Author Topic: Tweets, Pictures, And Videos That Are Coronavirus Related  (Read 498191 times)

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
Re: Tweets, Pictures, And Videos That Are Coronavirus Related
« Reply #1900 on: November 16, 2020, 09:07:58 PM »
CMIIW, but didn’t Trump have some type of leadership position or something at the time?
Fake news.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Online avromie7

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: November 16, 2020, 09:11:25 PM »
Better hope so
Come on. Trump needs to have a plan. No need for Biden to form his plan before Jan 20.
+1. As much as I'd love to see some leadership or some semblance of an actionable plan, it would be stupid for Biden to have anything concrete at this point. By the time he has the ability to do anything, the situation on the ground will be completely different.
CMIIW, but didn’t Trump have some type of leadership position or something at the time?
This is literally the platform he ran on, yet he still has no plan. If he knew exactly what to do, he has blood on his hands for not publicizing it.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline S209

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #1902 on: November 16, 2020, 09:12:07 PM »
I don’t remember the source but I remember reading that it’s possible the vaccine confers more or longer-lasting immunity than a COVID infection does.
Good luck

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41577-020-00434-6#Abs1
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: November 16, 2020, 09:25:20 PM »
This is literally the platform he ran on, yet he still has no plan. If he knew exactly what to do, he has blood on his hands for not publicizing it.
https://joebiden.com/beat-covid19/

Here you go. He publicized it.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline iluv2travel

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #1905 on: November 16, 2020, 09:44:22 PM »
Already discussed here:

https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=121082.0

And in 45 other threads. Welcome to DDF: Covid-era Edition.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline YitzyS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: November 16, 2020, 09:55:47 PM »
And in 45 other threads. Welcome to DDF: Covid-era Edition.
My 'like' on your post means that I agree with your message. It should not in any way imply that I like it.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #1907 on: November 16, 2020, 10:01:39 PM »
My 'like' on your post means that I agree with your message. It should not in any way imply that I like it.

And my like on your post is because I agree with your message, and with your dislike of the situation. And my explanation post is in solidarity with your posts of explanation. Tag.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #1908 on: November 16, 2020, 10:18:23 PM »
And my like on your post is because I agree with your message, and with your dislike of the situation. And my explanation post is in solidarity with your posts of explanation. Tag.
My likes on your posts are to express my dislike for the messages. And to support soup kitchens everywhere.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: November 17, 2020, 12:23:46 AM »

Way too politicized. Just tell me what your <censored> plan is without having to bash Trump every other sentence.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline drosenberg88429

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: November 17, 2020, 12:46:07 AM »

He takes a lot of words to say nothing.

At the end of the day, everyone has the same plan-take credit the vaccines when they're released, blame others for the infections until they are, and make believe we want to do contact tracing without actually doing it, because Americans will go nuts from the intrusion of privacy, and the delayed reaction is way too late to really be useful. Nobody has any real plans that have proven effective to prevent a second wave, be it New York, Florida, Texas, Michigan, Brazil, India, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, UK, France, Spain, Italy, Israel, or Mexico. Cuomo seems to feel that waiting for a forest fire to run out of fuel and then taking credit for putting it out is a good plan. Most politicians would concur. Whatever goes right take credit for, whatever goes wrong blame your enemies.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: November 17, 2020, 12:47:36 AM »
Way too politicized. Just tell me what your <censored> plan is without having to bash Trump every other sentence.
The link I posted was from the pre-election campaign focused on beating Trump.

The transition team's website has a Covid response plan without any reference to Trump at all - https://buildbackbetter.com/priorities/covid-19/

Either way, it's wrong to accuse Biden of not helping saving Americans by publicizing his plan, it's been well known for a long time.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: November 17, 2020, 12:50:30 AM »
Nobody has any real plans that have proven effective to prevent a second wave, be it New York, Florida, Texas, Michigan, Brazil, India, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, UK, France, Spain, Italy, Israel, or Mexico
Contrary to your primal analysis, there is an order of magnitude gap between the impact on those jurisdictions. Lumping Brazil & Denmark in the same sentence is an insult to our intelligence.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: November 17, 2020, 12:53:06 AM »
Tuning out as these arguments go round and round in circles, but has the Trump admin done anything at all to improve testing?
It's a no-brainer to spend money to stimulate development of better testing tech which will enable faster & more accurate results.

That alone would save many lives and Biden gets major credit for putting it in his plan.

Offline iluv2travel

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: November 17, 2020, 01:03:40 AM »
Tuning out as these arguments go round and round in circles, but has the Trump admin done anything at all to improve testing?
It's a no-brainer to spend money to stimulate development of better testing tech which will enable faster & more accurate results.

That alone would save many lives and Biden gets major credit for putting it in his plan.

How does better testing tech save lives? Even if the result is instant and 100% accurate, a person who tests positive will have already exposed plenty of others by the time they realized they need to test either because they felt sick or were told they had exposure to someone else who was positive.

Offline drosenberg88429

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: November 17, 2020, 01:09:57 AM »
Contrary to your primal analysis, there is an order of magnitude gap between the impact on those jurisdictions. Lumping Brazil & Denmark in the same sentence is an insult to our intelligence.

I didn't list Belarus, because they're the only place with a plan. :)

Incidentally, Belarus has a lower death rate than Denmark. Belgium has the highest rate in the world. What did they do so much worse than other countries?

Every country that has strict lockdowns and measures saw a resurgence. At the end of the day, nobody has an actionable long term plan other than vaccines. Biden's "plan" could have been written in March. It doesn't have an ounce of nuance, sophistication, or accounting for conditions and facts on that ground that we've learnt since then.

There's nothing necessarily wrong with that. We're not expecting Biden to be any more medically or cognitively literate than Trump. As long as he's willing to allow the experts to run the show, his lack of a plan to fight covid doesn't make him any worse than Trump. Most of his strategies are just regurgitations of what's already being done, though. He says absolutely nothing. He doesn't have any blood on his hands for that, though. If he would think that he knows what to do, that would be a lot more dangerous.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: November 17, 2020, 01:10:28 AM »
How does better testing tech save lives? Even if the result is instant and 100% accurate, a person who tests positive will have already exposed plenty of others by the time they realized they need to test either because they felt sick or were told they had exposure to someone else who was positive.
Because you’ll identify people who didn’t know they’re sick and limit their contacts from that point on.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #1917 on: November 17, 2020, 01:13:51 AM »
Because you’ll identify people who didn’t know they’re sick and limit their contacts from that point on.
More importantly, you’d limit the contacts of people who were exposed but not yet shedding virus in advance if testing would be fast enough. Not only could you prevent outbreaks from occurring, this would be a valuable tool to actually extinguish ongoing outbreaks.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: November 17, 2020, 01:18:03 AM »
More importantly, you’d limit the contacts of people who were exposed but not yet shedding virus in advance if testing would be fast enough. Not only could you prevent outbreaks from occurring, this would be a valuable tool to actually extinguish ongoing outbreaks.
Amazing that 10 months into the virus there are people who still don’t understand this

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: November 17, 2020, 07:08:36 AM »
Amazing that 10 months into the virus there are people who still don’t understand this

I’m young and healthy so my friends and I can do whatever we want as COVID can’t harm us anyway

/s
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)