Author Topic: Corona virus and your shul  (Read 368581 times)

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
Re: Corona virus and your shul
« Reply #1700 on: May 10, 2020, 11:15:30 AM »
Within the last year.

Meh, can’t see why you’d come back for ST, it’s utter chaos and doesn’t feel spiritual to me at all. Maybe I’m the problem, but things definitely changed there.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline yossig

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: May 10, 2020, 11:21:59 AM »
They are murderers, plain and simple. You’re right I know 2, forgot about 1. I also know of an older gentleman who attended one based on the advice of the Rav quoting some mekubal that tefillah betzibur could never harm him and it would protect him against COVID. He left his house for nothing else, getting everything else delivered. Well, what do you know.. he was niftar last week. PM me if you want his and the Rav’s name.
not everything that is so called “common sense” to some is really the reality for all.

Didn’t gov Cuomo say recently that 88% of new cases were from quarantined individuals?

The fact that you’re calling some Jews leaders murderers without digging deeper on what there halochic stance was, says something about you.

Enough with this garbage. Move on...

Offline LAX_Esq

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: May 10, 2020, 11:24:20 AM »
This is getting into crystal ball territory, but it seems to me that there's a decent chance that shuls might be closed for RH/YK? Has anyone else thought about this? What are we to do about shofar? Is it crazy to think that we, individually, might need to buy shofars and learn how to use them? Do you see people in your community who own shofars holding pre-arranged small group shofar-blowing sessions throughout the day on RH for people who don't own shofars?

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #1703 on: May 10, 2020, 11:33:47 AM »
not everything that is so called “common sense” to some is really the reality for all.

Didn’t gov Cuomo say recently that 88% of new cases were from quarantined individuals?

The fact that you’re calling some Jews leaders murderers without digging deeper on what there halochic stance was, says something about you.

Did he mean complete quarantine or people keeping to social distancing for the most part but going for waks and watching the Blue Angels and going shoppong etc.?
Feelings don't care about your facts

Online avromie7

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: May 10, 2020, 11:41:14 AM »

He said 66%, another 18% were from nursing homes. That means 80% of those not coming from nursing homes are staying home.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline CountValentine

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #1705 on: May 10, 2020, 11:42:32 AM »
Very interesting. They claim it will be 10 people or less with masks and social distancing, but we’ll see.. like it or not, some local shuls will probably start opening this week to some extent
If you put 10 ten people in a Church you will be hard pressed to find them.
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Online yelped

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: May 10, 2020, 11:52:25 AM »
Did he mean complete quarantine or people keeping to social distancing for the most part but going for waks and watching the Blue Angels and going shoppong etc.?
100%. That number is total garbage and open to false interpretation.

Offline S209

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #1707 on: May 10, 2020, 11:53:37 AM »

That’s not what he said. He said 66% were people at home... which is interesting, considering presumably 95%+ in NY are staying home considering it’s the LAW...

I dug deeper and didn’t like what I found. Who says I didn’t? The fact that you’re accusing me of not doing my research with no source says something about you. There by and large was no Halachic stance, they just didn’t and don’t believe the doctors and/or had poor sources of info.

Enough with this garbage. Move on..

Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Online yelped

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: May 10, 2020, 11:53:46 AM »

Can you honestly say they're not? Can they say ידינו לא שפכו את הדם הזה? Enough with the sugarcoating. Not everyone who says that they are a Rav or a Rebbe is meant to be one.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #1709 on: May 10, 2020, 11:55:34 AM »

The funniest part of this post is the 100% absolute made up number pulled right out of your *** that is easily searchable. Says something about your reliability..

Offline ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #1710 on: May 10, 2020, 12:02:34 PM »
This saddens me. I was under the impression that Dr Rosen’s community guidelines were unite conservative (in this area and others). It sounds to me like you’re saying that he was advising one thing and behaving differently.

The person who told me about it, told it to me in the context of Dr. Rosen acting there as the sheriff, making sure everyone stays on their own property, no outsiders, no guests on the sidewalk (like has been evidenced across the street from my house), etc. etc.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline yossig

• View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: May 10, 2020, 12:03:48 PM »
I’m not sure, maybe @avromie7 can clarify.

Offline yossig

• View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: May 10, 2020, 12:57:43 PM »
That’s not what he said. He said 66% were people at home... which is interesting, considering presumably 95%+ in NY are staying home considering it’s the LAW...
whatever that number is, the point is that most new cases were from ppl that were not or shouldn’t have been exposed.
Btw where’s the 95% mark from?

I dug deeper and didn’t like what I found. Who says I didn’t? The fact that you’re accusing me of not doing my research with no source says something about you. There by and large was no Halachic stance, they just didn’t and don’t believe the doctors and/or had poor sources of info.
IMO, “murderers” is a VERY wrong word choice, regardless of what was right at the time. And this should be called out each and every time!!

Can you honestly say they're not? Can they say ידינו לא שפכו את הדם הזה? Enough with the sugarcoating. Not everyone who says that they are a Rav or a Rebbe is meant to be one.
I’m not saying anything! And that’s what all of us should do, follow your own ruv’s guidance and KEEP QUIET about others that disagree!
On your 2nd point, there’s the famous saying,
 קודם מאכט מען אים אויס רבי, נאכדעם בארעדט מען אים.

Did you read the letter by R’ Eli Dov Vachtfogel posted today by @S209?
Do you know R’ Moshe Wolfson’s position on this?
What about almost ALL the chasidisha Rabbi’s?

It’s ugly to see how a poster has the chutzpah to define the above gedolim as רוצחים!
The funniest part of this post is the 100% absolute made up number pulled right out of your *** that is easily searchable. Says something about your reliability..
::)
Not sure I follow

Online Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #1713 on: May 10, 2020, 01:07:17 PM »

He meant people quarantining like his brother

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #1714 on: May 10, 2020, 01:07:30 PM »
Not sure I follow
I think this sums it up best.

Offline yossig

• View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: May 10, 2020, 01:12:03 PM »
I think this sums it up best.
any substance to add? :)

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: May 10, 2020, 07:23:26 PM »
Obviously people that stay home are also getting sick, because corona travels through cell phone radio waves, that’s why Bill Gates sold a special cell phone technology to Russia and they didn’t get sick.

Or if you guys like to hear a wild unfounded theory - people at home are getting infected from the people that go outside and come back home. Crazy but might be true.
Visibly Jewish

Offline CountValentine

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #1718 on: May 10, 2020, 07:27:35 PM »
Or if you guys like to hear a wild unfounded theory - people at home are getting infected from the people that go outside and come back home. Crazy but might be true.
Now this is scary if true, source?
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline etech0

• View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
« Reply #1719 on: May 10, 2020, 07:31:19 PM »
Obviously people that stay home are also getting sick, because corona travels through cell phone radio waves, that’s why Bill Gates sold a special cell phone technology to Russia and they didn’t get sick.

Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.