Author Topic: Corona virus and your shul  (Read 368815 times)

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
Re: Corona virus and your shull
« Reply #560 on: March 29, 2020, 12:29:52 PM »
Ok my bad, I didn't use punctuation.

I was talking about it hand in hand with the article that I posted I don't remember if it was this thread or the other one (sometimes I just use speech to text and there's no punctuation)

The VIN article saying every chareidi tested in bnai brak came back positive etc.
Some anonymous doctor on VIN. Great source.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline yakov116

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: March 29, 2020, 12:30:04 PM »
So it's assur to post links you don't approve of ? @jj1000  add this guy as a mod
Yes Must get FDA approval.

You got my point many other people pointed out the same thing.  Please Stop now is not the time we need this kind of talk.

May hashem bentch you and your friends all the best.
Money talks...mine says goodbye!

Offline chevron

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: March 29, 2020, 12:30:29 PM »
forget gihennim, maybe help your friends out in the ICU by watching what you say on a public forum! Minyanim can kill but so can disrespecting rabbanim, lashin hara and Rechilus as well!! We all agree that we are in a terrible predicament. Let us focus on doing what we can to help ourselves.

I'm not gonna start, you are incapable of 2 dimensional conversation.

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #563 on: March 29, 2020, 12:30:46 PM »
So it's assur to post links you don't approve of ? @jj1000  add this guy as a mod
It is not the link. It is the way you are talking like a toilet. The same point can be made talking like a mentch. Others have managed.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline yaakov35

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: March 29, 2020, 12:30:52 PM »
It's sick that people need to see thousands of community members die before they are allowed to start being concerned.
I think your agenda is making you miss the point. Everyone here is concerned. Everyone is trying to social distance as much as possible. But some people are obsessed with death and how were all gonna die, and some are trying to Have a more positive outlook.

Offline YitzyS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: March 29, 2020, 12:31:09 PM »
Is that the best you can do? I also detest cholent and don't shuckle when I daven... I'm definitely adopted.
Wasn't trying to get petty, just to inject some humor to lubricate this friction-heavy conversation. I do think that your comments implied Rav Chaim was at fault, but you already clarified that it was not your intention...

Offline chevron

• View Profile
« Reply #566 on: March 29, 2020, 12:31:29 PM »
Some anonymous doctor on VIN. Great source.

Maybe maybe not but it's nice of you to point that out on the other hand I've seen people argue that the Corona virus wasn't so bad at least on some anonymous stuff too on the internet and anonymous WhatsApp forwarding.

So at least people are starting to look into things

Offline shaulyaakov

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: March 29, 2020, 12:33:18 PM »
If I were a president of a shul, I would ban those who davened at private minyanimin definence of orders from shuls for an equivalent number of weeks once shuls are back.

Offline Luvisrael

• View Profile
« Reply #568 on: March 29, 2020, 12:33:41 PM »
I'm not gonna start, you are incapable of 2 dimensional conversation.
sorry I will not get dragged into a personal back and forth. I made my point. I sincerely hope you take it to heart.

Offline chevron

• View Profile
« Reply #569 on: March 29, 2020, 12:35:12 PM »
If I were a president of a shul, I would ban those who davened at private minyanimin definence of orders from shuls for an equivalent number of weeks once shuls are back.

A friend was raving that our Rav should put them in cherem.

I said they should not be allowed back.

If the Rav paskens that you cannot make or daven with minyanim, And you violate him in public I don't think you should be allowed back

Offline Luvisrael

• View Profile
« Reply #570 on: March 29, 2020, 12:37:03 PM »
I was speaking to our shuls rav and he said that anyone who arranges a minyan etc, Will have to answer in shamayim for undermining the psak and efforts of the rabbanim in this crisis.

Offline yitzgar

• View Profile
« Reply #571 on: March 29, 2020, 12:41:48 PM »
A friend was raving that our Rav should put them in cherem.

I said they should not be allowed back.

If the Rav paskens that you cannot make or daven with minyanim, And you violate him in public I don't think you should be allowed back
Yup

Offline chevron

• View Profile
« Reply #572 on: March 29, 2020, 12:46:00 PM »
I think your agenda is making you miss the point. Everyone here is concerned. Everyone is trying to social distance as much as possible. But some people are obsessed with death and how were all gonna die, and some are trying to Have a more positive outlook.

Why do you think I have an agenda How can you have an agenda here unless you own funeral homes?

