Author Topic: Corona virus and your shul  (Read 374355 times)

Offline yossig

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Re: Corona virus and your shul
« Reply #1200 on: April 23, 2020, 12:02:51 PM »
Please post your full name so you can accept responsibility when everyone dies .

Fool

You show a typical stupidity and lack of cognitive powers.

::)

Offline hvaces42

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: April 23, 2020, 12:06:31 PM »
I stepped outside my house yesterday and the outside mincha minyan was gathering. The one individual who refuses to daven at his steps, who was hospitalized for 2 weeks, starts yelling at me that he is not mochel me for embarrassing him b'rabim for davening at the minyan. I never embarrassed him. I asked simply how he knows he is not contagious and how he can expose others who daven at that minyan who know for a fact that they havent had the virus. I just cant deal with these people. The curses that he hurled at me were just astonishing. All in the name of frumkeit. I have not said a word to anyone of my neighbors, except n jest for the last week. I have no control over them. I'm just very disappointed that I am surrounded by selfish people. 

The Gerrer Rebbe was not seen in public for 5+ weeks until he came to the window 2 days ago to give kavod achron to one of his chasidim. His many chasidim on my block insist on making quasi-porch minyanim, where some stay on their own steps but others come from around the corner and yet others stroll up and down the block all davening. I just cant understand. The chasidim are more frum than the Rebbe?

I'm sorry, am I the crazy one here?   

End/rant for now...
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline shapsam

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: April 23, 2020, 12:07:15 PM »
Is there anything for people who work working off the books? AFAF
From NJ unemployment website:
A NJ worker experiencing any of the following COVID-19 scenarios would likely be eligible for Pandemic Unemployment Assistance:

diagnosed with COVID-19 or experiencing symptoms and seeking medical diagnosis (please note, NJ is currently awaiting specific guidance from USDOL on this scenario)
member of the individual's household diagnosed with COVID–19
providing care for family member or member of household who has been diagnosed with COVID-19
individual is primary caregiver for child or family member unable to attend school or another facility closed due to COVID-19
unable to reach place of employment due to an imposed quarantine or because advised by medical provider to self-quarantine due to COVID-19
was scheduled to commence employment and does not have a job or is unable to reach the job due to COVID-19
became breadwinner because the head of household has died from COVID-19
quit his or her job as a direct result of COVID-19
place of employment is closed due to the COVID-19 public health emergency
self-employed / independent contractors / 1099 filers / farmers - and impacted by COVID-19
seeking part-time employment but impacted by COVID-19
does not have sufficient work history and impacted by COVID-19
otherwise not qualified for regular or extended Unemployment benefits and impacted by COVID-19 (please note, NJ is currently awaiting specific guidance from USDOL on this scenario)
exhausted all benefits under regular Unemployment and impacted by COVID-19 (but if combined UI and extended benefit payments total 39 weeks, no additional benefits are available)

Offline etech0

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
« Reply #1203 on: April 23, 2020, 02:14:45 PM »
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #1204 on: April 23, 2020, 05:57:05 PM »
One thing that a friend of mine noticed is that the instructions regarding aliyos on the english version is not there on the signed hebrew version. I am looking for the source of the english version and as of now have not been successful.
(The english version was not included in the rabbonim email or text or the one sent out by Aaron Kotler)

I confirmed the english version with Rav Shmuel Meir Katz
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Yard sale

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: April 23, 2020, 11:54:52 PM »
I confirmed the english version with Rav Shmuel Meir Katz

Rav Shlomo Miller put out a letter that all porch minyanim that do laining or chazzaras hashatz  are a bracha livatala and Rav Felder gave a shiur saying most poskim (gra, chayei Adam, aruch hashulchan)don’t hold it works for tziruf and the Mishna Berura also isnt meikel even in a shas hadechak  only perhaps in a major shas  hadechak, to the point that Rav Felder advises that the chazzan has to make a tnai that it should be tefilas nedava, and there’s no chiyuv for a yachid to join if he davens better alone.

