Author Topic: JetBlue waiving all cancellation and change fees due to corona  (Read 2608 times)

Online mochjas

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver

Offline Dovdovmoneytree

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: JetBlue waiving all cancellation and change fees due to corona
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2020, 03:53:50 PM »
Would be super nice if other airlines would follow suit. My wife has a Delta flight early April. I want to cancel but can't even reach anyone. Site is also having issues and seems like I'll be hit with a $124 cancellation fee. Same flight I paid $267 for, I can now book for $79. But as of now; I don't want her flying. Any advice how to cancel with no fees?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2020, 03:57:41 PM »
Would be super nice if other airlines would follow suit. My wife has a Delta flight early April. I want to cancel but can't even reach anyone. Site is also having issues and seems like I'll be hit with a $124 cancellation fee. Same flight I paid $267 for, I can now book for $79. But as of now; I don't want her flying. Any advice how to cancel with no fees?
You can cancel without fees.
https://www.dansdeals.com/points-travel/airlines/airline-news/master-list-airline-coronavirus-fee-waivers-including-latest-updates-american-air-canada/
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Dovdovmoneytree

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2020, 04:31:44 PM »
You can cancel without fees.
https://www.dansdeals.com/points-travel/airlines/airline-news/master-list-airline-coronavirus-fee-waivers-including-latest-updates-american-air-canada/

Thanks! Looks like she can cancel for free but not for refund, rather a travel credit for approx a year? Would a change to a ticket also include changing the person flying- i.e. change from my wife (current ticketed passenger) to myself?

Offline milesmaidel

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2020, 12:33:18 AM »
Anyone have experience canceling an American award ticket that was booked after 3/1? Seems it’s excluded but want to know if that’s accurate

Offline chff

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 25
    • View Profile
  • Programs: All of them...

Offline Dovdovmoneytree

• View Profile

Online mochjas

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver

Offline westman812

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2020, 01:40:04 PM »
Hey guys- I'm sure this is discussed and no surprise- Jetblue seems to be cancelling and consolidating a bunch of flights and just considering them "Changes" of schedule(i.e instead of a 3PM and 5PM, they're doing on 4PM). Called for a refund. but they said that they're allowed to do this, and can only grant a fee waiver to get re-deposited in travel bank. I know others have mentioned going to credit card, but is that really the only option or have some been successful on HUCA?

Online mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2020, 01:44:09 PM »
Hey guys- I'm sure this is discussed and no surprise- Jetblue seems to be cancelling and consolidating a bunch of flights and just considering them "Changes" of schedule(i.e instead of a 3PM and 5PM, they're doing on 4PM). Called for a refund. but they said that they're allowed to do this, and can only grant a fee waiver to get re-deposited in travel bank. I know others have mentioned going to credit card, but is that really the only option or have some been successful on HUCA?
they are right. A one hour schedule change does not entitle you to a refund.

Offline westman812

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2020, 02:03:49 PM »
they are right. A one hour schedule change does not entitle you to a refund.

It's actually 63 mins. Is it strictly one hour?

Online mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2020, 02:09:35 PM »
It's actually 63 mins. Is it strictly one hour?
no I was just saying for your case. A quick google search says that if the schedule change is 2 hours or greater you can get a refund

Offline westman812

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2020, 02:11:33 PM »
no I was just saying for your case. A quick google search says that if the schedule change is 2 hours or greater you can get a refund

Got it. Apologies- searched and couldn't find that one. Thanks for the response- Will wait to see if they actually consolidate more flights.

Offline Dovdovmoneytree

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2020, 05:22:11 PM »

Delta did the same with my wife's flight. Haven't tried calling recently. Tried like two weeks ago, couldn't reach anyone. Doubt that changed. With all their assuring e-mails about having us at the top of their minds, they're just full of it. They want a bailout, yet they do nothing for the consumer. I need a refund, not a travel credit.

Offline westman812

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2020, 05:32:28 PM »
Delta did the same with my wife's flight. Haven't tried calling recently. Tried like two weeks ago, couldn't reach anyone. Doubt that changed. With all their assuring e-mails about having us at the top of their minds, they're just full of it. They want a bailout, yet they do nothing for the consumer. I need a refund, not a travel credit.
Somewhat agree-  this isn't specific performance, they are just telling you they'll get you somewhere around the time you want to get there, so they're within the contract of carriage. Still, they are playing around with the messaging, saying things like "changing the time of the flight" despite the flight being a different flight #. It's clearly a cancellation and accommodation, but they refuse to acknowledge that deliberately. That part isn't cool.

Offline Dovdovmoneytree

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2020, 05:35:21 PM »
Somewhat agree-  this isn't specific performance, they are just telling you they'll get you somewhere around the time you want to get there, so they're within the contract of carriage. Still, they are playing around with the messaging, saying things like "changing the time of the flight" despite the flight being a different flight #. It's clearly a cancellation and accommodation, but they refuse to acknowledge that deliberately. That part isn't cool.

Why was protection of the consumer not built into the bailout bill? Isn't so much of the stimulus about helping keep, or add, money to consumers- who ultimately keep the economy going.