Author Topic: Air Serbia $275 NYC-TLV  (Read 23271 times)

Offline steve2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Air Serbia $275 NYC-TLV
« Reply #80 on: August 14, 2020, 04:19:59 PM »
Dis anyone get money back from Air Serbia?

Yes

I know I said I wouldnt post again but I hope what I post can help some of you get a Refund

Air Serbia tkts, the 1st thing is to check your original confirmation email from Chase (or whomever) see if it has the tkt# listed, if it doesnt call the OTA used and ask them for it

If the tkt# starts with 067 then its an EY(Etihad tkt and youre in luck) if it doesnt good luck

if your tkt is an 067 tkt, dont call, write complain to DOT about Air Serbia they have nothing to do with you and owe you Nothing, DO file with DOT against Chase and EY! if like others Ive helped at no time did Chase make known that in fact they were selling you a code-share flight include that to DOT as well.

Once you file it will take time to 1st get a DOT confirmation and apx 2 days later you will hear from both Chase and EY, EY will send you another email a few days later or week that they werent able to find your tkt are you sure it was booked with them. Reply with the tkt# from your 1st Chase email when you booked or that Chase told you the # was. EY will find it

Apx 1 month will go by from when you 1st hear from EY till you get your Refund, at least thats how it went down , unless they are used to the Air Serbia TLV flights and  work faster knowing they will Refund them anyways. Once Chase gets the AR/ARC from EY = they got their $$$ back then they will Refund your pts or pts & $s. In some cases Chase got the email from EY with all the needed info and Refund but didnt act on it on their side so once EY says they will take care of it you will have to call Chase again and ask them to go thru their notes and tell them EY claims they sent you the AR/ARC for a full refund and the Chase rep will find it and process it as you are on the line

At NO time tell DOT or EY that you want your UR pts, its NOT important, according to both EY & DOT a CC was used to pay for the tkt! dont drag UR pts into it as theres no way for EY to refund UR pts and you will simply confuse everyone!!!

Now as long as EY keeps flying into the US you have  a great chance of getting the Refund, if you werent tkted on EY stock bear in mind that Air Serbia is still not flying into the US and thusly under no pressure to refund anything even thou DOTs rules supercedes theirs. Your best bet after everything else fails is to get Air Serbia to extend your tkt till such time as they restart flying to NY or you can somehow make use of the funds for a tkt on them

I only hope this info helps as many get Refunded as possible (my plan is to go silent once again so I wont be responding to any posts made or PMs sent on this site , should you send a PM and include your email address I will respond regarding Air Serbia tkts only)

Hope I havent left anything out a Gutten Shabbos to one and all. Stay Healthy and Safe

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #81 on: August 14, 2020, 04:24:05 PM »
Yes

I know I said I wouldnt post again but I hope what I post can help some of you get a Refund

Air Serbia tkts, the 1st thing is to check your original confirmation email from Chase (or whomever) see if it has the tkt# listed, if it doesnt call the OTA used and ask them for it

If the tkt# starts with 067 then its an EY(Etihad tkt and youre in luck) if it doesnt good luck

if your tkt is an 067 tkt, dont call, write complain to DOT about Air Serbia they have nothing to do with you and owe you Nothing, DO file with DOT against Chase and EY! if like others Ive helped at no time did Chase make known that in fact they were selling you a code-share flight include that to DOT as well.

Once you file it will take time to 1st get a DOT confirmation and apx 2 days later you will hear from both Chase and EY, EY will send you another email a few days later or week that they werent able to find your tkt are you sure it was booked with them. Reply with the tkt# from your 1st Chase email when you booked or that Chase told you the # was. EY will find it

Apx 1 month will go by from when you 1st hear from EY till you get your Refund, at least thats how it went down , unless they are used to the Air Serbia TLV flights and  work faster knowing they will Refund them anyways. Once Chase gets the AR/ARC from EY = they got their $$$ back then they will Refund your pts or pts & $s. In some cases Chase got the email from EY with all the needed info and Refund but didnt act on it on their side so once EY says they will take care of it you will have to call Chase again and ask them to go thru their notes and tell them EY claims they sent you the AR/ARC for a full refund and the Chase rep will find it and process it as you are on the line

At NO time tell DOT or EY that you want your UR pts, its NOT important, according to both EY & DOT a CC was used to pay for the tkt! dont drag UR pts into it as theres no way for EY to refund UR pts and you will simply confuse everyone!!!

Now as long as EY keeps flying into the US you have  a great chance of getting the Refund, if you werent tkted on EY stock bear in mind that Air Serbia is still not flying into the US and thusly under no pressure to refund anything even thou DOTs rules supercedes theirs. Your best bet after everything else fails is to get Air Serbia to extend your tkt till such time as they restart flying to NY or you can somehow make use of the funds for a tkt on them

I only hope this info helps as many get Refunded as possible (my plan is to go silent once again so I wont be responding to any posts made or PMs sent on this site , should you send a PM and include your email address I will respond regarding Air Serbia tkts only)

Hope I havent left anything out a Gutten Shabbos to one and all. Stay Healthy and Safe
Baruch mechaye hamaysim :D

Excellent advice and it's good to see you around here craz. Good Shabbos!
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline m65

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 15, 2020, 04:07:07 PM »
my ticket starts with 607, that means im screwed?

