Author Topic: Corona virus and your shul  (Read 375433 times)

Offline Shmobaum

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: National EE, Hertz Presidential, Marriott Gold Elite, Daf Yomi Presidential Platinum Premier
Re: Corona virus and your shul
« Reply #2240 on: May 24, 2020, 01:45:04 AM »
Heard directly from a Hatzalah member (it’s a her btw). I haven’t heard DPs from either of them. Have you? It always starts with a small number of cases, which slowly but steadily grows.. of course we are hoping that’s not the case but where is your confidence that it is coming from?

The tehillim list was very short for a long time before Purim. Does that mean it wasn’t spreading fast?
Do you realize that in the aforementioned communities every day is like Purim in terms of ppl being around other ppl??

Offline ari3

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: May 24, 2020, 01:45:42 AM »
Heard directly from a Hatzalah member (it’s a her btw). I haven’t heard DPs from either of them. Have you? It always starts with a small number of cases, which slowly but steadily grows.. of course we are hoping that’s not the case but where is your confidence that it is coming from?

The tehillim list was very short for a long time before Purim. Does that mean it wasn’t spreading fast?
heard from Monsey that there hasn't been a covid related call in 3 weeks, and Lakewood hasn't had either

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #2242 on: May 24, 2020, 01:47:10 AM »
What’s his source? I haven’t seen on any Jewish news sites about an uptick. Additionally BH our own DDF Tehillim board has been quite dormant Bh. But even if it’s true how are you gonna explain Willy? Monsey? KJ?
If there is an uptick in BP you did not hear about it until 5 minutes ago. Now what was your question about the other places?
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: May 24, 2020, 01:47:50 AM »
Do you realize that in the aforementioned communities every day is like Purim in terms of ppl being around other ppl??
Not sure what pint you are trying to make

Offline Shmobaum

• View Profile
  • Programs: National EE, Hertz Presidential, Marriott Gold Elite, Daf Yomi Presidential Platinum Premier
« Reply #2244 on: May 24, 2020, 01:49:22 AM »
I guess it boils down to this:
Either you follow the medical and scientific community which has proven to not knowing much about this virus and therefore constant changing guidelines/predictions/models etc...
Or you look at the reality in the Jewish areas of NY and reach your own conclusion.
Now pick your poison..

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: May 24, 2020, 01:50:42 AM »
Either you follow the medical and scientific community which has proven to not knowing much about this virus and therefore constant changing guidelines/predictions/models etc...
Or you look at the reality in the Jewish areas of NY and reach your own conclusion.
Now pick your poison..
That did great for us the first time around

Offline Shmobaum

• View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: May 24, 2020, 01:53:19 AM »
That did great for us the first time around
Well those who listened to local medical leaders were whacked hard unfortunately...think Lakewood for example that was a week late in shutting the place down

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: May 24, 2020, 01:55:09 AM »
Well those who listened to local medical leaders were whacked hard unfortunately...think Lakewood for example that was a week late in shutting the place down
That was from not listening fast enough.
I was on the call.

Offline Shmobaum

• View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: May 24, 2020, 01:56:08 AM »
That was from not listening fast enough.
Say what?!? I pleaded with them to shut down on Sunday after Purim!!!
Fell on deaf ears...

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: May 24, 2020, 01:56:30 AM »
Fell on deaf ears...
With who?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #2250 on: May 24, 2020, 02:00:41 AM »
Fell on deaf ears...
Was too late by then.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #2251 on: May 24, 2020, 02:02:31 AM »
Was too late by then.
And the medical establishment other than one influential doctor was begging them as well at that time. I was on the call.

Offline Euclid

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2252 on: May 24, 2020, 02:03:57 AM »
heard from Monsey that there hasn't been a covid related call in 3 weeks, and Lakewood hasn't had either
1. Ask local doctors about their caseloads before drawing conclusions from Hatzolah calls. People are more cognizant of Covid-19 now and will seek medical treatment before they get to a state of needing Hatzolah (as opposed to Purim-Pesach).

2. Lakewood Hatzolah is still getting respiratory distress calls (e.g. 5 on Thursday), as well as some possible Code 19 calls.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #2253 on: May 24, 2020, 02:04:41 AM »
Was too late by then.
Tens of thousands could have been spared then, and dozens of lives saved. Remember- the last day before lockdown is by definition going to be the day with the most infected. Cases were doubling at an alarming rate. Could half have been saved? 3 quarters? That week was so critical
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #2254 on: May 24, 2020, 02:06:49 AM »
Now pick your poison..
Here is the PM I just sent you, let’s take this back into the open ;)

“The no masks was a government move to preserve masks for healthcare workers. Obviously they believed in it or they wouldn’t want it for the HC workers- it was a disgusting move but nothing to do with medical. Anyone with brains knew masks were useful just by following their logic.
The surfaces thing is GARBAGE- they said very early in that it lives on surfaces but don’t know if infectious. Then early April they said it seems not to be a primary way of transmission. The idiotic media only picked up on that “scoop” this week, but it was clearly on the CDC website since early April as I have pointed out numerous times on the forums.
Most doctors were screaming from the rooftops to shut down ahead of one specific Lakewood doctor. Either way you can’t compare what they were saying before they heard of or saw a virus to the knowledge they have after dealing with it- that’s like saying they didn’t know about it in November so we shouldn’t trust them on it now.

In summary, early on they didn’t know much about the virus because they hadn’t seen it yet, but they STILL managed to tell us a lot about it. As time went on they obviously learned more and more about it, as you would obviously expect. Regardless, they know a heck of a lot more than the local askan who listened to a Hatzalah scanner for 2 weeks. Either way I don’t understand what any of this has to do with our discussion. How can you not understand that one spouse can have it and one spouse can’t? Why is it hard to believe at all? It’s basic math. You trust your community more than math?”

Offline Euclid

• View Profile
« Reply #2255 on: May 24, 2020, 02:07:14 AM »
Tens of thousands could have been spared then, and dozens of lives saved. Remember- the last day before lockdown is by definition going to be the day with the most infected. Cases were doubling at an alarming rate. Could half have been saved? 3 quarters? That week was so critical
That March 15th interview on Kol Bramah was so, so harmful.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #2256 on: May 24, 2020, 02:11:10 AM »
That March 15th interview on Kol Bramah was so, so harmful.
Didn’t hear it, but I’m guessing it was with the doctor I was referring to about COVID-19? Do you have a link?

I’m not here to blame any one individual. People can make mistakes. It’s the insistence that the medical establishment is somehow to blame, and therefore we should completely tune them out..

Offline Euclid

• View Profile
« Reply #2257 on: May 24, 2020, 02:12:03 AM »
Didn’t hear it, but I’m guessing it was with the doctor I was referring to about COVID-19? Do you have a link?

I’m not here to blame any one individual. People can make mistakes. It’s the insistence that the medical establishment is somehow to blame, and therefore we should completely tune them out..
https://hefkervelt.blogspot.com/2020/03/audio-lakewood-pediatrician-on.html

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #2258 on: May 24, 2020, 02:12:27 AM »

Another PM I sent:

Are you kidding me? Even doctors and medicine are deficient in their knowledge (because it’s a new virus) so let’s disregard them totally and fend for ourselves? What type of loony bin language is that???

At least doctors understand how OTHER viruses spread and about the human body. Doesn’t that count for something??

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy