Author Topic: What if my flight is cancelled due to Corona?  (Read 7589 times)

Offline steve2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: What if my flight is cancelled due to Corona?
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2020, 04:16:37 PM »
 I know I said I wouldnt post again but I hope what I post can help some of you get a Refund

Air Serbia tkts, the 1st thing is to check your original confirmation email from Chase (or whomever) see if it has the tkt# listed, if it doesnt call the OTA used and ask them for it

If the tkt# starts with 067 then its an EY(Etihad tkt and youre in luck) if it doesnt good luck

if your tkt is an 067 tkt, dont call, write complain to DOT about Air Serbia they have nothing to do with you and owe you Nothing, DO file with DOT against Chase and EY! if like others Ive helped at no time did Chase make known that in fact they were selling you a code-share flight include that to DOT as well.

Once you file it will take time to 1st get a DOT confirmation and apx 2 days later you will hear from both Chase and EY, EY will send you another email a few days later or week that they werent able to find your tkt are you sure it was booked with them. Reply with the tkt# from your 1st Chase email when you booked or that Chase told you the # was. EY will find it

Apx 1 month will go by from when you 1st hear from EY till you get your Refund, at least thats how it went down , unless they are used to the Air Serbia TLV flights and  work faster knowing they will Refund them anyways. Once Chase gets the AR/ARC from EY = they got their $$$ back then they will Refund your pts or pts & $s. In some cases Chase got the email from EY with all the needed info and Refund but didnt act on it on their side so once EY says they will take care of it you will have to call Chase again and ask them to go thru their notes and tell them EY claims they sent you the AR/ARC for a full refund and the Chase rep will find it and process it as you are on the line

At NO time tell DOT or EY that you want your UR pts, its NOT important, according to both EY & DOT a CC was used to pay for the tkt! dont drag UR pts into it as theres no way for EY to refund UR pts and you will simply confuse everyone!!!

Now as long as EY keeps flying into the US you have  a great chance of getting the Refund, if you werent tkted on EY stock bear in mind that Air Serbia is still not flying into the US and thusly under no pressure to refund anything even thou DOTs rules supercedes theirs. Your best bet after everything else fails is to get Air Serbia to extend your tkt till such time as they restart flying to NY or you can somehow make use of the funds for a tkt on them

I only hope this info helps as many get Refunded as possible (my plan is to go silent once again so I wont be responding to any posts made or PMs sent on this site , should you send a PM and include your email address I will respond regarding Air Serbia tkts only)

Hope I havent left anything out a Gutten Shabbos to one and all. Stay Healthy and Safe

Offline Dovdovmoneytree

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2020, 01:43:52 PM »
I know I said I wouldnt post again but I hope what I post can help some of you get a Refund

Air Serbia tkts, the 1st thing is to check your original confirmation email from Chase (or whomever) see if it has the tkt# listed, if it doesnt call the OTA used and ask them for it

If the tkt# starts with 067 then its an EY(Etihad tkt and youre in luck) if it doesnt good luck

if your tkt is an 067 tkt, dont call, write complain to DOT about Air Serbia they have nothing to do with you and owe you Nothing, DO file with DOT against Chase and EY! if like others Ive helped at no time did Chase make known that in fact they were selling you a code-share flight include that to DOT as well.

Once you file it will take time to 1st get a DOT confirmation and apx 2 days later you will hear from both Chase and EY, EY will send you another email a few days later or week that they werent able to find your tkt are you sure it was booked with them. Reply with the tkt# from your 1st Chase email when you booked or that Chase told you the # was. EY will find it

Apx 1 month will go by from when you 1st hear from EY till you get your Refund, at least thats how it went down , unless they are used to the Air Serbia TLV flights and  work faster knowing they will Refund them anyways. Once Chase gets the AR/ARC from EY = they got their $$$ back then they will Refund your pts or pts & $s. In some cases Chase got the email from EY with all the needed info and Refund but didnt act on it on their side so once EY says they will take care of it you will have to call Chase again and ask them to go thru their notes and tell them EY claims they sent you the AR/ARC for a full refund and the Chase rep will find it and process it as you are on the line

At NO time tell DOT or EY that you want your UR pts, its NOT important, according to both EY & DOT a CC was used to pay for the tkt! dont drag UR pts into it as theres no way for EY to refund UR pts and you will simply confuse everyone!!!

Now as long as EY keeps flying into the US you have  a great chance of getting the Refund, if you werent tkted on EY stock bear in mind that Air Serbia is still not flying into the US and thusly under no pressure to refund anything even thou DOTs rules supercedes theirs. Your best bet after everything else fails is to get Air Serbia to extend your tkt till such time as they restart flying to NY or you can somehow make use of the funds for a tkt on them

I only hope this info helps as many get Refunded as possible (my plan is to go silent once again so I wont be responding to any posts made or PMs sent on this site , should you send a PM and include your email address I will respond regarding Air Serbia tkts only)

Hope I havent left anything out a Gutten Shabbos to one and all. Stay Healthy and Safe

Wow!! Thank you so much for taking the time to write all this info! You should be gebenched!

Offline Dovdovmoneytree

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2020, 01:46:27 PM »

For anyone else in my situation- just wanted to clarify that @steve2  in fact meant to say if the ticket starts with 607, (not 067) as it says above, then it is an Ethihad ticket. He clarified it on another thread here https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=112918.msg2310757#msg2310757

A huge thank you to @steve2 again for taking the time to try to help others here!