Topic Wiki

Add your flight info here!

JFK to TLV:
4/6: Yehoshua2 +1, TrueCaller, peshzen, Hockeynut123, belzagripas, Samy1716, brooklyndan (9 people - 1 male)
4/20: greatdeals (total of 6 people), cyginsberg
4/27: israel11219
5/11: shmaltz, danthecan (family of 8 - only 1 counts for minyan)
5/18: DoB, shmuel2004
5/25: ConfusionisKey (2 people)
6/22: Dovdovmoneytree (with 2 teenage daughters), Issac Karahod (family of 8 )
6/29: @mike
8/10: YJ1M8F
8/17: Rivkao (family of 8 ), fisher (family of 4)
9/1 : @yonah's son - 1
9/21: Danfan+ (family of 7), Shvitzer (family of 6)
10/5: pcgeek (2 ppl)

TLV to JFK:
4/19: Yehoshua2 +1, Hockeynut123, belzagripas, Samy1716, brooklyndan (9 people - 1 male)
4/22: TrueCaller, peshzen
4/29: greatdeals, (total of 6 people) cyginsberg
5/10: israel11219, alizab613
5/17: shmaltz, danthecan (family of 8 - only 1 counts for minyan)
5/31: Shmuel2004
6/3: DoB
6/10: ConfusionisKey (2 people)
7/8: Issac Karahod (family of 8 )
7/12: @mike
7/15: Dovdovmoneytree (with 2 teenage daughters)
8/23: YJ1M8F
8/24: fisher (family of 4)
9/6: Rivkao (family of 8 )
10/14: Danfan+ (family of 7 ), shulemw (family of 8 ), Shvitzer (family of 6)
10/18: pcgeek (2 ppl)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to Serbia!

Serbia is a safe country, Belgrade is a safe city. The Serbs love Jews, and there is no anti-Semitism. You can walk around the street with a kippa without fear. As in all cities, just beware of pickpockets who can try to take money without you noticing.

Transportation to the city
Private driver:
Reliable English-speaking driver: Mr. Aleks.
Phone number / Whatsapp: + 381-693571234

You have to coordinate with him in advance.

Prices For each direction:
4- car seat: $ 25
7- car seat: $ 40
You can pay him in US dollars.

Taxi:
It is recommended to take a taxi from the airport. the estimated cost for each direction is $18 but you can only pay in local currency – Serbian Dinar. You can convert dollars to local currency at the airport. The conversion rate at the airport is high so it is advisable to convert only the necessary amount for a taxi and to convert the rest in the city. There is a money change location in every corner of the city.

Pay attention! You should only take a taxi from the official station where there is a large taxi sign at the airport. local drivers will offer you a taxi please don’t go with them as they will charge you an excessive price. Again, just go to the official station!

Accommodation
You can feel secure with any hotel on Booking.com or Airbnb.

Chabad apartment:
You can rent our beautiful newly renovated apartment in Chabad House. There are only 2 rooms and each room has 2 beds. Its suitable for a maximum of 4 people. Price for one room: 40 Euro. Price for 2 rooms 80 Euro. For more information and reservations click on this link.

For recommended hotels in the city center close to the Chabad House please click here.

Kosher food:
Please note! Belgrade has no kosher restaurant or shop. even if Google redirects you to “kosher restaurants”, they are not kosher at all!!!
Chabad provides kosher dinners at 7:30pm by reservations only. Please send requests within 2 weeks of your visit. For information and pre-order click here.
Breakfast and lunch can be ordered for groups of 10 or more by sending a request within 2 weeks of your visit.

Minyanim:
Usually there is no Minyan on weekdays, but sometimes when there is a group of guests we make a minyan at the Chabad House for Mincha and Arvit.

We recommend that you send us a message two days in advance to see if there is a chance for a Minyan. Also, if you see a lot of Jews on your flight, you can arrange with them and schedule a prayer time at the Chabad House.

Tour guides:
Belgrade is a beautiful and interesting city with a fascinating Jewish history. there are many Jewish tour guides in Belgrade who will be happy to take you on a tour.

