Author Topic: Corona virus and your shul  (Read 368627 times)

Offline chevron

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Corona virus and your shull
« Reply #580 on: March 29, 2020, 01:22:57 PM »
And this... Well, I mean I admire their mesiras nefesh but holy smokes.. having toiveled keilim in these mikvaot.. it's not a Corona virus I'm worried about but 🤮

https://www.ynet.co.il/articles/0,7340,L-5703520,00.html

Offline hvaces42

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: March 29, 2020, 01:24:21 PM »
https://vosizneias.com/2020/03/29/hundreds-attend-bnei-brak-funeral-amid-criticism-of-lack-of-adherence-to-social-distancing/

Its story's like these that frustrate me
There was just a huge levaya in Bobov for a young person. No social distancing either. People just dont get it. I drove by and could not fathom what these people were thinking. 
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline Luvisrael

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: March 29, 2020, 01:27:11 PM »
There was just a huge levaya in Bobov for a young person. No social distancing either. People just dont get it. I drove by and could not fathom what these people were thinking.
wow. Just wow!

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: March 29, 2020, 01:32:44 PM »
#NotARealRov

FTFY

This is classic do-as-I-say-not-as-I-do. Real Rabbi should be more machmir on himself and not daven with a minyan.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline ah giten

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: March 29, 2020, 02:17:50 PM »
Why do you think I have an agenda How can you have an agenda here unless you own funeral homes?

I'm supposedly a clear embodiment of Satan.

You are like a yekke in the library , he sees a fire but you can't raise your voice in the library so he whispers that there's a fire.

When I see a danger I scream.. himmel geshray!

I also had a major fight with a close friend who said I'm not being melamed zechus on yidden who are Moser nefesh to daven and learn.

That's not the case and it's easy to judge on the internet, it's easy to take my prior expressed hashkafa and use it against me.

Personally I don't care, I cry for the niftarim.

I cry for the hundreds on life support

I had 30 surgeries and "shelo teidu od tzaar" I know the pain they are going through and 2 years ago I had to be put to sleep because I fought off the respirator.

I'm not here to disparage the rabbanim.

When I pointed this stuff out at the begining, I was mocked and shouted down.

We all erred, I'm frustrated yes.

I'm not trying to find reasons for this mageifa.

I'm not blaming anyone on purpose, I'm trying to get people to take this seriously, there are many who do not.

I pointed out repeatedly that many communities were saying that it went from 0 to 60, meanwhile many people were not taking it seriously because the community is not affected seemingly
I have a neighbor that is busy yelling abt the minyanim but he is out smoking all day with friends and showing them videos on his phone, while in close contact. that's not a problem I guess.

Offline ah giten

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: March 29, 2020, 02:20:08 PM »
When all our friends on Twitter that don't daven with minyen from Rosh hashana til rosh Hashana, are only busy with our minyanim, iI get frustrated. No I don't daven with minyan, I'm home.
But it should come from Rabbanim, not from lowlifes.

Offline good sam

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: March 29, 2020, 02:38:17 PM »
I was speaking to our shuls rav and he said that anyone who arranges a minyan etc, Will have to answer in shamayim for undermining the psak and efforts of the rabbanim in this crisis.
I assume this applies with even greater force to rabbanim who shut down their shul and continued making private minyanim.

I know of one personally, his wife is currently in the ICU. She should have a refuah shleima.

I won't name him because I'm dan him lecaf zchus that he didn't understand the severity because he's so removed from this world.
If you don't care why would you comment?
HT: DMYD

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline mlight

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: March 29, 2020, 05:53:00 PM »
 If there was ever a need for a dislike button it would be to be מוחה  for the kavod of our gedolim. דעת בעה"ב הפוך מדעת תורה, whether we are privileged to see it in our lifetime or not. I dont claim to understand the ways of hashem or the thinking of our gedolim,  but collectively,  מי אנו בין ההרים גדולים?

Offline chevron

• View Profile
« Reply #590 on: March 29, 2020, 07:18:18 PM »
Shame on you for judging others.  Yes it should come from rabbis, but how many rabbis had wrong judgement? They kept shuls open and now people died because of it.

You are going to get flamed for that...

Everyone knows that rabbanim can never be wrong... Like ever.. if you take a rabbi to task for sheltering and protecting a molester, yok gonna burn! Your Mama gonna burn! Your cats gonna burn!

My issue I have here is that in most recent comment points it out.. no one can question rabbanim.

Listen @mlight  I'm not here to question anybody but I'm going to tell you that the way this crisis goes down.

I dunno what frum Judaism will look like the day after.. and yes I worry!!

What happens lo aleinu when yesomim grow up and someone tells them how the father died because the Rav didn't close the shull.

Do you think they will just accept it as a gezeira milmala or be angry at rabbanim?

now, you can reply to this post in two ways A you can attack me, that's fine.

B as @ah giten  explained in the past, his father was mostly clueless not because he didn't care but because the advice he was given wasn't up to snuff And there were problems in the information supply chain logistics.

For that I am okay, obviously we're going to need to make changes in the future about how the frum community gets its information.

Offline yakov116

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: March 29, 2020, 07:26:23 PM »
You are going to get flamed for that...

Everyone knows that rabbanim can never be wrong... Like ever.. if you take a rabbi to task for sheltering and protecting a molester, yok gonna burn! Your Mama gonna burn! Your cats gonna burn!

