Author Topic: Corona virus and your shul  (Read 368481 times)

Offline EliJelly

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Corona virus and your shul
« Reply #1420 on: April 26, 2020, 12:50:08 AM »
So seriously in fact that at least 3 70+ year olds were at the minyan this shabbos on my block. The reason: They are grandparents or great granparents of a baby girl that was named at the minyan. Very very very important reason that should not be discounted. Thats besides the pther guest that decided they needed to join the minyan and came to daven here on the street. Strolling back and forth is a requirement in a certain chasidus apparently.

Also trespassing on a front walk and standing at someones door who isnt home for weeks is also allowed. The guy even had the chutzpah to hang his siddur in a bag on the door all shabbos so he didnt have to carry in the eruv because he doesnt really hold of that.

Thats my update for now.
The sidur and bag part I can easily digest.. But 3 70+ people left the safety of their home for a kiddish is moronic indeed.

Offline Lurker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #1421 on: April 26, 2020, 12:50:24 AM »
Time to change your name to NJ.

Like 50% of NJ, he commutes.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline Shmobaum

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: National EE, Hertz Presidential, Marriott Gold Elite, Daf Yomi Presidential Platinum Premier
« Reply #1422 on: April 26, 2020, 12:51:29 AM »
We had a beautiful new porch minyan today with all guidelines adhered to. The weather was beautiful. The song choices for Hallel was awful.
HaShem!!! I need my shul back!!!

Offline EliJelly

• View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: April 26, 2020, 12:52:12 AM »
Time to change your name to NJ.
No, it's all political, the chief rabbi of NY is bashing NJ.

Offline hvaces42

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: April 26, 2020, 12:52:23 AM »
Most of klal yisroel closed their Shuls appx a week after purim. Contrary to what some here like to think most of the people making these decisions are responsible ehrliche people that were following the advice of most doctors and of the government that didn't feel at that point closing shuls was necessary.

In hindsight should things have been closed earlier? Yes. Does that mean that what most of klal yisroel did was wrong at the time based on the circumstances at time? No.
That one line is exactly whats wrong here. Who the heck are you at any point to say that I "didnt feel at that point closing shuls was necessary"? Were those COVIDIOTS epidemiologists? No they were misguided "erliche"  drumak dummies.
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #1425 on: April 26, 2020, 12:52:31 AM »
We had a beautiful new porch minyan today with all guidelines adhered to. The weather was beautiful. The song choices for Hallel was awful.
HaShem!!! I need my shul back!!!
+.99
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #1426 on: April 26, 2020, 12:52:59 AM »
They are grandparents or great granparents of a baby girl that was named at the minyan. Very very very important reason that should not be discounted.

This kind of stupid hurts me. Especially since I couldn't be at my own daughter's naming. G-d must love them extra.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #1427 on: April 26, 2020, 12:53:19 AM »
That one line is exactly whats wrong here. Who the heck are you at any point to say that I "didnt feel at that point closing shuls was necessary"? Were those COVIDIOTS epidemiologists? No they were misguided "erliche"  drumak dummies.
The govt was saying that
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline chevron

• View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: April 26, 2020, 12:53:31 AM »
We visit our parents and hang out in the backyard 6 feet away.

Bh we have all been healthy and overall cautious. There's a sink in the back and everyone washes their hands with soap when they come and maintain distance from my parents etc.

Still I worry yes, my nephew asked me to read him a book and I said sorry I can't read it from here I need binoculars, so my brother threw me a pair ;)

There's just 2 married siblings, small families and it's only one family at once. It's a very big backyard in Miami.

The concern with minyan is that once you have it, they spiral out of control. It's the very nature of it, it's also I am seeing so many people argue that oh it's not so bad that all they're doing this year that oh you know I see this happening and nobody got sick so what's the problem

And that's what scares me That's exactly the logic that they used in the beginning

Offline ari3

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: April 26, 2020, 12:56:08 AM »
Can someone justify what is going on in NJ ?
How can they have semi social distancing.
Are we only careful when we go to a grocery store but not by davening outside.
BMG said that chazan was supposed to stop if someone is not following their guidelines with the outside minyan. But did that happen today ? NO

Are they waiting for more people to die ??

What are you talking about????

Maybe before you rant please first describe what you are ranting about?

Offline chevron

• View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: April 26, 2020, 12:56:33 AM »
Who would've thought you wouldn't have the answer to every scenario? If you can't see a difference between 1944 and now then.....

Chaim walder said it in an interview. In ww2 they told them to flee, people didn't listen.

Now we are just asking you to stay home.

But I am glad that you yaakov35 have all the answers.

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: April 26, 2020, 12:56:55 AM »
The sidur and bag part I can easily digest.. But 3 70+ people left the safety of their home for a kiddish is moronic indeed.
Poor guy who is older and immuno-compromised comes home from sheltering in place in Arizona with his kids for the last 8 weeks and gets Coronavirus from touching his door handle because someone decided to daven at his front door. Which part of that can you digest exactly?
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline Shmobaum

• View Profile
  • Programs: National EE, Hertz Presidential, Marriott Gold Elite, Daf Yomi Presidential Platinum Premier
« Reply #1432 on: April 26, 2020, 12:58:54 AM »
Poor guy who is older and immuno-compromised comes home from sheltering in place in Arizona with his kids for the last 8 weeks and gets Coronavirus from touching his door handle because someone decided to daven at his front door. Which part of that can you digest exactly?
I’m sure the bag contained lemon scented Clorox wipes...

Offline EliJelly

• View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: April 26, 2020, 12:59:12 AM »
Oh it's all contamination related, thought it's the use of someone else's property.

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: April 26, 2020, 12:59:34 AM »
This kind of stupid hurts me. Especially since I couldn't be at my own daughter's naming. G-d must love them extra.
Must be.

Offline ari3

• View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: April 26, 2020, 01:00:06 AM »
We visit our parents and hang out in the backyard 6 feet away.

Bh we have all been healthy and overall cautious. There's a sink in the back and everyone washes their hands with soap when they come and maintain distance from my parents etc.

Still I worry yes, my nephew asked me to read him a book and I said sorry I can't read it from here I need binoculars, so my brother threw me a pair ;)

There's just 2 married siblings, small families and it's only one family at once. It's a very big backyard in Miami.

The concern with minyan is that once you have it, they spiral out of control. It's the very nature of it, it's also I am seeing so many people argue that oh it's not so bad that all they're doing this year that oh you know I see this happening and nobody got sick so what's the problem

And that's what scares me That's exactly the logic that they used in the beginning

Hmm so visiting your parents (whom I would assume are older) with social distancing is OK but if someone davens on his porch with a minyan with social distancing he is a murderer.

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: April 26, 2020, 01:00:48 AM »
Oh it's all contamination related, thought it's the use of someone else's property.
>:(

Offline EliJelly

• View Profile

Offline ari3

• View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: April 26, 2020, 01:03:08 AM »
I assume he is not coming home on shabbos so by the time he gets back the germs will be gone. (i'm not justifying using someones property without permision just pointing out you are going a bit over the top).

Offline yaakov35

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: April 26, 2020, 01:03:43 AM »
Hmm so visiting your parents (whom I would assume are older) with social distancing is OK but if someone davens on his porch with a minyan with social distancing he is a murderer.
Its ok because he speaks to 20 dr's a day, but were all dumb stupid and irresponsible. I see your catching on