Author Topic: Tweets, Pictures, And Videos That Are Coronavirus Related  (Read 483757 times)

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
Re: Tweets, Pictures, And Videos That Are Coronavirus Related
« Reply #2380 on: April 18, 2021, 10:45:08 PM »
CDC site has a map you can scroll over and see doses administered per 100k residents. It's pretty noticeable who's lagging.

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#vaccinations
Without looking, can I take a guess that the more rural a state is the fewer per 100k? That is what many of us had said would likely happen with the transport requirements of the mRNA shots.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Lurker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #2381 on: April 18, 2021, 11:36:24 PM »
Without looking, can I take a guess that the more rural a state is the fewer per 100k? That is what many of us had said would likely happen with the transport requirements of the mRNA shots.

I don't think that's the case. You'd have to break it down by county of each state in order to really determine that, and then check local news sources to see if supply is an issue. I haven't seen anything reported, but I haven't looked hard, and larger outlets may not be inclined to pick up that angle.

Interesting. There are plenty of R states that are on par with the D states. it's pretty much just the South, which might be indicative of something else

This is a pretty accurate observation, with the exception of a few Western states. Interestingly, those Southern states have high numbers of 2 demographics that have been said to trust the vaccine less than others: older White Republicans, and African Americans. In Utah, I don't know if religion is a factor.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline ckmk47

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: April 19, 2021, 12:15:41 AM »
Having had covid, I don't plan on taking the vaccine. So I will be counted as unvaccinated, although I'm actually protected.  Could that be a factor in some areas?
My favorite cause: cssy.org

Online yitzgar

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: April 19, 2021, 01:17:38 AM »
I don't think that's the case. You'd have to break it down by county of each state in order to really determine that, and then check local news sources to see if supply is an issue. I haven't seen anything reported, but I haven't looked hard, and larger outlets may not be inclined to pick up that angle.

This is a pretty accurate observation, with the exception of a few Western states. Interestingly, those Southern states have high numbers of 2 demographics that have been said to trust the vaccine less than others: older White Republicans, and African Americans. In Utah, I don't know if religion is a factor.
Also much more rural, generally. I expect that numbers are much lower in rural areas in all states
I see now that aygart made this point

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: April 19, 2021, 07:58:55 AM »
Having had covid, I don't plan on taking the vaccine. So I will be counted as unvaccinated, although I'm actually protected.  Could that be a factor in some areas?

What about if your antibodies waned?
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #2385 on: April 19, 2021, 08:04:36 AM »

It is not only supply but the logistics of actual distribution. This is a significant portion of the FL experience with 60 minutes and DeSantis

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #2386 on: April 19, 2021, 08:32:35 AM »
It is not only supply but the logistics of actual distribution. This is a significant portion of the FL experience with 60 minutes and DeSantis

I understand. I'm just not sure that those states have more issues than others in that regard. I don't know that a larger percentage of their populations are more spread out than other states.

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: April 19, 2021, 08:36:14 AM »
I understand. I'm just not sure that those states have more issues than others in that regard. I don't know that a larger percentage of their populations are more spread out than other states.
Dunno. Is there more granular data available?

Online yitzgar

• View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: April 19, 2021, 08:41:36 AM »
My guess is that it has to do with suspicion of the vaccine, but not really R vs D. Maybe more more cultural

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: April 19, 2021, 08:42:46 AM »
Dunno. Is there more granular data available?

If you click on each state, you can get a county breakdown, which would give you a slightly clearer picture. I honestly don't think the very rural areas are important in general, and definitely not at this point in the game.

Online yitzgar

• View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: April 19, 2021, 09:00:58 AM »
If you click on each state, you can get a county breakdown, which would give you a slightly clearer picture. I honestly don't think the very rural areas are important in general, and definitely not at this point in the game.
There have been waves in rural areas fwiw. They also usually have less hospital beds etc

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: April 19, 2021, 09:14:38 AM »
There have been waves in rural areas fwiw. They also usually have less hospital beds etc

Yes, but in terms of getting as many people vaccinated as possible as quickly as possible, the urban areas are more important. Also in terms of spread, I believe that outbreaks in rural areas are more likely to stay localized. On a micro level, their health is obviously important and they need to have access to vaccines like everyone else. IMO at this point in the game, targeting urban areas is more important in the big picture.

Offline avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: April 19, 2021, 09:29:12 AM »
The more rural a state is, the more it will be a factor in how many people were vaccinated.

It's going to be pretty difficult to compare counties, the population alone doesn't give the full picture. If you have 2 counties with 10k people, in one of them 90% of the people live in a 5 mile radius or 10 minute drive while in the other they live spread throughout. You'll have very different results.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: April 19, 2021, 09:36:21 AM »
The more rural a state is, the more it will be a factor in how many people were vaccinated.

It's going to be pretty difficult to compare counties, the population alone doesn't give the full picture. If you have 2 counties with 10k people, in one of them 90% of the people live in a 5 mile radius or 10 minute drive while in the other they live spread throughout. You'll have very different results.

It's not going to be perfect, but breaking it down by county gives you a better picture. I don't know how to determine which states are "more rural." I would think Montana and the Dakotas are more rural than most Southern states.

Offline ckmk47

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: April 19, 2021, 11:41:02 AM »
What about if your antibodies waned?
A vaccine mimics the body.  It causes production of antibodies.  Then the antibody numbers wane. But (the T-cells remember recipe for the antibodies and ) gears up production if challenged by the virus.
My favorite cause: cssy.org

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: April 19, 2021, 12:08:12 PM »
A vaccine mimics the body.  It causes production of antibodies.  Then the antibody numbers wane. But (the T-cells remember recipe for the antibodies and ) gears up production if challenged by the virus.

Yes and no, in some ways it mimics it and in some ways a vaccine can be produced to be more efficient than natural antibodies (e.g. the discussed boosters being developed to specifically target variants B.1.351).

In any case, if someone's natural/vaccine antibodies waned a booster could potentially boost their immunity.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Online PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Online PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: April 20, 2021, 02:33:32 PM »
Interesting. There are plenty of R states that are on par with the D states. it's pretty much just the South, which might be indicative of something else
Lol. They appear to be on par only because that chart doesn't catalog states that have above 60 doses administered per 100 people. You may as well lower the bar to 10 doses and then all states are on par...

There are 19 states with more than 70 doses per 100 people, only 2 of them didn't vote Biden, and they are at the bottom of the list (Alaska with 70,744/100,000 and SD with 72,216) despite being two of the smallest states in the country. New Hampshire is at 81, Vermont, Maine, CT, MA, & NM around ~77, many of which are very rural.

״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Online PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: April 20, 2021, 02:34:47 PM »
A vaccine mimics the body.
The vaccine mimics (a portion of) the virus, which causes the body to react to it like it reacts to the virus.

Online PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: April 20, 2021, 02:48:17 PM »
My guess is that it has to do with suspicion of the vaccine, but not really R vs D.
Every poll shows a huge R-D hesitancy gap.