Author Topic: Pesach Programs  (Read 34228 times)

Offline aryeh1

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Pesach Programs
« Reply #120 on: March 16, 2020, 08:57:47 AM »
the email I received from the program I was planning on attending. I don't believe for a second they will be allowed to open however due to the massive financial losses these owners are facing I believe they are having a hard time facing reality.

Dear guest,

With Pesach on its way, we would like to share with our valued customers information regarding the COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus) and how that might affect our program.

It’s our focus to keep our customers safe and healthy throughout Pesach and we believe that by being precaution we will fulfil that obligation b’Ezras Hashem.

This year, we are taking extra steps with the help of the hotel and our staff to make sure that the spread of the virus is significantly minimized and hopefully will not stand a chance of affecting anyone at our program.

Our first step is to have sanitizer available throughout the hotel which we ask that you use it frequently.

We also ask that use napkins or gloves as much as possible when using elevator buttons, doorknobs, and public restrooms. Although special attention will be given to those areas by the staff and they will be sanitized (and cleaned with germ killing cleaning solutions) constantly we still ask that you should do your part as well.

Since our hotel is rather small and couldn’t accommodate the amount of people the other programs are having, it’s unlikely for us to be shut down by the state of NJ for having a large gathering. In addition, our hotel has over 12 ballrooms which we plan on utilizing for extra measures.

Only a limited amount of rooms will be available in order to keep the crowd at a minimum, if you have not received your confirmation letter please call us immediately. Also please note that your final balance was due on March 9st, if you still have an outstanding balance as of today please remit payment to ensure your stay with us.

We should only be healthy and to be Zocha this year to be in Yerushaliym!
Which one is this?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #121 on: March 16, 2020, 11:12:29 PM »
Pesach on the Mountain in Whistler is cancelled.

Hopefully many more to join them shortly.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #122 on: March 16, 2020, 11:16:11 PM »

Closing Canadian borders doesn't leave them with much of an option and might have been the trigger to be able to make an insurance claim.

What are you hoping for? Forthcoming honesty? They are likely to all be cancelled, it's just a question of when they will publicize.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline haltkup

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 18, 2020, 02:04:07 AM »
I work in the P&C industry....Sadly almost all coverages include virus/pandemic exclusions. Will be very hard to make a claim. Not sure about costly specialized event coverage and if pesach programs even purchase those.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #124 on: March 18, 2020, 02:42:07 PM »
I work in the P&C industry....Sadly almost all coverages include virus/pandemic exclusions. Will be very hard to make a claim. Not sure about costly specialized event coverage and if pesach programs even purchase those.

I have two clients that I thought would be perfect candidates for a CIC. There were a lot of abuses involving CICs so no one wanted to open themselves to audit risk. Had they implemented one when I suggested I am sure they would be very happy they did at this point.
-- Dan

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 22, 2020, 04:00:16 PM »

Any updates on official cancelations?
-- Dan

Offline PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 23, 2020, 02:37:24 AM »
Thailand cancelled.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 23, 2020, 10:28:17 AM »
Is it a liability exposure for Pesach programs to try and make right their reserved attendees by arranging for catered food packages and creatively curated activity packages so people can have a nice Seder at home? Isn’t there an opportunity here?
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline chevron

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 23, 2020, 10:45:05 AM »
Is it a liability exposure for Pesach programs to try and make right their reserved attendees by arranging for catered food packages and creatively curated activity packages so people can have a nice Seder at home? Isn’t there an opportunity here?

Right that's something that I was telling a friend. If they could find a way to ship it At least both parties may not lose out completely

Offline avromie7

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 23, 2020, 10:53:07 AM »
Right that's something that I was telling a friend. If they could find a way to ship it At least both parties may not lose out completely
I believe some already started this, I know Michael Schick is. A complete package of food for 7 adults and 3 kids is $13,500 plus delivery. There is also an a-la-carte option.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline israshot

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 23, 2020, 01:17:29 PM »
I believe some already started this, I know Michael Schick is. A complete package of food for 7 adults and 3 kids is $13,500 plus delivery. There is also an a-la-carte option.
Does it come with luxury matress, room service, and sand for the backyard?

Offline moko

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 23, 2020, 01:22:33 PM »
ouch. As expensive as  the pesach program... Many are 5-6k per couple plus 1k for an extra adult in the room.

