Author Topic: Tweets, Pictures, And Videos That Are Coronavirus Related  (Read 483703 times)

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
Re: Tweets, Pictures, And Videos That Are Coronavirus Related
« Reply #1380 on: July 19, 2020, 04:04:25 PM »
https://twitter.com/axelroark/status/1284231092762021888

https://twitter.com/axelroark/status/1284877539916369920

https://twitter.com/axelroark/status/1284887652769112067

https://twitter.com/axelroark/status/1284883923546316800
This man isn’t very good at reading graphs, is he? Also, really shocking that a bar owner feels bars should remain open, while openly admitting he “skirts the law” to keep the taproom open.

What was it that someone said earlier about grasping at straws?
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #1382 on: July 19, 2020, 04:31:22 PM »
This man isn’t very good at reading graphs, is he? Also, really shocking that a bar owner feels bars should remain open, while openly admitting he “skirts the law” to keep the taproom open.

I'm not sure if you were being sarcastic as to not being good at reading graphs, or you really didn't take a moment to check out this individual.

Also, did you actually bother reading what he writes? Are you aware of why he's closing his bars? Do you know his business history?

Or is anything that doesn't confirm your bias at first glance something you feel the urge to argue about?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2020, 04:50:44 PM by ExGingi »
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #1383 on: July 19, 2020, 04:33:40 PM »
I'm not sure if you were being sarcastic as to not being good at reading graphs, or you really didn't take a moment to check out this individual.

Also, did you actually bother reading what he writes? Are you aware of why he's closing his bars? Do you know his business history?
I read what he wrote, chiefly that masks have been mandated and bars closed for 3 weeks but numbers haven’t gone down at the pace he expected to so therefore it “must” be something else that’s causing the spread.

Wait, what??

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #1384 on: July 19, 2020, 04:39:40 PM »
I read what he wrote, chiefly that masks have been mandated and bars closed for 3 weeks but numbers haven’t gone down at the pace he expected to so therefore it “must” be something else that’s causing the spread.

Wait, what??

And you also clicked on the tweets to read a little bit more from this individual, to figure out his background, what else he writes about this and other topics, before you formulated your opinion of him and posted your comment, just like you do with all scientific issues.
-- Dan

Offline CountValentine

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #1385 on: July 19, 2020, 04:41:22 PM »

This guy belongs in how do you spot a Trump supporter thread.  ::)
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #1386 on: July 19, 2020, 05:27:20 PM »
And you also clicked on the tweets to read a little bit more from this individual, to figure out his background, what else he writes about this and other topics, before you formulated your opinion of him and posted your comment, just like you do with all scientific issues.
Um no, I didn’t research the identity of the random guy who’s tweets you posted, only pointed out the inherent flaws in said tweets. Is what he said less ridiculous if I find out where he grew up?

And what, exactly, is my bias? That you’re acting intellectually dishonest?

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
-- Dan

Online avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: July 19, 2020, 06:30:12 PM »
And what, exactly, is my bias?
Therein lies the problem.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #1389 on: July 19, 2020, 07:06:37 PM »
Therein lies the problem.
Those are nice words but doesn’t answer the question. I can name your bias if you’d like- from day one you’ve been fighting any and all restrictions and have openly mocked those who are concerned about the virus and claimed that mask mandates are too onerous.

No honestly, I want to know what bias you think I have and why I would want masks to be effective. Do you think I manufacture masks?

Online avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: July 20, 2020, 09:30:02 AM »
Those are nice words but doesn’t answer the question. I can name your bias if you’d like- from day one you’ve been fighting any and all restrictions and have openly mocked those who are concerned about the virus and claimed that mask mandates are too onerous.

No honestly, I want to know what bias you think I have and why I would want masks to be effective. Do you think I manufacture masks?
This shows how much you know about me. I went more than a month without walking into any store, and it wasn't because I was scared for myself. You have been assuming bad intent on my part since day 1.

