Author Topic: Corona virus and your shul  (Read 144354 times)

Offline Luvisrael

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Corona virus and your shull
« Reply #570 on: March 29, 2020, 12:37:03 PM »
I was speaking to our shuls rav and he said that anyone who arranges a minyan etc, Will have to answer in shamayim for undermining the psak and efforts of the rabbanim in this crisis.

Offline yitzgar

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: March 29, 2020, 12:41:48 PM »
A friend was raving that our Rav should put them in cherem.

I said they should not be allowed back.

If the Rav paskens that you cannot make or daven with minyanim, And you violate him in public I don't think you should be allowed back
Yup

Offline chevron

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: March 29, 2020, 12:46:00 PM »
I think your agenda is making you miss the point. Everyone here is concerned. Everyone is trying to social distance as much as possible. But some people are obsessed with death and how were all gonna die, and some are trying to Have a more positive outlook.

Why do you think I have an agenda How can you have an agenda here unless you own funeral homes?

I'm supposedly a clear embodiment of Satan.

You are like a yekke in the library , he sees a fire but you can't raise your voice in the library so he whispers that there's a fire.

When I see a danger I scream.. himmel geshray!

I also had a major fight with a close friend who said I'm not being melamed zechus on yidden who are Moser nefesh to daven and learn.

That's not the case and it's easy to judge on the internet, it's easy to take my prior expressed hashkafa and use it against me.

Personally I don't care, I cry for the niftarim.

I cry for the hundreds on life support

I had 30 surgeries and "shelo teidu od tzaar" I know the pain they are going through and 2 years ago I had to be put to sleep because I fought off the respirator.

I'm not here to disparage the rabbanim.

When I pointed this stuff out at the begining, I was mocked and shouted down.

We all erred, I'm frustrated yes.

I'm not trying to find reasons for this mageifa.

I'm not blaming anyone on purpose, I'm trying to get people to take this seriously, there are many who do not.

I pointed out repeatedly that many communities were saying that it went from 0 to 60, meanwhile many people were not taking it seriously because the community is not affected seemingly

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #573 on: March 29, 2020, 12:47:06 PM »
First of all, to say everyone on this thread is doing all they can in they can in the effort to advance social distancing is garbage, considering how many people have organized or joined minyanim in the last few days.

Second, @chevron made clear that his opinion is that information coming to and from Reb Chaim is being controlled by his inner circle. He also believes that coming out against minyanim today, when 2 weeks ago strong statements were made against c"v shutting schools, yeshivos, and shuls, is tantamount to shutting the barn door after the horses are running away. It's not the Rov who's being criticized, it's the information flow. You cannot rationally argue that the announcement to keep the status quo 2 weeks ago didn't have extreme repercussions.

I understand Kavod HaTorah and talking appropriately about Rabbonim and Gedolei HaDor. It's time we listened to the Torah and actually listen to doctors about what we should do, instead of waiting for Daas Torah to come out and say something. There are countless (hundreds) of letters from the Lubavitcher Rebbe, telling people that God gave the doctors the ability to heal, and it is our responsibility to listen to them. You shouldn't have to wait for your Rov to tell you to wash your hands.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 12:52:35 PM by Lurker »
When you find yourself agreeing with me more often than not, it's time for a cheshbon hanefesh.

Offline chevron

• View Profile
« Reply #574 on: March 29, 2020, 12:52:58 PM »
First of all, to say everyone on this thread is doing all they can in they can in the effort to advance social distancing is garbage, considering how many people have organized or joined minyan in the last few days.

Second, @chevron made clear that his opinion is that information coming to and from Reb Chaim is being controlled by his inner circle. He also believes that coming out against minyanim today, when 2 weeks ago strong statements were made against c"v shutting schools, yeshivos, and shuls, is tantamount to shutting the barn door after the horses are running away. It's not the Rov who's being criticized, it's the information flow. You cannot rationally argue that the announcement to keep the status quo 2 weeks ago didn't have extreme repercussions.

I understand Kavod HaTorah and being talking appropriately about Rabbonim and Gedolei HaDor. It's time we listened to the Torah and actually listen to doctors about what we should do, instead of waiting for Daas Torah to come out and say something. There are countless (hundreds) of letters from the Lubavitcher Rebbe, telling people that God gave the doctors the ability to heal, and it is our responsibility to listen to them. You shouldn't have to wait for your Rov to tell you to wash your hands.

Thank you for separating my opinions and emotions and forming a concise outlay

Offline yitzgar

• View Profile
« Reply #575 on: March 29, 2020, 12:56:32 PM »
Can anyone show me where R' Chaim said not to have minyanim? All I saw that he said was about people who are either sick, or in contact with someone sick or who is supposed to be in quarantine by the health ministry. It doesn't seem that he has changed his opinion.

Offline israshot

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: March 29, 2020, 01:04:16 PM »
Can anyone show me where R' Chaim said not to have minyanim? All I saw that he said was about people who are either sick, or in contact with someone sick or who is supposed to be in quarantine by the health ministry. It doesn't seem that he has changed his opinion.
He didn't. Or to be more clear, no one asked him...

Offline Luvisrael

• View Profile
« Reply #577 on: March 29, 2020, 01:07:26 PM »
according to this article this was for a Bnei Braq. I donít know how reliable this is to begin with though...

https://www.bhol.co.il/news/1090634

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime Plat, DL Dirt, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Avis Chairman, National EE, Hertz PC
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline chevron

• View Profile

Offline chevron

• View Profile
« Reply #580 on: March 29, 2020, 01:22:57 PM »
And this... Well, I mean I admire their mesiras nefesh but holy smokes.. having toiveled keilim in these mikvaot.. it's not a Corona virus I'm worried about but 🤮

https://www.ynet.co.il/articles/0,7340,L-5703520,00.html

Offline hvaces42

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: March 29, 2020, 01:24:21 PM »
https://vosizneias.com/2020/03/29/hundreds-attend-bnei-brak-funeral-amid-criticism-of-lack-of-adherence-to-social-distancing/

Its story's like these that frustrate me
There was just a huge levaya in Bobov for a young person. No social distancing either. People just dont get it. I drove by and could not fathom what these people were thinking. 
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline Luvisrael

• View Profile
« Reply #582 on: March 29, 2020, 01:27:11 PM »
There was just a huge levaya in Bobov for a young person. No social distancing either. People just dont get it. I drove by and could not fathom what these people were thinking.
wow. Just wow!

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: March 29, 2020, 01:32:44 PM »
#NotARealRov

FTFY

This is classic do-as-I-say-not-as-I-do. Real Rabbi should be more machmir on himself and not daven with a minyan.

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
You're so far up Trump's a** you can see Giuliani's feet.  HT Baruch