Topic Wiki

Add your flight info here!

JFK to TLV:
4/6: Yehoshua2 +1, TrueCaller, peshzen, Hockeynut123, belzagripas, Samy1716, brooklyndan (9 people - 1 male)
4/20: greatdeals (total of 6 people), cyginsberg
4/27: israel11219
5/11: shmaltz, danthecan (family of 8 - only 1 counts for minyan)
5/18: DoB, shmuel2004
5/25: ConfusionisKey (2 people)
6/22: Dovdovmoneytree (with 2 teenage daughters), Issac Karahod (family of 8 )
6/29: @mike
8/10: YJ1M8F
8/17: Rivkao (family of 8 ), fisher (family of 4)
9/1 : @yonah's son - 1
9/21: Danfan+ (family of 7), Shvitzer (family of 6)
10/5: pcgeek (2 ppl)

TLV to JFK:
4/19: Yehoshua2 +1, Hockeynut123, belzagripas, Samy1716, brooklyndan (9 people - 1 male)
4/22: TrueCaller, peshzen
4/29: greatdeals, (total of 6 people) cyginsberg
5/10: israel11219, alizab613
5/17: shmaltz, danthecan (family of 8 - only 1 counts for minyan)
5/31: Shmuel2004
6/3: DoB
6/10: ConfusionisKey (2 people)
7/8: Issac Karahod (family of 8 )
7/12: @mike
7/15: Dovdovmoneytree (with 2 teenage daughters)
8/23: YJ1M8F
8/24: fisher (family of 4)
9/6: Rivkao (family of 8 )
10/14: Danfan+ (family of 7 ), shulemw (family of 8 ), Shvitzer (family of 6)
10/18: pcgeek (2 ppl)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to Serbia!

Serbia is a safe country, Belgrade is a safe city. The Serbs love Jews, and there is no anti-Semitism. You can walk around the street with a kippa without fear. As in all cities, just beware of pickpockets who can try to take money without you noticing.

Transportation to the city
Private driver:
Reliable English-speaking driver: Mr. Aleks.
Phone number / Whatsapp: + 381-693571234

You have to coordinate with him in advance.

Prices For each direction:
4- car seat: $ 25
7- car seat: $ 40
You can pay him in US dollars.

Taxi:
It is recommended to take a taxi from the airport. the estimated cost for each direction is $18 but you can only pay in local currency – Serbian Dinar. You can convert dollars to local currency at the airport. The conversion rate at the airport is high so it is advisable to convert only the necessary amount for a taxi and to convert the rest in the city. There is a money change location in every corner of the city.

Pay attention! You should only take a taxi from the official station where there is a large taxi sign at the airport. local drivers will offer you a taxi please don’t go with them as they will charge you an excessive price. Again, just go to the official station!

Accommodation
You can feel secure with any hotel on Booking.com or Airbnb.

Chabad apartment:
You can rent our beautiful newly renovated apartment in Chabad House. There are only 2 rooms and each room has 2 beds. Its suitable for a maximum of 4 people. Price for one room: 40 Euro. Price for 2 rooms 80 Euro. For more information and reservations click on this link.

For recommended hotels in the city center close to the Chabad House please click here.

Kosher food:
Please note! Belgrade has no kosher restaurant or shop. even if Google redirects you to “kosher restaurants”, they are not kosher at all!!!
Chabad provides kosher dinners at 7:30pm by reservations only. Please send requests within 2 weeks of your visit. For information and pre-order click here.
Breakfast and lunch can be ordered for groups of 10 or more by sending a request within 2 weeks of your visit.

Minyanim:
Usually there is no Minyan on weekdays, but sometimes when there is a group of guests we make a minyan at the Chabad House for Mincha and Arvit.

We recommend that you send us a message two days in advance to see if there is a chance for a Minyan. Also, if you see a lot of Jews on your flight, you can arrange with them and schedule a prayer time at the Chabad House.

Tour guides:
Belgrade is a beautiful and interesting city with a fascinating Jewish history. there are many Jewish tour guides in Belgrade who will be happy to take you on a tour.

Here is a list of recommended Jewish tour guides.
Mr. Yoel Simhony – Phone Number +381-60-550-7150. E-mail: office@noatours-serbia.com
Mr. Amnon Glid – Phone Number +381-69-715-517. E-mail: agl988@yahoo.com
Mr. Aleksander Benvenisty – Phone/Whatsapp Number +972-52-331-8689. E-mail: benva@yahoo.com
Mr. Yair Arama – Phone Number +381-69-269-3388. E-mail: its.yair@gmail.com
You can always reach us by email: info@chabad.rs

Kol tuv and Welcome,

Chabad of Serbia

« Last edited by jbla on July 05, 2020, 06:43:39 PM »

Author Topic: Air Serbia NYC-TLV, Add Your Name To The Wiki For Minyan/Trips!  (Read 38153 times)

Offline Tcohen3210

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Air Serbia NYC-TLV, Add Your Name To The Wiki For Minyan/Trips!
« Reply #180 on: August 09, 2020, 12:08:10 AM »
I am also wondering what to do. I had 5 tickets booked for May. They gave me a credit which said I need to book by 9/30 and travel by July 2021. The credit is non-transferable. (my mistake was allowing Chase to cancel the bookings a couple of weeks in advance-I didn't realize I wouldn't get my money back since Chase implied they would completely take care of it for me :-()
Are there even any flights to book? Or should I assume this money is gone forever?

Offline 1chulent

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Air Serbia NYC-TLV, Add Your Name To The Wiki For Minyan/Trips!
« Reply #181 on: August 27, 2020, 09:40:43 AM »
Was anyone successful rebooking?
I am getting a runaround between AirSerbia, Etihad, and Chase.