Here is a list of recommended Jewish tour guides.
Mr. Yoel Simhony – Phone Number +381-60-550-7150. E-mail: office@noatours-serbia.com
Mr. Amnon Glid – Phone Number +381-69-715-517. E-mail: agl988@yahoo.com
Mr. Aleksander Benvenisty – Phone/Whatsapp Number +972-52-331-8689. E-mail: benva@yahoo.com
Mr. Yair Arama – Phone Number +381-69-269-3388. E-mail: its.yair@gmail.com
You can always reach us by email: info@chabad.rs

Kol tuv and Welcome,

Chabad of Serbia

« Last edited by jbla on July 05, 2020, 06:43:39 PM »

Author Topic: Air Serbia NYC-TLV, Add Your Name To The Wiki For Minyan/Trips!  (Read 37913 times)

Offline TrueCaller

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Air Serbia NYC-TLV
« Reply #80 on: February 24, 2020, 04:23:54 PM »
Done.
Thanks allot for your endless help!

Offline Dovdovmoneytree

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 24, 2020, 04:33:04 PM »
Dan, although I am extremely excited about this trip, I also have serious concerns.  I usually don't place  much value in online reviews since I have found that the expectations of people can vary greatly and many are way too spoiled. In this case I am worried.

All I am reading online is post after post of positively horrible service in every aspect of the trip. Lost luggage for WEEKS, damaged luggage, zero customer service or attempts to solve issues, last minute trip delays and/or cancellations. Attempts to charge twice for luggage and the list goes on. Basically third world country service. On my own, I would cancel (still in 24 hrs) but I don't want to disappoint my kids.
Is this what we should look forward to??

https://www.airlinequality.com/airline-reviews/air-serbia/

https://www.airlineratings.com/passenger-reviews/air-serbia

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #82 on: February 24, 2020, 04:36:47 PM »
Dan, although I am extremely excited about this trip, I also have serious concerns.  I usually don't place  much value in online reviews since I have found that the expectations of people can vary greatly and many are way too spoiled. In this case I am worried.

All I am reading online is post after post of positively horrible service in every aspect of the trip. Lost luggage for WEEKS, damaged luggage, zero customer service or attempts to solve issues, last minute trip delays and/or cancellations. Attempts to charge twice for luggage and the list goes on. Basically third world country service. On my own, I would cancel (still in 24 hrs) but I don't want to disappoint my kids.
Is this what we should look forward to??

https://www.airlinequality.com/airline-reviews/air-serbia/

https://www.airlineratings.com/passenger-reviews/air-serbia
Stop worrying:

https://www.airlinequality.com/airline-reviews/united-airlines
https://www.airlinequality.com/airline-reviews/american-airlines
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Dovdovmoneytree

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 24, 2020, 04:41:25 PM »
Stop worrying:

https://www.airlinequality.com/airline-reviews/united-airlines
https://www.airlinequality.com/airline-reviews/american-airlines

I saw that too Dan  ;)

As I said; I generally don't apply to much value to online reviews. The United and AA reviews just shows what I mean. There are millions of travelers, always will be some sour experiences. With a 3rd world country national airline, one begins to think more...... but I definitely get your perspective. Would love to hear from the Chabad guys out there, I assume they fly it more frequently.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #84 on: February 24, 2020, 04:42:24 PM »
I saw that too Dan  ;)

As I said; I generally don't apply to much value to online reviews. The United and AA reviews just shows what I mean. There are millions of travelers, always will be some sour experiences. With a 3rd world country national airline, one begins to think more......
Stop worrying
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Dovdovmoneytree

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 24, 2020, 04:47:12 PM »

Also I think if you really look thru the AA and United reviews, you'll likely find the kind of stupid complaints I refer to above. Kvetching that the gate agent didn't smile broadly enough etc etc, maybe extra fees, delays cancellations etc Not every review about broken and lost luggage. Fly along with me, I'll feel alot better  ;)

Offline KSMH

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 24, 2020, 04:49:31 PM »

Why do you say that! Air Serbia will not reasonably accommodate you in case of delays or cancellations and they do not have good customer service.
Always praying for delayed baggage.

Offline Dovdovmoneytree

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 24, 2020, 05:15:46 PM »
Why do you say that! Air Serbia will not reasonably accommodate you in case of delays or cancellations and they do not have good customer service.

Forgive me if I may be accusing you but a little bit you seem to have an axe to grind? All I am trying to do is feel comfortable with my booked trip on Air Serbia. I appreciate all input on this. Anyone that actually flew etc I don't want to land in Israel with no luggage for 3 weeks! Or some of the other issues mentioned in the reviews....

