1.3 Acres - Great US/Canada dashboard
Worldometers - Includes demographics data and much more
John Hopkins
https://91-divoc.com/pages/covid-visualization/

Live updates:
BNO Twitter
NY Times
https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/coronavirus?mod=theme_coronavirus-ribbon
Reddit boards- Coronavirus, China_Flu, Wuhan_Flu (more rumors/unverified content allowed)

Educational Articles:
WSJ - What we know about the Coronavirus
Infographics from SCMP (out of date, a lot still relevant)

Relief Roundup:
Chai+1
« Last edited by Joel on July 19, 2021, 01:49:19 AM »

Author Topic: COVID-19 (Wuhan Novel Coronavirus) Pandemic Master Thread  (Read 580099 times)

Offline Kobe Bryant

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
Re: COVID-19 (Wuhan Novel Coronavirus) Pandemic Master Thread
« Reply #2220 on: April 30, 2020, 02:20:37 PM »
Dress clothing from Shabbos and the holidays. Also shirts. Obviously bringing in necessities, but haven't sent to the cleaners in a looong time.

The situation is not going to change drastically in the immediate future , so if you aren't in a risk group and i were in your shoes, i would calculate the risk of contracting Covid19 and going about my daily life or Sheltering in place till .....and going to the extreme and sanitizing everything that enters my home and what quality of life that may be .

Offline Galitzyaner

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: April 30, 2020, 02:26:06 PM »
Interesting study out of Switzerland that healthy children under 10 cannot spread Covid-19; something to do with them not having the receptors. Based on this their government is allowing (or planning to allow?) children (without symptoms) under 10 to come in close contact to/hug their grandparents for short periods of time.

But like everything else these days, much like the antibodies, there's "too many unknowns" for others to accept this study bla bla.

Looking for a link to this? Google it and choose the link with a headline that's closest to your narrative.

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #2222 on: April 30, 2020, 02:34:00 PM »
Interesting study out of Switzerland that healthy children under 10 cannot spread Covid-19; something to do with them not having the receptors. Based on this their government is allowing (or planning to allow?) children (without symptoms) under 10 to come in close contact to/hug their grandparents for short periods of time.

But like everything else these days, much like the antibodies, there's "too many unknowns" for others to accept this study bla bla.

Looking for a link to this? Google it and choose the link with a headline that's closest to your narrative.
If true, this would be fantastic. Then again, there is a strong link between countries that shut schools early and deaths. That might just be correlation, though.
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline Kobe Bryant

• View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: April 30, 2020, 02:34:13 PM »
I’m glad you are positive beyond the shadow of a doubt based on a couple of unconfirmed studies. I’m not saying you’re necessarily wrong, but once again, you’re using language like “no question” when most evidence points to it being well above .5.

Please tell me, what is the fatality rate for flu?

I am entitled to my opinion, not sure why you care what i think.
Either way its based on common sense, for every person i know who went and tested positive, i know of 35 who have had and haven't gotten tested.  and every study done in the US ( From CA to NY and some other studies) confirm what many of us have been saying for a while.
would love for anyone to point out where "most evidence" points to the contrary.
Not sure what the Flu has to do with this.

Offline Yard sale

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: April 30, 2020, 02:41:54 PM »
Looks like people are starting to have had enough. First the rationale for shutting the N.J. economy and locking people up was to “flatten the curve” so the healthcare system wouldn’t be overwhelmed. Now that it is clear that there isn’t a shortage of vents or beds even in places that haven’t shut down, and the risk of N.J. running out of vents is basically nil, the goalpost was changed. Now we have to shut down because we don’t have contact tracing and elimination is the new pie-in-the-sky goal before we can reopen. People are losing patience.

https://veltnews.com/no-shul-for-a-year-nj-governor-murphy-flip-flops-on-lockdown/

« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 02:45:19 PM by Yard sale »

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #2225 on: April 30, 2020, 03:02:55 PM »
I am entitled to my opinion, not sure why you care what i think.
Either way its based on common sense, for every person i know who went and tested positive, i know of 35 who have had and haven't gotten tested.  and every study done in the US ( From CA to NY and some other studies) confirm what many of us have been saying for a while.
would love for anyone to point out where "most evidence" points to the contrary.
Not sure what the Flu has to do with this.
You’re bringing up fatality rates. What is the fatality rate of the flu? Answer and I’ll show you what it has to do with it.

