Author Topic: Hertz Stealing Points  (Read 1293 times)

Online yungermanchik

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: Previous Signatures: If you chapped hana'ah from a post, like it; You think you know the answers and things are the way they seem.. it just ain't so -The Rebbe from Lublin-
Hertz Stealing Points
« on: January 29, 2020, 02:30:25 PM »
Beware: Hertz is taking back bonus points earned years ago. They are claiming that they were awarded in error. I'm trying to get them back but I feel like I'm talking to a wall.
Small people talk about other people.
Average people talk about things
BIG PEOPLE TALK ABOUT IDEAS.

Offline username

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
  • Programs: ┌──────────────────┐ │───> Ữ₴ΣЯИΛΜӘ <─── │ └──────────────────┘
Re: Hertz Stealing Points
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2020, 06:58:54 PM »
Details please.
^^^

Online yungermanchik

• View Profile
  • Location: Previous Signatures: If you chapped hana'ah from a post, like it; You think you know the answers and things are the way they seem.. it just ain't so -The Rebbe from Lublin-
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2020, 07:20:31 PM »
Details please.
The details are as follows:
I got multiple emails from Hertz saying that my 4594 pts. are about to expire so I made a reservation using 750 pts.
I then got emails that I had 3844 which is the correct balance but when I checked on my account I only had 2226.
I chatted with a rep for A bit and they couldn't do anything and that I should call during business hours.
I did that and the phone rep couldn't do anything and said to send an email with my old emails attached.
I then did that and this was their response:

The bonus points were awarded in error on multiple rentals prior to the point balance statement. Hertz recently identified this error. Therefore, the bonus points were removed, as the rentals awarded this bonus did not qualify. Although we understand your frustration, we hope you can understand our stance on this matter. We have thoroughly audited your account to ensure your current 2,226 point balance is accurate.

Online yungermanchik

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2020, 08:15:01 PM »
B"h after a harshly worded response email back to them about how all my points were legit and they had no right to take them away, they were reinstated. This was their response:

Thank you for your recent response.
 I have further reviewed your inquiry. Due to your loyalty as a Hertz Gold Plus Rewards member, I have reinstated the 1,650 bonus points that were removed, as the points were awarded in error. Your current balance is 3,876 points. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused.
 If you have any other questions regarding the Hertz Gold Plus Rewards Program, you can call 1-888-999-4900, or send an email to 1awards@hertz.com.
 I appreciate your business and hope you will continue to use Hertz for all of your car rental needs.
Sincerely,
Lesley J.
Customer Correspondence Administrator

Offline shaulyaakov

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2020, 07:55:33 AM »
B"h after a harshly worded response email back to them about how all my points were legit and they had no right to take them away, they were reinstated. This was their response:

Thank you for your recent response.
 I have further reviewed your inquiry. Due to your loyalty as a Hertz Gold Plus Rewards member, I have reinstated the 1,650 bonus points that were removed, as the points were awarded in error. Your current balance is 3,876 points. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused.
 If you have any other questions regarding the Hertz Gold Plus Rewards Program, you can call 1-888-999-4900, or send an email to 1awards@hertz.com.
 I appreciate your business and hope you will continue to use Hertz for all of your car rental needs.
Sincerely,
Lesley J.
Customer Correspondence Administrator

We're the points awarded in error? If so, technically they were in the right.

Online yungermanchik

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2020, 02:23:10 PM »
No, it was a bonus offered on my account which I took advantage of.  Now, years later, they decided I wasn't eligible for the offer that they offered me.