serbia operated flight available in the system at the time of redemption.

COVID-19 flight cancellation options:

get 10% value increase (of the net fare and fuel tax) by applying to receive Air Serbia voucher for purchasing of the new ticket. Application form and detailed terms and conditions can be found here.
change the travel dates without penalty and processing fee, provided that travel must be completed at the latest on 31DEC20. Only one change per ticket is permitted, without penalty. If originally paid fare is not available, the difference in fares will not be charged. If the passenger does not know the new date of travel at that moment, original itinerary may be cancelled and new ticket will be issued subsequently. The passenger must keep the number of the original ticket.
choose any other Air Serbia destination within Air Serbia network, except New York. New ticket will be issued without penalty and processing fee. Passengers will not pay the difference in fares and taxes if any. Only one change per ticket is permitted, without penalty. Travel must be completed at the latest on 31DEC20.

The return trip was rescheduled for 2 days later, but not cancelled.

First, I notice that they're not offering us our money back for either one. Can they do that? We used a mix of Chase miles and cash. What's my next move? It was for early August to late August. Anyone know which flights were cancelled? Are they running flights out at all in August? If I decide to try to get my money back (seems like our best option), do I contact Chase, AirSerbia or both?
TIA
i just chatted chase and had no problem refunding, they said it would take up to 30 days to post

Offline justaguy

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 31, 2020, 10:38:25 PM »
Any news on this? Do you understand why they cancelled some of their flights, but not all? At this point it seems like we should just call chase to get our money back, no? Is there a risk of losing that possibility by waiting for a rescheduled flight?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 31, 2020, 10:41:36 PM »
Any news on this? Do you understand why they cancelled some of their flights, but not all? At this point it seems like we should just call chase to get our money back, no? Is there a risk of losing that possibility by waiting for a rescheduled flight?
DDMS

Offline justaguy

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 01, 2020, 04:07:21 PM »
DDMS
Hi Dan-
I don't follow. I was following the comments on the update you posted on the main board, but haven't seen anything for the last couple of weeks.