Btw, .5 means 1 in 200 people who get the virus will die. Not be hospitalized, incubated, ruined lungs. DIE.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #2226 on: April 30, 2020, 03:04:05 PM »
Looks like people are starting to have had enough. First the rationale for shutting the N.J. economy and locking people up was to “flatten the curve” so the healthcare system wouldn’t be overwhelmed. Now that it is clear that there isn’t a shortage of vents or beds even in places that haven’t shut down, and the risk of N.J. running out of vents is basically nil, the goalpost was changed. Now we have to shut down because we don’t have contact tracing and elimination is the new pie-in-the-sky goal before we can reopen. People are losing patience.

https://veltnews.com/no-shul-for-a-year-nj-governor-murphy-flip-flops-on-lockdown/
You mean people in Lakewood? Or the State/country?

Offline flyingace

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: April 30, 2020, 03:05:02 PM »
It's not just that people had enough it's that he has no clue. If he had some rational basis for a plan people would go with it longer. I was really thrown for a loop at his press conference.

Offline Yard sale

• View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: April 30, 2020, 03:12:16 PM »
You mean people in Lakewood? Or the State/country?

Lakewood got hit early. There was a lot of caution and compliance while most people had family members, neighbors, and friends who were feeling unwell. Roads were literally empty and streets were eerily desolate. Now that it has largely resolved in Lakewood in terms of new cases you are seeing a different attitude. Lots of traffic, and  streets full of people meeting and greeting on shabbos. There was a lively bar mitzvah mazel tov event at a house nearby with a bunch of guys walking in and singing on the sidewalk. I actually started seeing a few people without masks in stores that tolerate it and many with masks not covering the nose or only partially covering the mouth as they seem to just be making a token effort to wear the obligatory mask. I think you will see the same dynamic elsewhere as the things play out similarly albeit on a later timeline.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 03:15:26 PM by Yard sale »

Offline Iz

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: April 30, 2020, 03:14:53 PM »
I was really thrown for a loop at his press conference.
What did he say?

Offline flyingace

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: April 30, 2020, 03:18:46 PM »
It's what he didn't say. No plan in place for anything...

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #2231 on: April 30, 2020, 03:25:30 PM »

That site makes YWN look like the paper of record. The interview he is quoting from is from 2 weeks ago.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Yard sale

• View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: April 30, 2020, 03:40:12 PM »
That site makes YWN look like the paper of record. The interview he is quoting from is from 2 weeks ago.

You are right. Didn’t catch that.

Offline ckmk47

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: April 30, 2020, 07:45:57 PM »

Will they be careful about the parents of those children under 10?  Will the adult children of the old people not bring the virus to their parents?
My favorite cause: cssy.org

Offline Kobe Bryant

• View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: April 30, 2020, 07:58:37 PM »
Will they be careful about the parents of those children under 10?  Will the adult children of the old people not bring the virus to their parents?

Are you asking if the parents are going to send it with a bow tie as a gift, with the children who can't pass it on to anyone else?

Offline ckmk47

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2235 on: April 30, 2020, 08:15:33 PM »
Are you asking if the parents are going to send it with a bow tie as a gift, with the children who can't pass it on to anyone else?
Who's bringing a kid under 10 to his 60 year old grandmother?  the 32 year old daughter.  She'd better be careful not to pass covid to her mother as she delivers her kids.  Has the kids' mother been careful sith the clothing she dressed her kid in?  What about the gift of chocolates they bring? etc.
Basically, I think it's great for the grandparents to get the visit, but it has to be done carefully, thoughtfully, for it to be done safely.
My favorite cause: cssy.org

Offline Kobe Bryant

• View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: April 30, 2020, 09:02:09 PM »
Who's bringing a kid under 10 to his 60 year old grandmother?  the 32 year old daughter.  She'd better be careful not to pass covid to her mother as she delivers her kids.  Has the kids' mother been careful sith the clothing she dressed her kid in?  What about the gift of chocolates they bring? etc.
Basically, I think it's great for the grandparents to get the visit, but it has to be done carefully, thoughtfully, for it to be done safely.

Is the 60 year old grandmother careful when she receives her grocery delivery from the 32 YO delivery guy?

Online etech0

• View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
« Reply #2237 on: April 30, 2020, 09:02:25 PM »
Is the 60 year old grandmother careful when she receives her grocery delivery from the 32 YO delivery guy?
Mine is
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline CountValentine

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #2238 on: April 30, 2020, 09:02:50 PM »
They claim we reach our peak. What numbers are they looking at?
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #2239 on: April 30, 2020, 09:10:08 PM »

Why wouldn't she be? How many DDFers have posted about the precautions they take before bringing things into their houses?
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.