Author Topic: United is so shaddy. I caught them  (Read 3725 times)

Offline metsgiantsfan

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
United is so shaddy. I caught them
« on: January 30, 2020, 10:34:38 AM »
 United is so shaddy and now my "theories" were witnessed with my very own eyes.  On Monday I tried purchasing a saver award business class ticket for 65k points.  The site said "6 tix remaining at this price". It was already midnight so I figured this flight is in 2+ months Im sure I can wait till morning and it will still be available, being that 6 tickets are still at this price. 6 hours later I checked and it was gone, all super saver awards were gone. The biz class was now 155k points. U questioned United how 6 tickets were sold being that I counted the open seats on seat map and the open seats match the number I counted earlier. I was told by the twitter team that the seat map doesnt always get selected at time of purchase and whoever purchased these seats didnt choose their seats yet.  I doubt it, but I'll go with that explanation.    Fast fwd to today.  Being that there is no saver award biz,and I am afraid all the rates will go up,  I selected prem economy, which was 101.5k points. (Pretty stinky considering biz class was 36k cheaper the other day) ..The prem economy price showed "5 seats remaining at this price".  I booked 1 seat for 101.5k and instantly after my ticket was filled, I checked the site and it went up to 160k+.  How is that possible if I purchased 1, and there were 5 remaining??..Ok maybe maybe someone else book simultaneously. Would be a crazy coincidence.   I called up United just now and canceled my ticket to see what would happen.. I reloaded the site and BOOM, its now back to 101.5k for prem economy and "5 seats remaining at this price"..  UNITED is playing games and advertising more is avail then really is and once a seat is purchased they are changing the prices.  This is what happened w my biz class  Im positive!  no way 6 seats were purchased between 1am-6am  i just saw this w my own eyes.. Anyone else have similair experience?  Should they be held liable for this? I totally feel cheated

Offline username

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
  • Programs: ┌──────────────────┐ │───> Ữ₴ΣЯИΛΜӘ <─── │ └──────────────────┘
« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 10:55:04 AM by username »
^^^

Offline mmgfarb

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Re: United is so shaddy. I caught them
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2020, 10:49:43 AM »
I just can't get over the word shaddy, I'm sorry.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline Yehuda57

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2020, 11:30:02 AM »
United so shaddy
I caught 'em deep in the wadi
Alone with no caddy
Sent 'em straight to the paddy
That's what you get, for being a baddy

United so shaddy

Offline Yehudaa

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 111
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2020, 11:37:54 AM »
I just can't get over the word shaddy, I'm sorry.
United so shaddy
Alone with no caddy

United so shaddy

Maybe he meant this?

Online ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2020, 12:27:09 PM »
United so shaddy
Alone with no caddy

United so shaddy

When are you posting this to Youtube with full lyrics, sound and a non-Jewish version of a music video #notYerakrak
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline Agoldsc1

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2020, 12:55:46 PM »
Speaking of United and Youtube, this immediately pops to mind:

Offline menachemd1

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2020, 01:17:07 PM »
United is so shaddy and now my "theories" were witnessed with my very own eyes.  On Monday I tried purchasing a saver award business class ticket for 65k points.  The site said "6 tix remaining at this price". It was already midnight so I figured this flight is in 2+ months Im sure I can wait till morning and it will still be available, being that 6 tickets are still at this price. 6 hours later I checked and it was gone, all super saver awards were gone. The biz class was now 155k points. U questioned United how 6 tickets were sold being that I counted the open seats on seat map and the open seats match the number I counted earlier. I was told by the twitter team that the seat map doesnt always get selected at time of purchase and whoever purchased these seats didnt choose their seats yet.  I doubt it, but I'll go with that explanation.    Fast fwd to today.  Being that there is no saver award biz,and I am afraid all the rates will go up,  I selected prem economy, which was 101.5k points. (Pretty stinky considering biz class was 36k cheaper the other day) ..The prem economy price showed "5 seats remaining at this price".  I booked 1 seat for 101.5k and instantly after my ticket was filled, I checked the site and it went up to 160k+.  How is that possible if I purchased 1, and there were 5 remaining??..Ok maybe maybe someone else book simultaneously. Would be a crazy coincidence.   I called up United just now and canceled my ticket to see what would happen.. I reloaded the site and BOOM, its now back to 101.5k for prem economy and "5 seats remaining at this price"..  UNITED is playing games and advertising more is avail then really is and once a seat is purchased they are changing the prices.  This is what happened w my biz class  Im positive!  no way 6 seats were purchased between 1am-6am  i just saw this w my own eyes.. Anyone else have similair experience?  Should they be held liable for this? I totally feel cheated
do you mind giving the date and route ?

Offline KSMH

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2020, 01:20:06 PM »

United like may others have a system in place to maximize the money they make. Surprise, Surprise.   If you book all 5 seats at once it would have been at the lower amount but once you booked one seat the demand for your route went up and UA will charge more. Makes sense?
Always praying for delayed baggage.

Offline metsgiantsfan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2020, 02:04:35 PM »
United like may others have a system in place to maximize the money they make. Surprise, Surprise.   If you book all 5 seats at once it would have been at the lower amount but once you booked one seat the demand for your route went up and UA will charge more. Makes sense?

I understand that..I only wanted to book 1. It said 5 seats remaining at this price. I booked one and then i refreshed for curiosity and the price went up dramatically and it said "4" remaining at the new price. When i canceled my ticket, it went back to 5 remaining at the lower price...   My whole issue is that I was going to book a biz class ticket for 90k and over night it changed to 155k when there were "6 avail". I bet 6 were not taken, they lie

Offline as2

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2020, 02:06:44 PM »
I understand that..I only wanted to book 1. It said 5 seats remaining at this price. I booked one and then i refreshed for curiosity and the price went up dramatically and it said "4" remaining at the new price. When i canceled my ticket, it went back to 5 remaining at the lower price...   My whole issue is that I was going to book a biz class ticket for 90k and over night it changed to 155k when there were "6 avail". I bet 6 were not taken, they lie
Think you missed his point. There was only one booking left at that price, but that booking could be made for up to 5 tickets. You made the booking for 1 ticket. Is it deceptive? Yes. It is SOP though.
Memories last forever, make them while you can.

Offline metsgiantsfan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2020, 02:11:24 PM »
Think you missed his point. There was only one booking left at that price, but that booking could be made for up to 5 tickets. You made the booking for 1 ticket. Is it deceptive? Yes. It is SOP though.

AHH i understand. IS there anyway to find out on the site how many "bookings" are remaining?

Offline chief_mag

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2020, 02:20:45 PM »

Offline KSMH

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2020, 02:28:28 PM »

I get what your saying.

Just FYI: You can always book and cancel with 24hr.

Always praying for delayed baggage.

Offline mmgfarb

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2020, 06:30:03 PM »
AHH i understand. IS there anyway to find out on the site how many "bookings" are remaining?
They can add or remove saver space whenever they want.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline motec bb

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2020, 07:48:31 AM »
Speaking of United and Youtube, this immediately pops to mind:
All time favorite

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2020, 08:02:31 AM »
All time favorite
Just wait until the United is Shaddy video is uploaded. It will break all records (no pun intended).
-- Dan

Offline Lou Bob

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2020, 08:37:45 AM »
They can add or remove saver space whenever they want.
that's so shaddy
Always use an Amex, you'll thank me one day.

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2020, 08:56:55 AM »
that's so shaddy
Indeed. Hence this thread.
-- Dan