1.3 Acres - Great US/Canada dashboard
Worldometers - Includes demographics data and much more
John Hopkins
https://91-divoc.com/pages/covid-visualization/

Live updates:
BNO Twitter
NY Times
https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/coronavirus?mod=theme_coronavirus-ribbon
Reddit boards- Coronavirus, China_Flu, Wuhan_Flu (more rumors/unverified content allowed)

Educational Articles:
WSJ - What we know about the Coronavirus
Infographics from SCMP (out of date, a lot still relevant)

Relief Roundup:
Chai+1
« Last edited by Joel on July 19, 2021, 01:49:19 AM »

Author Topic: COVID-19 (Wuhan Novel Coronavirus) Pandemic Master Thread  (Read 580190 times)

Offline ilherman

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
Re: COVID-19 (Wuhan Novel Coronavirus) Pandemic Master Thread
« Reply #2100 on: April 26, 2020, 02:56:12 PM »
Come on, man!  :)
He is the president of US. Words matter. You have plenty of things to defend him on but this isn't one of them.
He asked a question to his team to look into injecting disinfectant. That was completely insane.
If you would like to continue this nonsense:  https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=113857.0
No time for that thread now.. Will respond briefly here.  Not gonna clog up this thread any more with this non sesne.

Facts matter. The media is saying that Trump said to do XYZ. He did not. Period. He throw it in as a question. And he said CLEARLY, I am not a doctor and I am leaving it up to the doctors.

I am not defending it. Maybe it was a mistake for him to even ask the question becasue as you said, as POTUS, words matter.

But remember that facts matter as well. You gotta be precise on what he said. For context watch the entire clip.

Again, he never said do XYZ.
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Offline ilherman

• View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: April 26, 2020, 03:05:15 PM »
Something is not right... As much as we are saying that we don't know yet, we probably know even less....

I had strong covid symptoms for about a week. I was exposed to my wife during that week. I mean, really really exposed... She had some back pain for 2 days a week after that but was never tested for covid. I was like, there is no way in the world she did not get it.

Today her antibody test came back. She is negative. She never had it. Are there certain people who due to their blood type or something else, won't get it?

Offline Kobe Bryant

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: April 26, 2020, 03:07:42 PM »
No time for that thread now.. Will respond briefly here.  Not gonna clog up this thread any more with this non sesne.

Facts matter. The media is saying that Trump said to do XYZ. He did not. Period. He throw it in as a question. And he said CLEARLY, I am not a doctor and I am leaving it up to the doctors.

I am not defending it. Maybe it was a mistake for him to even ask the question becasue as you said, as POTUS, words matter.

But remember that facts matter as well. You gotta be precise on what he said. For context watch the entire clip.

The MSM know as much, its all about setting up a narrative.

Online CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #2103 on: April 26, 2020, 03:13:09 PM »

Yes facts matter and here is what I said:
"He asked a question to his team to look into injecting disinfectant. That was completely insane."
Her is what he asked his team:
"I see the disinfectant knocks it out in a minute, one minute. Is there a way we can do something like that? By injection, inside or almost a cleaning? Cause you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it'd be interesting to check that. You're gonna have to use medical doctors, right? But it sounds interesting to me."

Now you want to try and dispute the exact quotes like he did by when he said it was sarcastic question to the reporter?

Look you want to defend him that is find. There are 100+ different things you can defend him on. Don't do it subjects like this because you lose all credibility.
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: April 26, 2020, 03:17:32 PM »
You may not like WebMD or Sidell, but there is loads of truth to the fact that they were mistreating the disease based on faulty data.

There is also a lot of talk that patients were not getting PTN, which is basic nutrition because the hospital was just not equipped to give 200 patients a day individualized dietary care. The dieticians, PTs, OTs that are required for keeping vent patients alive were not doing anything. Stories of patients starving to death are not far fetched.

There was a colossal mess up in preparation for this. Besides the facts that the disease was being improperly treated.

They created protocols that required ventilation when there was no need or they could have waited to ventilate. They shied away from C-pap and bi-pap when they should have utilized them more. I know of one case where the patient was on C-pap at home for 3 weeks and only went to hospital when there was no choice due to clotting issues. It will all come out eventually.   

A lot of interesting ideas and I’m not denying any of them. All I’m saying is I didn’t watch it because I don’t trust the source, I’m getting enough misinformation already that I need to reduce my intake.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline ilherman

• View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: April 26, 2020, 03:23:00 PM »
Yes facts matter and here is what I said:
"He asked a question to his team to look into injecting disinfectant. That was completely insane."
Her is what he asked his team:
"I see the disinfectant knocks it out in a minute, one minute. Is there a way we can do something like that? By injection, inside or almost a cleaning? Cause you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it'd be interesting to check that. You're gonna have to use medical doctors, right? But it sounds interesting to me."

