Author Topic: Elections 2012  (Read 149257 times)

Offline Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: Elections 2012
« Reply #280 on: October 16, 2012, 11:01:09 PM »
What happened to the other 400?
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline meshugener

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
« Reply #281 on: October 16, 2012, 11:06:08 PM »
He prob means %.
Love me or hate me. I still love you.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #282 on: October 16, 2012, 11:06:24 PM »
What happened to the other 400?

% most likely.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline HelpMe

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 17, 2012, 12:51:47 AM »
Did not see the debate but it looks like we are tied 1-1?
"Elvis Has Left The Building"

Offline ahecht37

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 17, 2012, 01:47:09 AM »
Best line for Obama: I dont look at my pension that often, its not as big as yours
I dont think it was very intelligent

Offline Nitantnel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: October 17, 2012, 07:30:27 AM »
Best line for Obama: I dont look at my pension that often, its not as big as yours

Another mock at success and promotion of class warfare.

Offline meshugener

• View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
« Reply #286 on: October 17, 2012, 08:00:33 AM »
Who else thinks the moderator was biased?

Offline Kvending

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 17, 2012, 08:06:57 AM »

100%.

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #288 on: October 17, 2012, 08:19:55 AM »
I only watched like 40 min. But no. I think the president was just pushier then Romney. She defin cut Obama off and told him his time is up, but Obama just kept going more often, of course they both did though...

Did not see the debate but it looks like we are tied 1-1?
IMHO it was somewhere between a tie and Obama winning and since he's ahead in most polls that means a win for Obama. This debate he attacked Romney more, so Romney was playing defence a lot. And whenever Obama was attacked heeither made a sly remark or just ccompletely evaded the topic. The main attacks Romney did make was bassicaly saying how much the country sucks right now and that we can't take another 4 years of this, and he promises unlike the president he knows how to make it better, seems like the same tactic that got Obama into office 4 years ago, just saying that bush sucked so unless you want more of that elect me. We shall see if that works.

Some good points Romney made was that Obama didn't even file and immigration reform although he promised to do it his first year plus he had a majority of congress then. I think he should focus on that more to the Mexican communities here. Its one of his best arguments.

Also when Obama said he doesn't look a this pension Romney's is bigger. That was a sly remark and everyone laughed, yet Romney was showing that while Obama accused Romney of investing in china and sending jobs overseas with his own investments (he basically painted him as the devil killing america), Romney came back and said Mr president you are making those same investments yourself! But that point barely got a cross cuz everyone laughed at his joke.

I wonder if Romney will just say, ya I was sucsesful and made a crap ton of money, don't you want our country to dot hat also? I do not understand how dumb this whole attitude in america is about how the sucsesful business men are so vilified in our society just because they lived the american dream and actually made it. If a bunch of rich white people with families and sucsesful jobs come out and support Romney, they are looked down upon, but someone who sort to say didn't make it, is an angel and we should form out national social policies around them. This may sound bigoted and I'm not saying ignore the less fortunate, just don't vilify someone for being sucsesful and living theamerican dream
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline YankyDoodle

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 17, 2012, 08:48:50 AM »
I wonder if Romney will just say, ya I was sucsesful and made a crap ton of money, don't you want our country to dot hat also? I do not understand how dumb this whole attitude in america is about how the sucsesful business men are so vilified in our society just because they lived the american dream and actually made it. If a bunch of rich white people with families and sucsesful jobs come out and support Romney, they are looked down upon, but someone who sort to say didn't make it, is an angel and we should form out national social policies around them. This may sound bigoted and I'm not saying ignore the less fortunate, just don't vilify someone for being sucsesful and living theamerican dream
+1000

Overall great analysis

Offline WhyAich

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 17, 2012, 06:34:05 PM »

Thinks? Def. biased. Sick!
For great Airfare deals - PLEASE contact me via PM or email: whyaich@gmail.com

Offline shmiel

• View Profile
« Reply #291 on: October 17, 2012, 08:06:24 PM »

IMHO it was somewhere between a tie and Obama winning and since he's ahead in most polls that means a win for Obama.
Are you aware the Gallup poll today has Romney up by six? (yes, yesterday's debate results were obviously not a factor in that poll), but its pretty shoddy analysis to say that the fact that Obama may have scored some more points than Romney in this debate suggests a Obama victory, even if he was slightly ahead in the polls, which he is not (especially not in national polls).

Also, what Romney did in the first debate (and this debate) was to fundamentally undermine the Obama campaign's strategy of turning Romney into a devil. I think they overplayed it and now it's backfiring big time as Romney looks perfectly plausible (the first debate REALLY helped this too). I know many of us in the NYC area don't hear too much about the campaign in terms of ads, but Obama has been heavily outspending Romney in the swing states and its taken an effect, but it seems to me that Romney will continue to rise now that less people look at Romney negatively. You will probably also see (and we've already been seeing) the Obama campaign try to portray him as a flip-flopper, as opposed to some evil man trying to take your job etc...

Offline bubbles

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 67
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 17, 2012, 08:16:01 PM »
Are you aware the Gallup poll today has Romney up by six? (yes, yesterday's debate results were obviously not a factor in that poll), but its pretty shoddy analysis to say that the fact that Obama may have scored some more points than Romney in this debate suggests a Obama victory, even if he was slightly ahead in the polls, which he is not (especially not in national polls).

I think all he said was that obama won the debate not the election?

Offline HelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #293 on: October 17, 2012, 08:20:53 PM »
even if he was slightly ahead in the polls, which he is not (especially not in national polls).
You need to look at state polls. Even then you only need to look at 4 or 5.

Offline shmiel

• View Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 17, 2012, 08:21:05 PM »
I think all he said was that obama won the debate not the election?
Whoops, I thought he was suggesting a coming Obama victory based on tonight. What does being slightly ahead in the polls (again, which he isn't) have to do with who won the debate? Romney was definitely behind in the polls and very few people dispute that he won the first debate.

Offline shmiel

• View Profile
« Reply #295 on: October 17, 2012, 08:35:27 PM »
You need to look at state polls. Even then you only need to look at 4 or 5.
In theory, you are right. But that's highly debatable in practice, especially if the reputable national polls show Romney with a significant margin. For example, in 2008 Obama won nationally by about 7 points, and in Ohio he won by about 4, we all know if Romney wins nationally by 3-4 points, he aint losing Ohio. State polls really matter when its an extremely close race. Generally, national polls are more reliable than many biased state polls. Most Ohio polls showing Obama with a big lead are sampling Democrats at higher numbers than in '08, no one thinks the partisan tilt in 2012 is gonna be more Democratic than 2008. Many of the state polls were way off in 2008 but the national polls (averaged) were pretty much bang on.

Offline meshugener

• View Profile
« Reply #296 on: October 17, 2012, 09:40:30 PM »
When Candy told Romney that Obama is right that he called the Libya attack terrorism right aftert the attack, wasn't that biased? (Or even worse: false?)

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #297 on: October 17, 2012, 11:07:43 PM »
When Candy told Romney that Obama is right that he called the Libya attack terrorism right aftert the attack, wasn't that biased? (Or even worse: false?)

No. Not if it was true.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Side incomer

• View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 17, 2012, 11:09:02 PM »
No. Not if it was true.

I guess you haven't read the news today.
It was all over the liberal media that Obama lied on that, and Candy's support was actually biased...
Side income is the most solid income... בדוק ומנוסה

Offline HelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #299 on: October 18, 2012, 03:33:49 AM »
In theory, you are right.
Theory has nothing to do with. The election comes down to a couple of states and that is it. How do expect Romney to win OHIO with his stance on the auto industry?