Author Topic: US Politics/2020 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread  (Read 249018 times)

Offline Lurker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
Re: US Politics/2020 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread
« Reply #2520 on: October 29, 2020, 08:43:59 PM »
That Trump, who told the proud boys to 'Stand By', may ask them and their other militant friends to 'protest' outside county clerks and other election officials counting and recounting the 'fake news voter fraud'. It's a slippery slope.

Do you honestly think the President of the United States, while still in office, would ask a bunch of alt-right militias to take to the streets to ensure he gets the results he wants?
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #2521 on: October 29, 2020, 08:47:04 PM »
Do you honestly think the President of the United States, while still in office, would ask a bunch of alt-right militias to take to the streets to ensure he gets the results he wants?
Only if you believe a sitting president would have rallies putting thousand of lives at risk just to be reelected.  ;)
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2522 on: October 29, 2020, 08:48:06 PM »
100% (which is why I think anybody is a better president than him). Do you have a different explanation of what he meant when he told them to 'stand by'?
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #2523 on: October 29, 2020, 08:56:25 PM »
Only if you believe a sitting president would have rallies putting thousand of lives at risk just to be reelected.  ;)

I don't think he believes he's putting their lives at risk. Now that can make him an idiot, and raise questions on his fitness for the office he holds, but that's a far cry from calling the militia onto the streets.

100% (which is why I think anybody is a better president than him). Do you have a different explanation of what he meant when he told them to 'stand by'?

I'm not a Trump fan. I didn't like him before he was President, and I like him less now. But the man has done absolutely nothing over the last 4 years to suggest that he would put alt-right militia on the street. I have no idea what he meant when he told them to "stand back, stand by," but I've learned not to parse his words so carefully. The guy says a lot of stuff. Which is why I think many other people would be a better president than him.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #2524 on: October 29, 2020, 08:58:37 PM »
I don't think he believes he's putting their lives at risk. Now that can make him an idiot, and raise questions on his fitness for the office he holds, but that's a far cry from calling the militia onto the streets.

I'm not a Trump fan. I didn't like him before he was President, and I like him less now. But the man has done absolutely nothing over the last 4 years to suggest that he would put alt-right militia on the street. I have no idea what he meant when he told them to "stand back, stand by," but I've learned not to parse his words so carefully. The guy says a lot of stuff. Which is why I think many other people would be a better president than him.
What he means to say isn't half as important as what the militias are hearing him say.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline good sam

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2525 on: October 29, 2020, 09:00:28 PM »
That Trump, who told the proud boys to 'Stand By', may ask them and their other militant friends to 'protest' outside county clerks and other election officials counting and recounting the 'fake news voter fraud'. It's a slippery slope.
4-D chess Trump. Moderator says to tell proud boys to stand down, Trump without missing a beat says stand back and stand by. If he's talking about armed militias on election day, that's next level genius.
If you don't care why would you comment?
HT: DMYD

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #2526 on: October 29, 2020, 09:01:46 PM »

What he means to say isn't half as important as what the militias are hearing him say.

I don't think he believes he's putting their lives at risk.
I'm sure he does. He was on the record in that interview in February knowing how bad it was. He probably thinks they aren't that much more at risk at the rally then they would be otherwise

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: October 29, 2020, 09:05:27 PM »

Sure it does. Either he's going to war over the election results, or he isn't. Calling the militias to arms is a far cry from radicals misunderstanding him. With very different results, too.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #2528 on: October 29, 2020, 09:06:23 PM »
Sure it does. Either he's going to war over the election results, or he isn't. Calling the militias to arms is a far cry from radicals misunderstanding him. With very different results, too.
Both are scary.

Offline good sam

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2529 on: October 29, 2020, 09:07:24 PM »
If it's a dog whistle and you can hear it too, does that make you a racist?
If you don't care why would you comment?
HT: DMYD

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: October 29, 2020, 09:07:44 PM »
I'm sure he does. He was on the record in that interview in February knowing how bad it was. He probably thinks they aren't that much more at risk at the rally then they would be otherwise

You and I and Trump can all agree that Covid is not the threat today that it was in February. And if you say he thinks he's not changing their level of risk, then you agree he doesn't believe he's putting their lives in any more danger by attending his rally.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: October 29, 2020, 09:08:44 PM »
As you said before you have no idea what's in his head. If he does not understand he is putting lives at risk then that disqualifies him from being president. His number 1 job is protecting Americans!!!

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #2532 on: October 29, 2020, 09:10:05 PM »
I think you need to come down a bit. He is not so bad as your imagination is making hm out to be.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #2533 on: October 29, 2020, 09:10:14 PM »
Both are scary.

Honestly? I more scared of how the far-left reacts after the election. There's no one calling the shots on the left. It's decentralized chaos. There's no one to reel them in when it gets out of hand.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: October 29, 2020, 09:11:22 PM »
Honestly? I more scared of how the far-left reacts after the election. There's no one calling the shots on the left. It's decentralized chaos. There's no one to reel them in when it gets out of hand.
It ain't gonna be pretty but the left wing rioters are bh not armed.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #2535 on: October 29, 2020, 09:12:37 PM »
As you said before you have no idea what's in his head. If he does not understand he is putting lives at risk then that disqualifies him from being president. His number 1 job is protecting Americans!!!

I know how he's handled this virus and the rhetoric he's been pushing for months now. While I cannot know what is in his head, I truly believe that he does not think Covid is as dangerous as you and I think it is. Does that disqualify him from the presidency? I don't know. Is it a good reason not to vote for him? Abso-friggin-lutely.

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #2536 on: October 29, 2020, 09:12:44 PM »
but the left wing rioters are bh not armed.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #2537 on: October 29, 2020, 09:12:59 PM »

Bullshizer.

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #2538 on: October 29, 2020, 09:14:12 PM »

Talking about detached from reality......
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #2539 on: October 29, 2020, 09:14:35 PM »
I think you need to come down a bit. He is not so bad as your imagination is making hm out to be.
Keep telling yourself that as white supremacist plot to kidnap politicians, blow up synagogues and kill Jews.