Now you want to try and dispute the exact quotes like he did by when he said it was sarcastic question to the reporter?

Look you want to defend him that is find. There are 100+ different things you can defend him on. Don't do it subjects like this because you lose all credibility.
Okay, sorry we agree. I was responding to the MSNBC article that someone posted. Trump suggests injecting lysol..

That does not match up with the facts.

Online CountValentine

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #2106 on: April 26, 2020, 03:37:16 PM »
Okay, sorry we agree. I was responding to the MSNBC article that someone posted. Trump suggests injecting lysol..

That does not match up with the facts.
I seen that and will call them out as being dishonest. He never said that.
We need to separate the taking heads from those actually reporting the news.
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline yochiek93

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: April 26, 2020, 06:03:26 PM »
You may not like WebMD or Sidell, but there is loads of truth to the fact that they were mistreating the disease based on faulty data.

There is also a lot of talk that patients were not getting PTN, which is basic nutrition because the hospital was just not equipped to give 200 patients a day individualized dietary care. The dieticians, PTs, OTs that are required for keeping vent patients alive were not doing anything. Stories of patients starving to death are not far fetched.
I'm going to skip answering on this part not to start a whole rukus on another thread.

There was a colossal mess up in preparation for this. Besides the facts that the disease was being improperly treated.

They created protocols that required ventilation when there was no need or they could have waited to ventilate. They shied away from C-pap and bi-pap when they should have utilized them more. I know of one case where the patient was on C-pap at home for 3 weeks and only went to hospital when there was no choice due to clotting issues. It will all come out eventually.   
most definitely true at least in the beginning however once they realized people are mentating well even with a low SPO2 they are holding off intubating until the pt can no longer breath on their own. Are there a lot of unknowns? Yes, is it possible to treat differently? Most definitely but what exactly should be done is not really known at the moment.

Offline neveryou

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile

Offline Barryg

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile

Offline neveryou

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: April 27, 2020, 12:46:45 AM »
Their next article is... https://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/article/964761/16
I can post plenty of other sites that are reporting it

Offline ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #2113 on: April 27, 2020, 01:32:03 PM »
Here's a (somewhat) tough question:

My mother apparently fell and bumped her head today in the facility (in EY) where she stays. She seems perfectly OK, but SOP beyond age 75 is to send for a CT scan whenever there's an accidental bump to the head.

The facility has been in total lockdown since February, with no visitors allowed (there was some easing announced this week, where outdoor visits under certain restrictions would be permitted) and has BH kept everyone healthy.

She seems perfectly OK, so there's fear of COVID-19 exposure by taking her to the ER for a CT scan. OTOH, the possibility of internal bleeding is a different type of scare, which is why the SOP is a CT scan whenever there's an accidental bump to the head at that age. An option to delay the CT while observing her closely in the facility was also brought up, but that would entail stopping blood thinners (aspirin) which creates a different risk.

What does one do?
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline Iz

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: April 27, 2020, 01:36:51 PM »

My mother apparently fell and bumped her head today in the facility (in EY) where she stays. She seems perfectly OK, but SOP beyond age 75 is to send for a CT scan whenever there's an accidental bump to the head.

The facility has been in total lockdown since February, with no visitors allowed (there was some easing announced this week, where outdoor visits under certain restrictions would be permitted) and has BH kept everyone healthy.

She seems perfectly OK, so there's fear of COVID-19 exposure by taking her to the ER for a CT scan. OTOH, the possibility of internal bleeding is a different type of scare, which is why the SOP is a CT scan whenever there's an accidental bump to the head at that age. An option to delay the CT while observing her closely in the facility was also brought up, but that would entail stopping blood thinners (aspirin) which creates a different risk.

What does one do?
Consult a dr and say Tehilim. Please post name.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #2115 on: April 27, 2020, 02:22:17 PM »

What does one do?
I'd assume you need to go in, but start with a call to her PCP.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline simple26

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: April 27, 2020, 03:04:03 PM »

What does one do?
Are  there out patient facility like in the US ?
I know someone that went here the other week was the only patient there nurses were roaming around bored

Offline ckmk47

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: April 27, 2020, 03:11:53 PM »
I'd assume you need to go in, but start with a call to her PCP.
The risk of covid infection in a hospital is high.  She's in a high risk group.
The chance of a brain bleed is small, but real.
Close monitoring may be the better option.
Definitely call her PCP.
My favorite cause: cssy.org

Online etech0

• View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
« Reply #2118 on: April 27, 2020, 03:24:11 PM »
If she goes to the hospital will her facility let her back? Or will she be stuck in the hospital which may not be the best place to be, for a long time?
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Online flyingace

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: April 27, 2020, 04:55:57 PM »
Can someone explain to me why it's taking New Jersey so long to pull its act together? The stuff Murphy's talking about- Israel's been doing for weeks already. What was he doing for the last five weeks?!