Do R’ SMK and the others agree with this? If so why wasn’t any of this noted on the letter which sounds like it is lechatchila. Also why the big push to instate porch minyanim given these issues?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 11:58:45 PM by Yard sale »

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #1206 on: April 24, 2020, 12:01:01 AM »
Rav Shlomo Miller put out a letter that all porch minyanim that do laining or chazzaras hashatz  are a bracha livatala and Rav Felder gave a shiur saying most poskim (gra, chayei Adam, aruch hashulchan)don’t hold it works for tziruf and the Mishna Berura also isnt meikel even in a shas hadechak  only perhaps in a major shas  hadechak, to the point that Rav Felder advises that the chazzan has to make a tnai that it should be tefilas nedava, and there’s no chiyuv for a yachid to join if he davens better alone.

Do R’ SMK and the others agree with this? If so why wasn’t any of this noted on the letter which sounds like it is lechatchila. Also why the big push to instate porch minyanim given these issues?
In case you haven’t noticed, this was never about doing the right thing or what’s lechatchila. Pikuach Nefesh trumps minyan, always and absolutely.

It’s about doing what you want, so they found a heter.
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline yitzgar

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: April 24, 2020, 12:01:56 AM »

Rav Shlomo Miller didn't exactly say that...

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: April 24, 2020, 12:07:54 AM »
In case you haven’t noticed, this was never about doing the right thing or what’s lechatchila. Pikuach Nefesh trumps minyan, always and absolutely.

At this point its useless to try and convince anyone that does participate in any sort of outside minyan. Chasidim are going against their rebbes. Everyone is looking for heterim or to make it even l'chatcila.

I believe and hope Im wrong that After.120 people will wonder why theyre being punished for killing people. I personally hold my Rav responsible for keeping the shul open too long resulting in an old man coming to shul and then dying. But thats between him and Hashem.
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline Yard sale

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: April 24, 2020, 12:11:39 AM »
Rav Shlomo Miller didn't exactly say that...

Safek bracha levatala. Should have been clearer.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #1210 on: April 24, 2020, 12:22:07 AM »
At this point its useless to try and convince anyone that does participate in any sort of outside minyan. Chasidim are going against their rebbes. Everyone is looking for heterim or to make it even l'chatcila.

I believe and hope Im wrong that After.120 people will wonder why theyre being punished for killing people. I personally hold my Rav responsible for keeping the shul open too long resulting in an old man coming to shul and then dying. But thats between him and Hashem.
I convinced a few people to stop, but they are back at it by now. To be fair they are being much safer than before.
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: April 24, 2020, 12:24:09 AM »

Rav Katz feels that the minyanim should be encouraged if safe but to be machmir on safe. He is very much going with the other opinions on joining for a minyan.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: April 24, 2020, 12:24:43 AM »

Offline yelped

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: April 24, 2020, 12:30:02 AM »

https://www.bhol.co.il/news/1095225
I heard part of a recording of this call.

Offline ari3

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: April 24, 2020, 12:31:36 AM »

Stop accusing thousands of yidden of not caring to do what is right. Because you don't like minyanim doesn't mean they are not right. Many thousands of people are currently b"h  davening btzibur in a safe manner with porch minyonim and such.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 01:47:21 AM by ari3 »

Offline israshot

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1215 on: April 24, 2020, 12:33:49 AM »
Many of the minyan haters are people that were lax about minyan before this started so they have no appreciation for the importance of minyan.
Stop accusing

Offline yelped

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: April 24, 2020, 12:34:03 AM »
https://www.bhol.co.il/news/1095225
I heard part of a recording of this call.

Stop accusing thousands of yidden of not caring to do what is right. Because you don't like minyanim doesn't mean they are not right. Many thousands of people are currently b"h  davening btzibur in a safe manner with porch minyonim and such.
Many of the minyan haters are people that were lax about minyan before this started so they have no appreciation for the importance of minyan.

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #1217 on: April 24, 2020, 12:34:11 AM »
Stop accusing thousands of yidden of not caring to do what is right.

Uh... :o   :-X
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: April 24, 2020, 12:35:30 AM »
Stop accusing thousands of yidden of being minyan haters who are people that were lax about minyan before this started so they have no appreciation for the importance of minyan.
FTFY How dare you. I'm makpid on minyan and more makpid on Pikuach Nefesh. Read about the psychos on my block and then shut your mouth.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: April 24, 2020, 12:36:11 AM »

One thing I can tell you as that I have seen some people hear barchu before birchos krias shma for the first time in years now.