Author Topic: Flying to Israel Questiom  (Read 1059 times)

Offline Carmigross

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Flying to Israel Questiom
« on: February 13, 2020, 08:49:08 AM »
To fly to Israel with a family of 7
kids ages 5-15
Is it better to fly Turkish or polish air, based on the following?
1. knowing I have to bring food on the plane, yet the carry on issues that happened with polish air.
2. Turkish air is 30K more points total for all of us, which is almost half a trip to Israel.
3.reliability

Offline Agoldsc1

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Flying to Israel Questiom
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2020, 02:40:38 PM »
This post is pretty badly articulated and typed-- for next time, consider putting more effort if you want responses. But since this is your first time posting, I'll try my best to answer (and I will assume that by "polish air" you mean LOT).

1. I assume that by "the carry on issues that happened with polish air" you are referring to the incident where the carrier supposedly profiled the Jewish passengers in order to charge them more for their bags. Even if this was true, it appears to have been an isolated incident and I wouldn't make any determination based on that.

2. 30k more points for 7 people is negligible. I would certainly spend that to fly the airline I prefer.

3. Neither airline is known for being particularly unreliable.

You didn't ask this question, but I would also consider the length of the stopover and your desire to explore either of the connecting cities. Overall, TK is a better airline than LO.

Safe travels. 

Offline Naftuli19

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: I wish all...
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2020, 02:52:53 PM »
To fly to Israel with a family of 7
kids ages 5-15
Is it better to fly Turkish or polish air, based on the following?
1. knowing I have to bring food on the plane, yet the carry on issues that happened with polish air.
2. Turkish air is 30K more points total for all of us, which is almost half a trip to Israel.
3.reliability
This post is pretty badly articulated and typed-- for next time, consider putting more effort if you want responses. But since this is your first time posting, I'll try my best to answer (and I will assume that by "polish air" you mean LOT).

1. I assume that by "the carry on issues that happened with polish air" you are referring to the incident where the carrier supposedly profiled the Jewish passengers in order to charge them more for their bags. Even if this was true, it appears to have been an isolated incident and I wouldn't make any determination based on that.

2. 30k more points for 7 people is negligible. I would certainly spend that to fly the airline I prefer.

3. Neither airline is known for being particularly unreliable.

You didn't ask this question, but I would also consider the length of the stopover and your desire to explore either of the connecting cities. Overall, TK is a better airline than LO.

Safe travels.
TK in my opinion
Sometimes You Will Never Know the True Value of A Moment Until It's Become A Memory...

Offline m65

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2020, 03:50:30 PM »
turkish is MUCH better.

Offline m65

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2020, 03:51:24 PM »
turkish also has much more connecting flights if u miss your connection or whatever

Offline Naftuli19

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: I wish all...
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2020, 03:51:59 PM »
turkish also has much more connecting flights if u miss your connection or whatever
nice kids area in new airport as well
Sometimes You Will Never Know the True Value of A Moment Until It's Become A Memory...