1.3 Acres - Great US/Canada dashboard
Worldometers - Includes demographics data and much more
John Hopkins
https://91-divoc.com/pages/covid-visualization/

Live updates:
BNO Twitter
NY Times
https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/coronavirus?mod=theme_coronavirus-ribbon
Reddit boards- Coronavirus, China_Flu, Wuhan_Flu (more rumors/unverified content allowed)

Educational Articles:
WSJ - What we know about the Coronavirus
Infographics from SCMP (out of date, a lot still relevant)

Relief Roundup:
Chai+1
« Last edited by Joel on July 19, 2021, 01:49:19 AM »

Author Topic: COVID-19 (Wuhan Novel Coronavirus) Pandemic Master Thread  (Read 580197 times)

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Kobe Bryant

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
Re: COVID-19 (Wuhan Novel Coronavirus) Pandemic Master Thread
« Reply #3301 on: August 31, 2020, 09:15:15 AM »
Indoor dining will be allowed to resume in New Jersey with a 25 percent capacity limit beginning on Friday, Gov. Phil Murphy announced on Monday.

Indoor dining was expected to return with limited capacity in July, state officials decided to "pause" the reopening due to an uptick in cases in other states that allowed indoor dining.

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #3302 on: August 31, 2020, 09:26:08 AM »

Amazing how these reopenings all manage to be just in time for holiday weekends. I'm sure that it was totally driven by science.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Euclid

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3303 on: August 31, 2020, 09:26:45 AM »
Amazing how these reopenings all manage to be just in time for holiday weekends. I'm sure that it was totally driven by science.
Economic science.

Offline Kobe Bryant

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #3304 on: August 31, 2020, 10:13:26 AM »
Economic science.
If Economic Science was a factor, things would have looked very different a long time ago.

Online avromie7

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3305 on: August 31, 2020, 12:02:27 PM »
Some members' obsession with frum people and masks remind me of a member who got banned for his obsession with people who don't daven with a minyan while on vacation.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #3306 on: August 31, 2020, 12:31:15 PM »
Some members' obsession with frum people and masks remind me of a member who got banned for his obsession with people who don't daven with a minyan while on vacation.

Yes, it's uncanny. Exactly the same.  ::)

My obsession is not limited to the frum community. I've complained about the lack of a national mandate, as well as the lack of usage among certain segments of the wider American population in general and among Floridians specifically.

The obsession is based on medical science and anecdotal observations. Where there is a lack of mask wearing, an increase in Covid cases is sure to follow. This has been observed in FL in particular, which has seen unprecedented spread over the summer, and around the country. It is mind boggling to see people ignore the data, and it is devastating to see the repercussions play out in real time.

To use our beloved car analogy, DUI checkpoints don't prevent people from driving drunk. They do prevent some of those drivers from causing harm to others. Are they annoying? Absolutely. That doesn't mean they don't save lives, and it definitely doesn't make them unnecessary. Some members' obsession with personal comfort over public safety reminds me of people who insist it's fine to drink and drive and everyone else should mind their own business.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline yaakov35

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3307 on: August 31, 2020, 03:13:46 PM »
Yup, and even tho they clearly see how overall it doesn't have a meaningful impact ie florida, ny, nj they'll still keep yelling. Sad.
I think people overall just enjoy hating on other people. Probably one of the worst things that came out of covid, is the normalization of cruelty and viciousness to prove a point.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 03:37:40 PM by yaakov35 »

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #3308 on: August 31, 2020, 03:17:59 PM »
Yup, and even tho they clearly see how overall it doesn't have a meaningful impact ie florida, ny, nj they'll still keep yelling. Sad.

Do you think before you type? All 3 of those places saw a decrease in spread as masks became more prevalent. But keep on channeling Trump. "Sad."

Online yelped

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #3309 on: August 31, 2020, 03:24:54 PM »
Wow.

Offline yaakov35

• View Profile
« Reply #3310 on: August 31, 2020, 03:25:57 PM »
Do you think before you type? All 3 of those places saw a decrease in spread as masks became more prevalent. But keep on channeling Trump. "Sad."
Masks are more prevalent? Idk where you live but florida didn't and still does not have masks prevalent outside miami. Same for ny/nj. In stores been mandatory since April, besides that there hasn't been change. I'm not saying that overall they don't help. On a personal level it may very well protect you from covid.  But to think masks  will make or break a spread on a communal level is pure stupidity. Look Hawaii, Ohio, open up your eyes and stop being a .

