Author Topic: Tweets, Pictures, And Videos That Are Coronavirus Related  (Read 483557 times)

Offline yuneeq

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
Re: Tweets, Pictures, And Videos That Are Coronavirus Related
« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2020, 12:50:12 AM »
A couple of people begging us to take this seriously, most of us joking around about it, and then everything comes crashing down.

I've never wanted so badly for @yuneeq to be proven horribly wrong.

Trust me I wish I get proven wrong. Perhaps the cure is found tomorrow and distributed en masse. But the more I researched the virus and the lesser-known news from China, the more I started to get concerned. What will happen when it reaches the US? I figured from the quick China ban that we would be ready as the threat became more imminent. Then it reaches the US, and I start hearing from all sorts of potentially infected people that can’t get tested due to extremely narrow criteria and lack of test kits. But still, we have time for the US to get this right. We’re a top country, and we have all the resources to throw behind it.

But time passes and still nothing, and now I’m worried. Not panicking, but worried. And I don’t remember the last thing I worried about. Not a single impending hurricane, blizzard, or pandemic could get more than a yawn out of me. I’m worried not for myself, but for the countless people I know and don’t know, that are now at extreme risk, and for what - for no reason at all! I’m trying for over a month to convince people that they shouldn’t laugh it off, it’s not the flu, that people we love need to be protected and prepared for. That the more prepared we are, the less we need to worry. Instead people have been laughing at me for not wanting to shake hands or for stocking up on masks, sanitizer, and disinfectants. Calling me paranoid or irrational despite having none of these traits before in my life.

Someone told me they can’t sleep tonight. I told them I haven’t slept well the last month.

/end mindless rant
Visibly Jewish

Offline Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2020, 12:55:10 AM »
Trust me I wish I get proven wrong. Perhaps the cure is found tomorrow and distributed en masse. But the more I researched the virus and the lesser-known news from China, the more I started to get concerned. What will happen when it reaches the US? I figured from the quick China ban that we would be ready as the threat became more imminent. Then it reaches the US, and I start hearing from all sorts of potentially infected people that can’t get tested due to extremely narrow criteria and lack of test kits. But still, we have time for the US to get this right. We’re a top country, and we have all the resources to throw behind it.

But time passes and still nothing, and now I’m worried. Not panicking, but worried. And I don’t remember the last thing I worried about. Not a single impending hurricane, blizzard, or pandemic could get more than a yawn out of me. I’m worried not for myself, but for the countless people I know and don’t know, that are now at extreme risk, and for what - for no reason at all! I’m trying for over a month to convince people that they shouldn’t laugh it off, it’s not the flu, that people we love need to be protected and prepared for. That the more prepared we are, the less we need to worry. Instead people have been laughing at me for not wanting to shake hands or for stocking up on masks, sanitizer, and disinfectants. Calling me paranoid or irrational despite having none of these traits before in my life.

Someone told me they can’t sleep tonight. I told them I haven’t slept well the last month.

/end mindless rant
Keep preaching. You've helped people take it seriously more than you realize. Myself included.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2020, 01:01:51 AM »
Keep preaching. You've helped people take it seriously more than you realize. Myself included.
+1
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2020, 01:03:48 AM »

+1

Appreciate this knowing it wasn’t all for naught.
Visibly Jewish

Offline Luvtotravel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Don't wait for the perfect moment; take the moment and make it perfect.

Offline whYME

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2020, 02:45:38 AM »
Can't make people take it seriously if they don't want to or if their supreme leader tells them not to.
I don't think anybody (here at least) takes what Trump says that seriously. I think it's more like with the media's track record of the past few years everyone just assumes it's all BS and just the latest "hoax" for them to attack Trump with.

Offline Proisrael

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG,Hilton,Club Carlson
« Reply #66 on: March 12, 2020, 03:43:35 AM »
It is very serious for older people. Based on the numbers from almost ever country (Italy is by far the most honest) this is NOT a serious threat for people under 60 who are relatively healthy. I am in no way saying that people should take this seriously but there is no legit reason to panic for most healthy people. Still a shocker to me that there has not been one child fatality under 10. In Italy there is NOT ONE DEATH under the age of 50 and only 2% of total deaths from 50-59. People said China was lying about their numbers but based on what we see from Italy the numbers are very similiar.

Offline srap

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 12, 2020, 06:24:41 AM »
+10   In addition to above, you are saving me more than countless hours of writing the very same posts.  Keep up the amazing research and education of the public!

Offline Moshe123

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Lost
« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2020, 06:27:18 AM »
It is very serious for older people. Based on the numbers from almost ever country (Italy is by far the most honest) this is NOT a serious threat for people under 60 who are relatively healthy. I am in no way saying that people should take this seriously but there is no legit reason to panic for most healthy people. Still a shocker to me that there has not been one child fatality under 10. In Italy there is NOT ONE DEATH under the age of 50 and only 2% of total deaths from 50-59. People said China was lying about their numbers but based on what we see from Italy the numbers are very similiar.

The reason I'm worried is that my parents and inlaws are elderly. I can't stop worrying.

Offline srap

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 12, 2020, 06:55:20 AM »
The reason I'm worried is that my parents and inlaws are elderly. I can't stop worrying.
Worrying doesn't help.  Action does.  Educate them, help them get prepared, and daven.

Offline Moshe123

• View Profile
  • Programs: Lost
« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2020, 06:58:38 AM »
Worrying doesn't help.  Action does.  Educate them, help them get prepared, and daven.

Of course

Offline good sam

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 12, 2020, 08:40:30 AM »
The most selfish take out there. This attitude will cause more people to die.
If you don't care why would you comment?
HT: DMYD

Online yitzgar

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 12, 2020, 08:47:06 AM »
? You should probably re-read

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 12, 2020, 08:56:47 AM »

In fairness, OP missed a word and meant to write “should not take this  seriously” instead of “take it seriously”.
Visibly Jewish

Online yitzgar

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 12, 2020, 09:00:49 AM »
In fairness, OP missed a word and meant to write “should not take this  seriously” instead of “take it seriously”.
Quite clear from the context

Offline good sam

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 12, 2020, 09:09:15 AM »

My point is the age of the people dying makes no difference. He would panic if it was affecting 24 year olds but not 64 year olds?
If you don't care why would you comment?
HT: DMYD

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #76 on: March 12, 2020, 09:13:53 AM »
64 year olds catch it from 20 year olds.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Online yitzgar

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 12, 2020, 09:15:16 AM »

My point is the age of the people dying makes no difference. He would panic if it was affecting 24 year olds but not 64 year olds?
Don't panic at all was clearly the point. Those who panic are actually the selfish ones

Offline NotMeirKey

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 12, 2020, 09:17:35 AM »
You should read his other posts. His point about the virus is clear. It is obvious who he gets his info from.
"Mom there is no risk to me but to bad you and Dad can die from catching it from me."
64 year olds catch it from 20 year olds.

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
Visibly Jewish