Author Topic: How to get double miles (or more) for a air trip  (Read 9529 times)

Offline SBS

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 26
    • View Profile
Re: How to get double miles (or more) for a air trip
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2008, 01:37:20 AM »
Illegality is not objectionable?! This is not Shtik?! This is not explaining outright how to get miles illegally? Besides for which it's kind of stupid to post these tricks online, one airline employee surfing the internet could ensure that this won't work (not that i personally have a problem with this being stopped), and maybe even somebody arrested for fraud or the like.

1) Illegal means that the GOVERNMENT doesn't allow something. As Far As I Know, the GOVERNMENT hasn't banned any of these SHTICK... I wrote clearly that you might lose all your miles.

2) Airline employees which surf the web KNOW GOOD AND WELL these SHTICK, I posted it also on FlyerTalk...
Available for Sha'alos

Offline Avi

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2008, 02:53:25 PM »
1) Illegal means that the GOVERNMENT doesn't allow something. As Far As I Know, the GOVERNMENT hasn't banned any of these SHTICK... I wrote clearly that you might lose all your miles.
1) That's why i asked if it's illegal, somebody responded that it isn't and my comments were in response to that.
2) You're being very simplistic, just like i wouldn't say for sure it's illegal, i wouldn't say for sure that it's legal, because if this Shtik is a violation of the long agreement you agree to when you enroll-or any other agreement you make as part of being a member-than this is most definitely illegal-yes thos agreements are legally binding and naturally violation is illegal-and even if you're not violating those agreements it still might be considered fraud (you are defrauding the company).

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime Plat, DL Dirt, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Avis Chairman, National EE, Hertz PC
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2008, 03:02:10 PM »
While I'm no expert, I think SBS is probably right about illegality.

When airlines prohibit selling miles, those are the terms of the program, that doesn't mean that selling miles is illegal.  The mileage program has the right to close down your account, but you're not going to go to jail because you violated the terms of the program.

Either way, I definitely do not endorse or participate in mileage double-dipping, but at the same time I'm not going to say that people can't discuss it.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Avi

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2008, 06:53:59 PM »
Are you saying this is not fraud?
Again i don't know for a fact that this is illegal, which is why i asked, and my response afterwards was based on the response that it is illegal, however the reasoning given to say it's legal is kind of simplistic, as this could very possibly be considered fraud, and the comparison to selling miles doesn't sound right because there it was first obtained legitimatly.
Lastly i find it disgraceful to post such Shtik-legal or not.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 07:08:23 PM by Avi »