Offline Yehudaa

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 111
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 23, 2020, 03:53:29 PM »
Joint Statement from Agudath Israel, OU, The Lakewood Vaad, Young Israel, RCA, RAA:

Via https://www.ou.org/covid19/:

March 23, 3:30 PM EDT

Joint Statement to the Orthodox Community Regarding Pesach

Rabbinic leaders and organizations across the Orthodox spectrum have, individually, declared the health threat presented by COVID-19 a mortal threat (sakanas nefashos). We, leaders of major American Orthodox Jewish organizations, join together again to further clarify our shared and firm guidance for our communities.

We have heretofore urged not only full compliance with all health guidance issued by federal, state and local governments, but have gone beyond those pronouncements in urging our communities to remain at home and avoid, to the maximum extent feasible, any outside interactions.

With regard to the upcoming Pesach holiday, we note specifically the following critical mandates, shared in consultation with leading infectious disease and public health experts:

1. We are accustomed to honoring Pesach to the fullest degree, including taking haircuts, purchasing new clothing and tableware, and preparing the fullest menus. This year’s public health crisis mandates us to significantly limit all of the above. Our responsibility is to refrain from any NON-ESSENTIAL outside interactions, including especially in-store shopping. If there is a need for truly ESSENTIAL purchases, send one family member only – who is neither ill, vulnerable, nor of known exposure to COVID-19 – as rarely and as briefly as possible. Stores serving the community should shift to home delivery or drive-by parking lot pick-up of pre-orders, and – to the extent this is not possible – must take substantive steps to minimize crowding, maintain hygiene, and maximize social distancing.

We will truly honor Pesach by limiting our purchases to the truly ESSENTIAL, ensuring that all of us – especially the vulnerable – are able to celebrate Pesach in good health. We must STAY HOME; SAVE LIVES.

2. The Pesach plans of many have been completely upended. This creates severe difficulty for so many. We are deeply sympathetic to this enormous difficulty. Nevertheless, public health demands strict adherence to the current guidance. Travel to other cities must be cancelled, whether to vacation venues (Florida, etc.) or to family. Everyone must plan to celebrate Pesach where they are currently.

Individuals living alone or those absolutely unable to prepare for Pesach may choose to self-quarantine for 14 days, and then – if asymptomatic – may join with a welcoming local family that is similarly asymptomatic and that has been disciplined in staying home and limiting their interactions outside the home to the absolute minimum as described above.

These guests may join one family only for the duration, without additional company, and must carefully observe the mandated standards of scrupulous hygiene and social distancing. The elderly and high risk must seek medical advice before considering this.

STAY HOME; SAVE LIVES

We urge one and all – while strictly maintaining the prescribed guidelines – to look out for each other by reaching out to and providing for each other, especially those living alone.

We hope and pray that our sincere tefillos (prayers) and chassadim (acts of kindness) will move Hashem to swiftly remove this plague from the world and bless us all with health, peace and tranquility.

Rabbi Chaim Dovid Zweibel, Executive Vice President, Agudath Israel of America
Rabbi Mendy Mirocznick, Executive Vice-President, Igud HaRabbanim – Rabbinical Alliance of America
Rabbi Shmuel Blech, Chairman, Rabbi Moshe Chaim Weisberg, Co-Chair, The Lakewood Vaad
Farley Weiss, President, National Council of Young Israel
Moishe Bane, President, Allen Fagin, Executive Vice President, the Orthodox Union
Rabbi Daniel Korobkin, President, Rabbi Mark Dratch, Executive Vice President, Rabbinical Council of America
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 03:58:25 PM by Yehudaa »

Offline Menachem613

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 23, 2020, 07:58:27 PM »
Are the Kosherica Pesach programs still officially on? They are being very quiet about their plans.

Offline dealfinder11

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 24, 2020, 11:19:13 AM »

https://michael-schick-catering.myshopify.com/

Offline Baglach

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: March 24, 2020, 12:18:46 PM »
Are the Kosherica Pesach programs still officially on? They are being very quiet about their plans.
Is any program still on? One program in italy refused a refund/credit to a friend claiming he is still on.

Offline Menachem613

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 24, 2020, 12:52:05 PM »
How will your friend prove that the program is no longer opening?

Offline israshot

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 24, 2020, 12:54:30 PM »
How will your friend prove that the program is no longer opening?
Call/email the hotel hosting it, ask for an official statement that they can't host the program. If they are not updated today, in a week they will be.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 24, 2020, 06:32:28 PM »
News from Eretz Yisroel is that several Sefardic Rabbis gave a one time heter to use Zoom so elderly people can participate in a seder.
-- Dan