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #3311 on: August 31, 2020, 03:37:15 PM »
Masks are more prevalent? Idk where you live but florida didn't and still does not have masks prevalent outside miami. Same for ny/nj. In stores been mandatory since April, besides that there hasn't been change. I'm not saying that overall they don't help. On a personal level it may very well protect you from covid.  But to think masks  will make or break a spread on a communal level is pure stupidity. Look Hawaii, Ohio, open up your eyes and stop being a .

I find it amazing how you manage to post information like it's firsthand from locations all over North America. FYI, in most places in FL, local mask mandates were established and mask usage became widespread, aside from a few pockets of 'Murica freedom radicals. I can't speak firsthand for NY/NJ, but from media and anecdotes here and elsewhere, it seems like mask usage is quite prevalent outside of the frum communities.

Masks are not a cure. They are not a magic bullet. They will not stop Covid. They WILL slow the spread and lessen the severity of infection. You say, "I'm not saying that overall they don't help," yet you make sure to take a stand against their usage at every opportunity on here. What's your point? They help, but don't be a sheep? Kind of like we should reassess when the cases rise, but don't ever change anything?

Online avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3312 on: August 31, 2020, 03:42:29 PM »
When I was in Orlando a few weeks ago, masks were nearly as prevalent as in NJ. That being said, there were definitely other areas where masks aren't as prevalent for example Tampa.

I suspect the masks may be siman not a sibah, masks became prevalent when people started taking other measures like staying home and social distancing.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline yaakov35

• View Profile
« Reply #3313 on: August 31, 2020, 03:44:02 PM »

I find it amazing how you manage to post information like it's firsthand from locations all over North America. FYI, in most places in FL, local mask mandates were established and mask usage became widespread, aside from a few pockets of 'Murica freedom radicals. I can't speak firsthand for NY/NJ, but from media and anecdotes here and elsewhere, it seems like mask usage is quite prevalent outside of the frum communities.

Masks are not a cure. They are not a magic bullet. They will not stop Covid. They WILL slow the spread and lessen the severity of infection. You say, "I'm not saying that overall they don't help," yet you make sure to take a stand against their usage at every opportunity on here. What's your point? They help, but don't be a sheep? Kind of like we should reassess when the cases rise, but don't ever change anything?

My family lives in all 3 of those locations so that's how I know about those 3.... have you seen nyc? The block parties? Pool parties? And I rarely say anything anti mask. I wear a mask in every store I go to. I don't really think it'll help but that's the respectful thing to do so I do. But on large scale I do not think they have a meaningful impact. Take a look at the world and all the covid resurgences. And yes I think sitting here on ddf yelling at people to wear a mask is being a

Offline yaakov35

• View Profile
« Reply #3314 on: August 31, 2020, 03:50:12 PM »
When I was in Orlando a few weeks ago, masks were nearly as prevalent as in NJ. That being said, there were definitely other areas where masks aren't as prevalent for example Tampa.

I suspect the masks may be siman not a sibah, masks became prevalent when people started taking other measures like staying home and social distancing.
Point was there was a huge wave in miami even though masks were mandated since April. And covid came and went. You can't argue that regardless of what people did or didn't do, it infected numerous people regardless of precautions taken. Places like miami and orlando got hit plenty hard even tho people wore masks.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #3316 on: September 01, 2020, 08:23:19 PM »
Dr. Scott Atlas may prove to be the biggest mistake this administration has made during this pandemic.

Offline neveryou

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3317 on: September 01, 2020, 08:36:16 PM »

So if masks slow the spread, we shouldn't need to wear in NY bc the spread has slowed down
(Do you really think the wearing the masks in NY is why corona is really low there)

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #3318 on: September 01, 2020, 09:36:44 PM »
So if masks slow the spread, we shouldn't need to wear in NY bc the spread has slowed down
(Do you really think the wearing the masks in NY is why corona is really low there)
Honest question. Do you believe the following statement: On average, a person infected with COVID-19 will infect fewer people if he wears a mask while in contact with others.
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline neveryou

• View Profile
« Reply #3319 on: September 01, 2020, 11:17:21 PM »
Honest question. Do you believe the following statement: On average, a person infected with COVID-19 will infect fewer people if he wears a mask while in contact with others.
Do you think that everybody has Corona right now and bc of that we all have to wear masks?