Offline justmeha

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 16, 2020, 12:17:26 PM »
no it means you are in luck

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 16, 2020, 01:41:52 PM »

My mistake I put down 067 when it s/b 607, all the EY tkts Ive dealt with till now have gotten their Chase pts Refund in the end, PATIENCE is what is needed

Offline elimmm

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 16, 2020, 04:39:01 PM »
Anyone tried asking for "guaranteed flight to Israel within 2 years" from Etihad on a 067 ticket?
Is there any room for bargaining with them, or is DOT mandated refund the only way to go?
(I'm holding canceled tx for large group, and rebooking will be costly)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #86 on: August 18, 2020, 02:01:35 PM »
Dan[/member] Would you bother calling Chase back or just following the advice @steve2 gave and filing with DoT?
No reason not to call Chase before.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Dovdovmoneytree

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 18, 2020, 02:09:21 PM »
interesting, but good to know that with huca it might work.
im getting told they can only refund what the airline allows in their policy
and everytime i ask for a supervisor im told "i am the supervisor"
What number can I call you on? Everyone you speak to gets promoted  ;)

Offline Dovdovmoneytree

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 18, 2020, 02:09:52 PM »
No reason not to call Chase before.
Thanks

Offline m65

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 18, 2020, 03:39:54 PM »
What number can I call you on? Everyone you speak to gets promoted  ;)
my typical answer to "i am the supervisor" is "so u own chase bank?", ah, u dont? so that means there is at least 1 person on top of u, great, put him on the phone please..."

Offline yungermanchik

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: Previous Signatures: If you chapped hana'ah from a post, like it; You think you know the answers and things are the way they seem.. it just ain't so -The Rebbe from Lublin-
« Reply #90 on: August 18, 2020, 03:42:23 PM »
my typical answer to "i am the supervisor" is "so u own chase bank?", ah, u dont? so that means there is at least 1 person on top of u, great, put him on the phone please..."
LOL, but does it work?
Small people talk about other people.
Average people talk about things
BIG PEOPLE TALK ABOUT IDEAS.

Offline Dovdovmoneytree

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 18, 2020, 03:47:50 PM »
Great answer  :)

Offline m65

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 18, 2020, 11:57:38 PM »
LOL, but does it work?
like everything else in this world, sometimes yes, and sometimes no

Online yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 19, 2020, 12:29:37 AM »
like everything else in this world, sometimes yes, and sometimes no
I would imagine that the person you are speaking to would get annoyed.

Offline m65

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 19, 2020, 01:53:17 AM »
I would imagine that the person you are speaking to would get annoyed.
very possible, but usually u ask for a supervisor when the rep on the phone is unable/unwilling to help u. when the rep claims "i am the supervisor" that basically means "i am unable/unwilling to help u, and i dont want to pass on youre call further" so basically u hit the end of the road for that phonecall. when that happens, i pull out any card i can, bec otherwise with this phonecall im getting nowhere anyways.

Offline m65

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 29, 2020, 04:04:13 PM »
Dear XXXXX XXXXXX,

We’re reaching out about the Department of Transportation complaint you submitted. We’re sorry to hear your trip was canceled.

We reviewed your request, worked with Etihad Airways (Air Serbia being the operating carrier) on your behalf, and they’ve approved a full refund.

• Total cash refunded – $XXXX.XX USD

You should see the credit applied to your original form of payment within 1-2 statements. Thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,
XXXX
Travel Consultant Supervisor
Chase Travel

Offline farvus nisht?

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 29, 2020, 05:21:53 PM »
Dear XXXXX XXXXXX,

We’re reaching out about the Department of Transportation complaint you submitted. We’re sorry to hear your trip was canceled.

We reviewed your request, worked with Etihad Airways (Air Serbia being the operating carrier) on your behalf, and they’ve approved a full refund.

• Total cash refunded – $XXXX.XX USD

You should see the credit applied to your original form of payment within 1-2 statements. Thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,
XXXX
Travel Consultant Supervisor
Chase Travel
Nice!

Thanks for updating.

Offline m65

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 09, 2020, 09:01:24 AM »
just got my full refund, thanx @steve2 for youre instructions, and everyone else for their input

Offline Yonah

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 09, 2020, 02:41:19 PM »
I received an e-mail from Chase saying that I was given travel credit with Etihad. I had originally bought this flight with UR points. I PUTPAC Chase, and the UR CSR was able to verify that I was eligible for a refund, and credited my UR account with the miles I had used (will check tomorrow to see if they are there)

Offline Dovdovmoneytree

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 09, 2020, 04:51:45 PM »

if your tkt is an 067 tkt, dont call, write complain to DOT about Air Serbia they have nothing to do with you and owe you Nothing, DO file with DOT against Chase and EY! if like others Ive helped at no time did Chase make known that in fact they were selling you a code-share flight include that to DOT as well

Does a code share flight actually mean I would not have even been flying Air Serbia rather an Etihad flight?? Chase is/was required to disclose this to me?