My issue I have here is that in most recent comment points it out.. no one can question rabbanim.

Listen @mlight  I'm not here to question anybody but I'm going to tell you that the way this crisis goes down.

I dunno what frum Judaism will look like the day after.. and yes I worry!!

What happens lo aleinu when yesomim grow up and someone tells them how the father died because the Rav didn't close the shull.

Do you think they will just accept it as a gezeira milmala or be angry at rabbanim?

now, you can reply to this post in two ways A you can attack me, that's fine.

B as @ah giten  explained in the past, his father was mostly clueless not because he didn't care but because the advice he was given wasn't up to snuff And there were problems in the information supply chain logistics.

For that I am okay, obviously we're going to need to make changes in the future about how the frum community gets its information.

We hear your concern.

However, Let me say what issue we had with what you said very simply.
Don't mix your feelings with how you look at rabbanim.
Money talks...mine says goodbye!

Offline chevron

• View Profile
« Reply #592 on: March 29, 2020, 07:30:17 PM »
We hear your concern.

However, Let me say what issue we had with what you said very simply.
Don't mix your feelings with how you look at rabbanim.

Let me give you an example

https://collive.com/this-past-shabbos-in-crown-heights/#comments

Read this comments in the figure out why we have a pandemic.

How many people quoting rabbanim?

Are they making it up? I dunno.

I can tell you that personally in my community that they did not want to close the shulls.

Every doctor in Miami begged them to.

And this is where I'm going to shut up, yes maybe you would understand me more if you understand what I'm coming from.

But actually because of my respect for rabbanim I'll stay silent.

Offline chevron

• View Profile
« Reply #593 on: March 29, 2020, 07:31:31 PM »
People make up stuff about being immune, they go make up stuff about allowed minyanim.

What happens if there was a second wave of infections?!?!

Offline chevron

• View Profile
« Reply #594 on: March 29, 2020, 07:33:42 PM »
Personally btw this was my 3rd Shabbat home alone and it makes me sad :( I could argue that it's forbidden to be sad on Shabbat therefore I better go eat with family or friends and endanger everyone's lives.

People have this type of logic.. I really sometimes wonder how we ever sent a man to the moon..

Offline chevron

• View Profile
« Reply #595 on: March 29, 2020, 07:36:29 PM »
Also for everybody bashing me How do you know I'm not a Rav ? ;)

Offline mlight

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: March 29, 2020, 07:36:40 PM »
@chevron, I respect the challenge you are facing. I dont have the answers, definitely not the ones you want to hear.
Going on a public forum, speaking negatively about anyone, let alone those whose lives are dedicated to Hashem, His torah and His people will not bring about any remedy or change. If that's your goal, you're getting nowhere close to it.
To the contrary, think of Miriam merely "questioning" Moshe. Think of Korach and his qualms with Moshe, which BTW were unfortunately accepted by the public. Look throughout history at those that rejected and even questioned gedolei yisroel and the destruction it brought us. Which side of those sentiments would we have taken? Can we say we would have always, with our limited vision, taken the correct side? I humbly propose we yield to the rabbanim.
Again, let me reiterate, your vices and questions are difficult ones. However, rather than accomplish nothing constructive venting in this forum I would suggest having a conversation with your trusted rabbinic/hashkafic authority.
Nothing but love my man!

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: March 29, 2020, 07:37:58 PM »
People make up stuff about being immune, they go make up stuff about allowed minyanim.

What happens if there was a second wave of infections?!?!
Second wave ? I’m glad you’re so optimistic about us getting through round one. The gabbai of shomer shabbos is still out there asking passers-by to join a minyan. I told him to jump in the lake. Somebody has to get through to him that he has blood on his hands & needs to shut the damn thing down already.

Offline chevron

• View Profile
« Reply #598 on: March 29, 2020, 07:40:57 PM »
@chevron, I respect the challenge you are facing. I dont have the answers, definitely not the ones you want to hear.
Going on a public forum, speaking negatively about anyone, let alone those whose lives are dedicated to Hashem, His torah and His people will not bring about any remedy or change. If that's your goal, you're getting nowhere close to it.
To the contrary, think of Miriam merely "questioning" Moshe. Think of Korach and his qualms with Moshe, which BTW were unfortunately accepted by the public. Look throughout history at those that rejected and even questioned gedolei yisroel and the destruction it brought us. Which side of those sentiments would we have taken? Can we say we would have always, with our limited vision, taken the correct side? I humbly propose we yield to the rabbanim.
Again, let me reiterate, your vices and questions are difficult ones. However, rather than accomplish nothing constructive venting in this forum I would suggest having a conversation with your trusted rabbinic/hashkafic authority.
Nothing but love my man!

There was not a universal consensus there were many rabbanim from day 1 saying close everything etc etc.

They may not be your rabbanim But it doesn't change the situation so maybe the rabbanim you follow chose one derech. My Rav closed the shull at the beginning.

As the facts on the ground show and the comments will tell you it's still an issue right now.

Online YitzyS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: March 29, 2020, 07:47:23 PM »
There was not a universal consensus there were many rabbanim from day 1 saying close everything etc etc.

They may not be your rabbanim But it doesn't change the situation so maybe the rabbanim you follow chose one derech. My Rav closed the shull at the beginning.

As the facts on the ground show and the comments will tell you it's still an issue right now.
There is a concept we find in Chazal that Hashem deliberately hid things from tzadikim so that they should not sense impending danger.