I'm supposedly a clear embodiment of Satan.

You are like a yekke in the library , he sees a fire but you can't raise your voice in the library so he whispers that there's a fire.

When I see a danger I scream.. himmel geshray!

I also had a major fight with a close friend who said I'm not being melamed zechus on yidden who are Moser nefesh to daven and learn.

That's not the case and it's easy to judge on the internet, it's easy to take my prior expressed hashkafa and use it against me.

Personally I don't care, I cry for the niftarim.

I cry for the hundreds on life support

I had 30 surgeries and "shelo teidu od tzaar" I know the pain they are going through and 2 years ago I had to be put to sleep because I fought off the respirator.

I'm not here to disparage the rabbanim.

When I pointed this stuff out at the begining, I was mocked and shouted down.

We all erred, I'm frustrated yes.

I'm not trying to find reasons for this mageifa.

I'm not blaming anyone on purpose, I'm trying to get people to take this seriously, there are many who do not.

I pointed out repeatedly that many communities were saying that it went from 0 to 60, meanwhile many people were not taking it seriously because the community is not affected seemingly

Offline Lurker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #573 on: March 29, 2020, 12:47:06 PM »
First of all, to say everyone on this thread is doing all they can in they can in the effort to advance social distancing is garbage, considering how many people have organized or joined minyanim in the last few days.

Second, @chevron made clear that his opinion is that information coming to and from Reb Chaim is being controlled by his inner circle. He also believes that coming out against minyanim today, when 2 weeks ago strong statements were made against c"v shutting schools, yeshivos, and shuls, is tantamount to shutting the barn door after the horses are running away. It's not the Rov who's being criticized, it's the information flow. You cannot rationally argue that the announcement to keep the status quo 2 weeks ago didn't have extreme repercussions.

I understand Kavod HaTorah and talking appropriately about Rabbonim and Gedolei HaDor. It's time we listened to the Torah and actually listen to doctors about what we should do, instead of waiting for Daas Torah to come out and say something. There are countless (hundreds) of letters from the Lubavitcher Rebbe, telling people that God gave the doctors the ability to heal, and it is our responsibility to listen to them. You shouldn't have to wait for your Rov to tell you to wash your hands.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 12:52:35 PM by Lurker »
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline chevron

• View Profile
« Reply #574 on: March 29, 2020, 12:52:58 PM »
First of all, to say everyone on this thread is doing all they can in they can in the effort to advance social distancing is garbage, considering how many people have organized or joined minyan in the last few days.

Second, @chevron made clear that his opinion is that information coming to and from Reb Chaim is being controlled by his inner circle. He also believes that coming out against minyanim today, when 2 weeks ago strong statements were made against c"v shutting schools, yeshivos, and shuls, is tantamount to shutting the barn door after the horses are running away. It's not the Rov who's being criticized, it's the information flow. You cannot rationally argue that the announcement to keep the status quo 2 weeks ago didn't have extreme repercussions.

I understand Kavod HaTorah and being talking appropriately about Rabbonim and Gedolei HaDor. It's time we listened to the Torah and actually listen to doctors about what we should do, instead of waiting for Daas Torah to come out and say something. There are countless (hundreds) of letters from the Lubavitcher Rebbe, telling people that God gave the doctors the ability to heal, and it is our responsibility to listen to them. You shouldn't have to wait for your Rov to tell you to wash your hands.

Thank you for separating my opinions and emotions and forming a concise outlay

Offline yitzgar

• View Profile
« Reply #575 on: March 29, 2020, 12:56:32 PM »
Can anyone show me where R' Chaim said not to have minyanim? All I saw that he said was about people who are either sick, or in contact with someone sick or who is supposed to be in quarantine by the health ministry. It doesn't seem that he has changed his opinion.

Offline israshot

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: March 29, 2020, 01:04:16 PM »
Can anyone show me where R' Chaim said not to have minyanim? All I saw that he said was about people who are either sick, or in contact with someone sick or who is supposed to be in quarantine by the health ministry. It doesn't seem that he has changed his opinion.
He didn't. Or to be more clear, no one asked him...

Offline Luvisrael

• View Profile
« Reply #577 on: March 29, 2020, 01:07:26 PM »
according to this article this was for a Bnei Braq. I don’t know how reliable this is to begin with though...

https://www.bhol.co.il/news/1090634

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline chevron

• View Profile