Author Topic: Buyer beware- returning an Amazon promotional credit purchase  (Read 689 times)

Offline crunch

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Buyer beware- returning an Amazon promotional credit purchase
« on: February 03, 2020, 05:59:04 PM »
Just discovered that Amazon will not give you back promotional credit that you use to purchase an item. According to nearly two hours and four representative of varying managerial levels on Amazon, It doesn't matter if the item was  falsely represented (as mine was), stolen from your doorstep or even never delivered.  You will only get back that portion that was paid in an Amazon gift card or by credit card.  I just learned this the hard way when I hit "buy this again" on an item I really liked, only to find the quantity per purchase had changed.  I, (now I know, stupidly) boxed it up for return only to find that I had lost nearly $30 in promotional credit on the deal.  Before you return an item that is purchased via a promo credit, see if your amount returned is really worth it.

Offline ckmk47

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: Buyer beware- returning an Amazon promotional credit purchase
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 06:56:46 PM »
Thank you.
My favorite cause: cssy.org

Offline KSMH

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 07:00:39 PM »
Just discovered that Amazon will not give you back promotional credit that you use to purchase an item. According to nearly two hours and four representative of varying managerial levels on Amazon, It doesn't matter if the item was  falsely represented (as mine was), stolen from your doorstep or even never delivered.  You will only get back that portion that was paid in an Amazon gift card or by credit card.  I just learned this the hard way when I hit "buy this again" on an item I really liked, only to find the quantity per purchase had changed.  I, (now I know, stupidly) boxed it up for return only to find that I had lost nearly $30 in promotional credit on the deal.  Before you return an item that is purchased via a promo credit, see if your amount returned is really worth it.

Had it recently on an Item I never received and I never got a promotional credit back. 
Always praying for delayed baggage.

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2020, 07:08:14 PM »
Unfortunately been this way for awhile

Offline Joel

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 76
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hertz PC, Enterprise Platinum, Avis PC
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2020, 07:16:56 PM »
Not in my experience