Online aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #1391 on: July 20, 2020, 10:34:46 AM »

The same way you feel that some are biased towards nobody doing any minor precaution on their own volition others can feel that you are biased towrd the other direction.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #1392 on: July 20, 2020, 11:56:22 AM »
This shows how much you know about me. I went more than a month without walking into any store, and it wasn't because I was scared for myself. You have been assuming bad intent on my part since day 1.
I haven’t been assuming anything, I only have your posts here as a reference, and I can quote posts of yours questioning the dangers of COVID since early March, mocking people for being fearful of contracting COVID, and claiming that masks are a huge burden.

(Not to mean false accusations when the facts don’t line up with preconceptions).
The same way you feel that some are biased towards nobody doing any minor precaution on their own volition others can feel that you are biased towrd the other direction.
Because I like when people die? Or when people wear masks? I get why someone would be biased to restrict their own actions less, but why would one be biased to enforce extra restrictions on their personal behavior?

Online aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #1393 on: July 20, 2020, 12:02:57 PM »
I haven’t been assuming anything, I only have your posts here as a reference, and I can quote posts of yours questioning the dangers of COVID since early March, mocking people for being fearful of contracting COVID, and claiming that masks are a huge burden.

(Not to mean false accusations when the facts don’t line up with preconceptions).Because I like when people die? Or when people wear masks? I get why someone would be biased to restrict their own actions less, but why would one be biased to enforce extra restrictions on their personal behavior?
It seems from your post that you can't even think of how anyone at all may be biased to be too machmir. If true that speaks volumes.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #1394 on: July 20, 2020, 12:44:45 PM »
It seems from your post that you can't even think of how anyone at all may be biased to be too machmir. If true that speaks volumes.
That’s a total lie, as I called out Cuomo, Murphy and De Blasio in posts from April already for their draconian measures. You wouldn’t need to see my personal hanhaga for that, you can see that from my posts.

I do think people who say you should walk around maskless in Florida are completely insane, this is true.

Also, volumes of what? What does bias mean?

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #1395 on: July 20, 2020, 12:51:50 PM »
And what, exactly, is my bias? That you’re acting intellectually dishonest?

I really don't want to get personal, but your bias (as is most people's bias) is mentioned in Sanhedrin 9b.

And while everyone has that bias the difference is whether a person is aware of it and questions themselves to see if their point of view might be based on that bias, and maybe the other point of view has validity, and in how fast one jumps to argue against something, rather than taking the time to examine it, understand it, and see if there's a valid point presented.

A little bit of מתינות and trying to see things from a different perspective (and sometimes not even a different perspective, but simply worded in a way that seems to indicate one thing to you, when it doesn't actually mean that) can go a long way.
-- Dan

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #1396 on: July 20, 2020, 12:56:25 PM »
I really don't want to get personal, but your bias (as is most people's bias) is mentioned in Sanhedrin 9b.

And while everyone has that bias the difference is whether a person is aware of it and questions themselves to see if their point of view might be based on that bias, and maybe the other point of view has validity, and in how fast one jumps to argue against something, rather than taking the time to examine it, understand it, and see if there's a valid point presented.

A little bit of מתינות and trying to see things from a different perspective (and sometimes not even a different perspective, but simply worded in a way that seems to indicate one thing to you, when it doesn't actually mean that) can go a long way.
Do you feel that you’ve been objectively examining the science as it is published and listening to that over your personal feelings?

Online avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: July 20, 2020, 12:57:37 PM »
Do you feel that you’ve been objectively examining the science as it is published and listening to that over your personal feelings?
You certainly haven't.

Offline Kobe Bryant

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: July 20, 2020, 12:59:39 PM »
Sanhedrin 9b
Kind of a generic bias.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #1399 on: July 20, 2020, 01:10:50 PM »
You certainly haven't.
Please name one instance where I’ve done that, if you’re going to accuse me again