1.3 Acres - Great US/Canada dashboard
Worldometers - Includes demographics data and much more
John Hopkins
https://91-divoc.com/pages/covid-visualization/

Live updates:
BNO Twitter
NY Times
https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/coronavirus?mod=theme_coronavirus-ribbon
Reddit boards- Coronavirus, China_Flu, Wuhan_Flu (more rumors/unverified content allowed)

Educational Articles:
WSJ - What we know about the Coronavirus
Infographics from SCMP (out of date, a lot still relevant)

Relief Roundup:
Chai+1
« Last edited by Joel on July 19, 2021, 01:49:19 AM »

Author Topic: COVID-19 (Wuhan Novel Coronavirus) Pandemic Master Thread  (Read 580603 times)

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
Re: COVID-19 (Wuhan Novel Coronavirus) Pandemic Master Thread
« Reply #2560 on: May 11, 2020, 11:15:53 AM »
Also, a very large portion (most?) actually had a positive test.
A large portion of the community got tested for antibodies (using reliable tests) and had positive results? Even those who never had symptoms? And please don’t tell me “everyone had symptoms”
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #2561 on: May 11, 2020, 11:17:44 AM »
Just don’t try to use it to prove antibody levels in the broader community. They only tested people who opted in and had symptoms. It’s not a representative sample
It was only people who strongly believed they had had it, factoring in symptoms, exposures, and in many cases tests, so of course we can’t extrapolate to the broad community in any way but it does go a ways toward showing that most people who did have it indeed developed antibodies, which is really encouraging and comes on top of other evidence of that being the case as well.
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #2562 on: May 11, 2020, 11:20:09 AM »
A large portion of the community got tested for antibodies (using reliable tests) and had positive results? Even those who never had symptoms? And please don’t tell me “everyone had symptoms”
I think he means the ones in this drive. They were very specifically only asking for those who believed they had antibodies based on symptoms and exposure, as this was not a test for personal use but as a screener to see if they can donate plasma. These were the super-accurate tests so the numbers shouldn’t be too off with false results either.

Offline Jerseysteve

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy

Offline flyingace

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2566 on: May 11, 2020, 11:08:49 PM »
https://www.wlwt.com/article/antibody-testing-reveals-covid-19-has-been-in-ohio-since-january-health-officials-say/32438290

Based on antibody levels? They’re still going up 4 months later?

ETA: I read this now and I’m skeptical. Onset of symptoms could have been an undiagnosed flu...
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline Baruch

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2567 on: May 11, 2020, 11:20:29 PM »
There's a 40 year old woman in Lakewood (my neighbor) that nearly died in late December, the doctors were baffled. They recently called her and told her that they're fairly confident she had Covid, because her whole situation is consistent with what they see now with Covid.

Offline Onefishtwofish

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2568 on: May 12, 2020, 07:32:42 AM »

Offline Yard sale

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2569 on: May 12, 2020, 09:33:10 AM »
https://crownheights.info/communal-matters/705137/covid-19-update-for-the-crown-heights-community-28-crown-heights-by-the-numbers/

Dr Rosen is the best. Providing updates and clarity to the crown heights community.

We need more like him in other communities. He makes a good point. At whatever point many seniors reach the breaking point, and give up and exit their isolation, we NEED to make sure that the younger population does so some time earlier, to give as much herd immunity as possible before the most vulnerable and non exposed population comes out.

I have a friend in Toronto who tells me his older parents have had enough and started venturing out. Anecdotally starting to hear the same in other communities. Not a smart idea. I’m all for ending the quarantines but not in this fashion. Have those in the younger population who have been careful about quarantining and are still susceptible come out first, and only then let the elderly and compromised population relax their guard.

Offline Afrages6

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2570 on: May 12, 2020, 09:57:08 AM »
We need more like him in other communities. He makes a good point. At whatever point many seniors reach the breaking point, and give up and exit their isolation, we NEED to make sure that the younger population does so some time earlier, to give as much herd immunity as possible before the most vulnerable and non exposed population comes out.

I have a friend in Toronto who tells me his older parents have had enough and started venturing out. Anecdotally starting to hear the same in other communities. Not a smart idea. I’m all for ending the quarantines but not in this fashion. Have those in the younger population who have been careful about quarantining and are still susceptible come out first, and only then let the elderly and compromised population relax their guard.
It’s very clear that there is no good exit plan from all of this unfortunately.

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #2571 on: May 12, 2020, 10:24:20 AM »

Thi accentuates the importance of publicly discussing plans to unwind and not giving vagaries. There are many reasons people can feel that it is safe for them to relax and some of them are legitimate. In order to prevent it from being taken to far communication of a roadmap is needed.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Kobe Bryant

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #2572 on: May 12, 2020, 10:55:28 AM »
looking more and more like those who called for lifting the lockdown for those with antibodies and the younger population with no preexisting conditions were ahead of the curve.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2573 on: May 12, 2020, 11:01:35 AM »
https://crownheights.info/communal-matters/705137/covid-19-update-for-the-crown-heights-community-28-crown-heights-by-the-numbers/

Dr Rosen is the best. Providing updates and clarity to the crown heights community.

They’re reporting antibody statistics for those who had symptoms and got tested, and are assuming that is reflective of the broader population. Sounds like a mistake to me.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2574 on: May 12, 2020, 11:10:32 AM »
They’re reporting antibody statistics for those who had symptoms and got tested, and are assuming that is reflective of the broader population. Sounds like a mistake to me.
Yup

This suggests that the vast majority of our community below age 65 has had a meaningful interaction with the virus, with the majority likely possessing antibodies. We would hope and suspect that most in this age group have some form of protection against the virus, at least in the short term.
Worse fake news than anything out of China
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline yaakov35

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2575 on: May 12, 2020, 11:22:52 AM »

Yup
Worse fake news than anything out of China
And u know that because....? 40 from guys in my office tested for antibodies and they all had. 50 guys from my shul and 49 had. Maybe you don't know everything?

Offline yelped

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: May 12, 2020, 11:27:31 AM »
And u know that because....? 40 from guys in my office tested for antibodies and they all had. 50 guys from my shul and 49 had. Maybe you don't know everything?
Try being a little more respectful, please.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2577 on: May 12, 2020, 12:01:50 PM »
Lol. One doesn't need any prior knowledge to know that this statement is completely fake and follows no logical pathway.
This suggests that the vast majority of our community below age 65 has had a meaningful interaction with the virus,
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline Kobe Bryant

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: May 12, 2020, 12:19:33 PM »

"On the other hand, among those who did have the illness (based on symptoms), it would appear that overall greater than 70% of them developed antibodies"
Unless im reading it wrong, many did not get tested for Covid19 and only had Symptoms.
I agree that it isn't reflective of the broader population, but one could argue that those same numbers would be reflected among the asymptomatic.

Offline shwarmabob

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2579 on: May 12, 2020, 12:22:36 PM »
Marines: Gyms across the Corps are starting to open, but with some limitations to help stem the spread of COVID-19