Offline KSMH

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 24, 2020, 05:23:17 PM »
Forgive me if I may be accusing you but a little bit you seem to have an axe to grind?

I do have an axe to grind! I was forced to buy a last  minute ticket after Air Serbia failed to accommodate PAX after cancelation, there is nothing wrong of making you aware; if something were to go wrong you might have to shell out some $$$. I don't mean to scare you, your seat might actually be comfortable but it doesnt change the facts. You get what you pay for and in this case you are getting the risk of an inconvenience incase of any delay/cancellation.....

Offline Dovdovmoneytree

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 24, 2020, 05:37:20 PM »
I do have an axe to grind! I was forced to buy a last  minute ticket after Air Serbia failed to accommodate PAX after cancelation, there is nothing wrong of making you aware; if something were to go wrong you might have to shell out some $$$. I don't mean to scare you, your seat might actually be comfortable but it doesnt change the facts. You get what you pay for and in this case you are getting the risk of an inconvenience incase of any delay/cancellation.....

No! Of course there is nothing wrong with you making people aware! That is precisely what I am asking for here and why I posted this. It just sounded like you were being sarcastic but you were not mentioning any personal experiences.....

I'm worried about delays (I land 5:15 PM Thursday evening in NY. All I need is a significant delay to really mess me up)
Worried about cancellations, lost luggage, damaged luggage etc etc and worst of all-  online reviews say there is noone to talk to, zero customer service.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Air Serbia NYC-TLV, Add Your Name To The Wiki For Minyan/Trips!
« Reply #90 on: February 24, 2020, 05:39:22 PM »
No! Of course there is nothing wrong with you making people aware! That is precisely what I am asking for here and why I posted this. It just sounded like you were being sarcastic but you were not mentioning any personal experiences.....

I'm worried about delays (I land 5:15 PM Thursday evening in NY. All I need is a significant delay to really mess me up)
Worried about cancellations, lost luggage, damaged luggage etc etc and worst of all-  online reviews say there is noone to talk to, zero customer service.
Same as every airline. Spend time worrying if you want, but it'll do you no good.

Offline Danfan+

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 24, 2020, 05:41:07 PM »
What does PAX mean? Does the insurance pay you back the last minute ticket?

Offline Dovdovmoneytree

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 24, 2020, 05:42:29 PM »
Same as every airline. Spend time worrying if you want, but it'll do you no good.

I can still cancel and not worry  ;)

Online flyingace

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 24, 2020, 05:42:40 PM »
FWIW. I think it's wise to be aware of all that can go wrong and to plan accordingly; don't pack expensive stuff, use minimal carry ons to avoid being fleeced, etc. And be prepared that you might be delayed... It's when people have expectations that aren't met that they tend to get really upset. Don't expect full price service and you should be fine.

Offline Dovdovmoneytree

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 24, 2020, 05:43:05 PM »
For the benefit of all -I sent a message to the Chabad in Belgrade inquiring on the airline. The response

Hi.
Air Serbia it’s a great company and they great Service.
I fly with them a lot also to New York and only good I can tel about them

All the best
Yehoshua
« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 05:48:37 PM by Dovdovmoneytree »

Offline Danfan+

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 24, 2020, 05:45:31 PM »
Started a Wiki, add your flights and stopover times to organize minyanim and more!
How do i add my dates into the Wiki? I don't see how to edit.

Offline Dovdovmoneytree

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 24, 2020, 06:02:18 PM »
How do i add my dates into the Wiki? I don't see how to edit.

Up on top of this page. Click on + sign next to wiki then on Edit

Offline KSMH

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 24, 2020, 08:04:56 PM »
What does PAX mean? Does the insurance pay you back the last minute ticket?
PAX = Pasenger

Most CC insurances wont pay for airline schedule changes.
No need to worry but its healthy to be aware, think AA. And JU is worse then many.

Offline greatdeals

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 24, 2020, 08:14:22 PM »
 I booked tickets for a friend they are not on dansdeals so I guess I can't add them to the wiki

Offline grodnoking

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 24, 2020, 08:33:29 PM »
I booked tickets for a friend they are not on dansdeals so I guess I can't add them to the wiki
The answers to the questions are:
June
Chase

I'm sure he can come up with a username and password himself.
I'm not who you think I am.