Author Topic: Sprint and Pixel 3a  (Read 865 times)

Offline Sowhat

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Sprint and Pixel 3a
« on: January 17, 2020, 01:18:13 PM »
Since I got the 3a some 8-9 months ago, data drops regularly.  Some 40%-50% of my efforts to go online fail, and I see the x on the data symbol regularly.  Getting LTE on four bars is a rarity.   I reboot, update PRL, etc. with no lasting help.  Sprint does not know what to do and Google says its not the phone.  This is in the NYC area.  I have no time or energy to find a Sprint repair center, have them fatz around for an hour doing what I did, and tell me I am good. Prior to the 3a, my Samsung 7 was fine (reasonably), so I am thinking its the phone.  Any suggestions?  Thanks. 

Offline yeshivabucher

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Travel Agent, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE, Uber VIP, SPG Gold
Re: Sprint and Pixel 3a
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2020, 02:02:29 PM »
Since I got the 3a some 8-9 months ago, data drops regularly.  Some 40%-50% of my efforts to go online fail, and I see the x on the data symbol regularly.  Getting LTE on four bars is a rarity.   I reboot, update PRL, etc. with no lasting help.  Sprint does not know what to do and Google says its not the phone.  This is in the NYC area.  I have no time or energy to find a Sprint repair center, have them fatz around for an hour doing what I did, and tell me I am good. Prior to the 3a, my Samsung 7 was fine (reasonably), so I am thinking its the phone.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.
dont have any problems with it in brooklyn and monsey area

Offline coffeebean

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2020, 01:45:51 PM »
Have you tried swapping the sim? I've had similar problem with Verizon, swapping the sim worked wonders.

Offline Definitions

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2020, 06:31:55 PM »
I'm just curious where did you buy your phone from? Was it new?
My Tapatalk notifications don't always work.

Offline Sowhat

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2020, 06:57:04 PM »
From Google, new.  And VM takes a day to comeup.

I should try a new sim.  Someone mentioned that.  Will Sprint give me a new one for the ask.

Offline Definitions

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2020, 07:44:15 PM »
From Google, new.  And VM takes a day to comeup.

I should try a new sim.  Someone mentioned that.  Will Sprint give me a new one for the ask.
Can't hurt to ask
My Tapatalk notifications don't always work.

Offline as2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2020, 02:38:28 PM »
Don't think my wife has had any issues here in Chicago.
Memories last forever, make them while you can.