Author Topic: US Politics/2020 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread  (Read 248531 times)

Offline zh cohen

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile

Offline Lurker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
Re: US Politics/2020 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread
« Reply #2401 on: October 15, 2020, 08:23:20 PM »
Ready to have your world rocked? The bedrock of your beliefs smashed to smithereens? Scully lied.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/c-span-suspends-steve-scully-indefinitely-after-he-admits-he-lied-about-his-twitter-being-hacked
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline YitzyS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: October 15, 2020, 10:11:06 PM »
Ready to have your world rocked? The bedrock of your beliefs smashed to smithereens? Scully lied.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/c-span-suspends-steve-scully-indefinitely-after-he-admits-he-lied-about-his-twitter-being-hacked
It's not a joke, though you are exaggerating a bit. I always had a tremendous reverence for C-span, though I still have a reverence for them. I don't believe that there is one smart person in America today that is wholly non-partisan. But I've been following C-span for a while and until this story, I had no idea which way any of their anchors leaned. That's impressive in today's society.

I still don't think Scully should be fired. If he worked for Biden, the Debate Commission should never have taken him as a moderator. But what he actually did was more stupid than unethical.

Offline Kobe Bryant

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: October 16, 2020, 01:02:57 AM »

Not really. Nothing new.
Same old MO. Pulling a Joy Reid. Tweeting instead of DMing can lead to these kind of things.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 02:29:44 AM by Kobe Bryant »

Offline zh cohen

• View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: October 16, 2020, 01:54:09 AM »
It's not a joke, though you are exaggerating a bit. I always had a tremendous reverence for C-span, though I still have a reverence for them. I don't believe that there is one smart person in America today that is wholly non-partisan. But I've been following C-span for a while and until this story, I had no idea which way any of their anchors leaned. That's impressive in today's society.

I still don't think Scully should be fired. If he worked for Biden, the Debate Commission should never have taken him as a moderator. But what he actually did was more stupid than unethical.

The first half of your post explains why he should be fired. He damaged the credibility of C-Span (and the debate commission) by getting them to lie for him.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #2405 on: October 16, 2020, 08:16:30 AM »
Not really. Nothing new.

Sorry, the /s was implied.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: October 16, 2020, 08:18:15 AM »
Random thought:

Trump should answer every question asked of him between now and the election by saying, "First of all, I just want to denounce any and all White Supremacy in the strongest terms. Now to answer your question..."

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #2407 on: October 16, 2020, 12:20:34 PM »
What a contrast between Trump's "we need help from the boss" vs Cuomo's arrogant statements.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: October 16, 2020, 12:45:18 PM »
What a contrast between Trump's "we need help from the boss" vs Cuomo's arrogant statements.
While I agree that it highlights Cuomo's insane arrogance, let's not pretend Trump actually believes in anything. He's saying what he thinks that crowd wants to hear, as usual.

Offline justaregularguy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: October 16, 2020, 02:07:37 PM »
While I agree that it highlights Cuomo's insane arrogance, let's not pretend Trump actually believes in anything. He's saying what he thinks that crowd wants to hear, as usual.
by the way how do you know for a fact trump doesnt believe in anything? bc of his personality? bc of things he said contradicting religion? maybe those statements are fake and he really does believe..why do you assume hes completely atheisistic ? maybe he actually started believing and praying when he became president bc its comforting for him?
nothings impossible- the word itself says Im possible

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: October 16, 2020, 02:15:53 PM »
I think the only person on Earth who knows what's in Trump's head is Trump, and I'm not convinced he even knows 100% of the time.

Offline Kobe Bryant

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: October 16, 2020, 02:20:10 PM »
by the way how do you know for a fact trump doesnt believe in anything? bc of his personality? bc of things he said contradicting religion? maybe those statements are fake and he really does believe..why do you assume hes completely atheisistic ? maybe he actually started believing and praying when he became president bc its comforting for him?
Because no matter what he says or does, "some" will project what they wish he were.
BTW, why won't he condemn white supremacists? What a brrrrutal Racist!

Offline YitzyS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: October 17, 2020, 08:55:55 PM »
I think the only person on Earth who knows what's in Trump's head is Trump, and I'm not convinced he even knows 100% of the time.
On the flip side, everyone knows what's in Biden's head, besides Biden, and is it time to take those meds yet?

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: October 17, 2020, 08:57:48 PM »
On the flip side, everyone knows what's in Biden's head, besides Biden, and is it time to take those meds yet?

No one knows what's in Biden's head, not even Biden. He doesn't know until he sees it on the teleprompter or he reads about it on the news the next day.

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: October 17, 2020, 09:38:35 PM »
I think the only people on Earth who know what's in Trump's head is Trump & his 87M followers
FTFY

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #2415 on: October 17, 2020, 10:57:30 PM »
FTFY

I think this is the biggest misconception about Trump. Everyone thinks he's really showing his cards. I despise the man, but stupid he ain't.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2416 on: October 17, 2020, 11:00:25 PM »
I think this is the biggest misconception about Trump. Everyone thinks he's really showing his cards. I despise the man, but stupid he ain't.
I'm not sure what you're implying, but if he had any tricks up his sleeve to win the election, it's high time to release them. 1/6 voters already cast their vote and the election is being decided now.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: October 18, 2020, 12:06:48 AM »
I'm not sure what you're implying, but if he had any tricks up his sleeve to win the election, it's high time to release them. 1/6 voters already cast their vote and the election is being decided now.

I'm definitely not implying that he's amazing and can perform magic. All I'm saying is that what comes out of his mouth (or his Twitter feed) are far from the only thoughts in his head.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: October 18, 2020, 12:08:40 AM »
I'm definitely not implying that he's amazing and can perform magic. All I'm saying is that what comes out of his mouth (or his Twitter feed) are far from the only thoughts in his head.
I agree. I wish he would keep more of his thoughts in his head
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #2419 on: October 18, 2020, 04:34:28 PM »

Can we all agree that Trump is כגרזן ביד החוצב, whereas Cuomo is more of לי יאורי ואני עשיתיני?
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan